Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
URZZZZZ

Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by URZZZZZ » 04 Oct 2013 13:28

Just thought I'd share this following information, regardless of how far from the truth it is and given the fact that some sado thought it up while sat on the toilet.
Here goes ( cue the laughs )

Apologies this is a tad vague. Anton Zingarevich is in discussions with a Saudi business man to purchase his 51% share of Reading Football Club. Sir John Madejski has been heavily involved with the negotiations, and it is believed he is trying to tie in the sale of his remaining 49%, bringing a sole new owner into the club.

What I know about this is very sketchy, and I have to be careful what detail I pass on, as it could get my contact in a lot of trouble, but the basics are that Zingarevich underestimated the cost of running a football club. Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself.

He wanted to secure a long-term loan against the Madejski Stadium (not a mortgage as was the rumour when this came out). As far as I am aware this hasn't taken place, and subsequently the buyout of the remaining shares has been 'delayed', or if you're aware of the official line, it won't now happen!

As for the potential new owner, we will just have to wait and see if anything comes of it, but what is clear is the club (i. e. Sir John and Anton) are both doing their utmost to find a new buyer.

What has become more apparent is how important promotion to the Premier League is this season. Failure to achieve this a massive overhaul of playing staff to reduce one of the highest wage bills in the Championship. The newly awarded Category One youth academy will be terminated, saving the football club £2.5m a season, and if you're eagle eyed you'll already have noticed the football club has started retracting its advertising across the town and neighbouring towns, as a cost cutting measure. (Reading Train Station is one).

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Buyout

by ZacNaloen » 04 Oct 2013 13:38

They opened a new shop

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Oct 2013 13:48

If only someone could have predicted that shadowy foreign ownership would leave us in the sh*t :lol:

Anton ZingaROFLevich.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Oct 2013 13:55

floyd__streete If only someone could have predicted that shadowy foreign ownership would leave us in the sh*t :lol:

Anton ZingaROFLevich.

Yeah, this anonymous post from an internet rumours site confirms all our worst fears :lol:

fLOLoyd_stROFLeete

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2013 14:01

URZZZZZ Just thought I'd share this following information, regardless of how far from the truth it is and given the fact that some sado thought it up while sat on the toilet.
Here goes ( cue the laughs )

Apologies this is a tad vague. Anton Zingarevich is in discussions with a Saudi business man to purchase his 51% share of Reading Football Club. Sir John Madejski has been heavily involved with the negotiations, and it is believed he is trying to tie in the sale of his remaining 49%, bringing a sole new owner into the club.

What I know about this is very sketchy, and I have to be careful what detail I pass on, as it could get my contact in a lot of trouble, but the basics are that Zingarevich underestimated the cost of running a football club. Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself.

He wanted to secure a long-term loan against the Madejski Stadium (not a mortgage as was the rumour when this came out). As far as I am aware this hasn't taken place, and subsequently the buyout of the remaining shares has been 'delayed', or if you're aware of the official line, it won't now happen!

As for the potential new owner, we will just have to wait and see if anything comes of it, but what is clear is the club (i. e. Sir John and Anton) are both doing their utmost to find a new buyer.

What has become more apparent is how important promotion to the Premier League is this season. Failure to achieve this a massive overhaul of playing staff to reduce one of the highest wage bills in the Championship. The newly awarded Category One youth academy will be terminated, saving the football club £2.5m a season, and if you're eagle eyed you'll already have noticed the football club has started retracting its advertising across the town and neighbouring towns, as a cost cutting measure. (Reading Train Station is one).

Only thing is, I don't believe we were guaranteed promotion to the PL at the time Anton committed to the deal so that doesn't really fit in with "Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself."

Furthermore, trying to then verify this 'story' on the basis that we are no longer advertising in a couple of places! :roll: BMW were advertising on a hoarding near my work for several months but the ads are no longer there. I reckon they are going bust and are trying to get Kia to buy them out!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Oct 2013 14:05

winchester_royal Yeah, this anonymous post from an internet rumours site confirms all our worst fears :lol:

fLOLoyd_stROFLeete

Yeah, you keep your head under the water of a river in Egypt, m8 8)

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 04 Oct 2013 14:09

I found it that comical I had to share it with fellow nobbers

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Oct 2013 14:28

I, for one, welcome our new Saudi overlords. I'm hearing rumours the takeover will be completed by December 31st, allowing Gylfi to complete his transfer.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Oct 2013 14:30

Tokyo Sex Whale
URZZZZZ Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself.

Strange expectation when buying a club at the foot of the championship.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Oct 2013 14:31

genome I, for one, welcome our new Saudi overlords. I'm hearing rumours the takeover will be completed by December 31st, allowing Gylfi to complete his transfer.

MELOLT DOWN

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Oct 2013 15:00

Unattributed crap like this has no place on this message board.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Oct 2013 15:01

Norfolk Royal has spoken

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Oct 2013 15:32

Norfolk Royal Unattributed crap like this has no place on this message board.

..................and the other unattributed crap is? :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Oct 2013 16:10

:shock:

It must be true!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Oct 2013 16:23

This sounds like a rumour or gossip to me; if only there was a specific forum within HNA? where such a story, entertaining and possibly true (who knows?) though it is, could reside.................

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 04 Oct 2013 16:36

Not wanting to pour petro-dollars on the flames.....but I will.

I have just negotiated a new sponsorship for our company in Saudi and the sponsor is a young (30), very high profile member of the House of Saud. He's bright, eloquent and has become a good personal friend.

I had lunch with him yesterday (Thursday) and one throwaway comment of his got me thinking. He said: "Every rich, young Saudi either wants to be a poet or buy an English football club."

I chortled and said: "Yeah, but Sheffield United.... really?"

His reply was words to the effect of: "Just wait....."

Now he doesn't know that I support little old RFC, and he's certainly not stupid enough to plough his family's wealth in to footy - his sporting interests lay elsewhere..... but I'd be over the moon, Brian, if he did.

And all this was before I read the ridiculous rumour on this thread just now.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 04 Oct 2013 16:37

I will literally not be able to sleep tonight now. Literally.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Oct 2013 17:43

URZZZZZ Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself.

A director who left the club in August has, recently become my new boss. Naturally we spoke at length about the club, and I can categorically state that the above is not true. Promotion was as close to a mistake as is possible.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 04 Oct 2013 17:46

Dick Habbin's hairdo Not wanting to pour petro-dollars on the flames.....but I will.

I have just negotiated a new sponsorship for our company in Saudi and the sponsor is a young (30), very high profile member of the House of Saud. He's bright, eloquent and has become a good personal friend.

I had lunch with him yesterday (Thursday) and one throwaway comment of his got me thinking. He said: "Every rich, young Saudi either wants to be a poet or buy an English football club."

I chortled and said: "Yeah, but Sheffield United.... really?"

His reply was words to the effect of: "Just wait....."

Now he doesn't know that I support little old RFC, and he's certainly not stupid enough to plough his family's wealth in to footy - his sporting interests lay elsewhere..... but I'd be over the moon, Brian, if he did.

And all this was before I read the ridiculous rumour on this thread just now.

So you're suggesting that his "Just wait....." might, just might, have been him alluding to purchasing Reading?

I'm not sure how youve made that leap, but it's difficult to imagine a Saudi Prince trying to impress someone by saying "Just wait, we're gonna buy Reading!"

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 04 Oct 2013 18:01

No, Scuttz..... I'd be as surprised as the next bloke if 'my' chap invested in RFC.

However, he knows pretty much everything that happens in the Magic Kingdom and I would wager that there is at least one Saudi - in addition to the geezer at Brammall Lane - who is about to buy 'something'....

8684 posts