CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

597 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sean Morrison

by PieEater » 03 Aug 2014 21:45

Pearce has been conning a living as a professional footballer for years, he is pretty well incapable of kicking a football. His only talent is heading, and maybe reading a game to get his head in there early. He has the turning circle of an oil tanker and the pace of OAP, slightly assisted by flapping his arms.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Aug 2014 21:47

apart from some of his decent matchwinning performances ....of course

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Aug 2014 12:25

Oi - leave off slagging Morrison and Pearce until they have absolute stinkers in the games that matter.

What is it with some of you? :roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Aug 2014 12:32

Anton Ferdinand > Pearce > Morrison.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 04 Aug 2014 13:59

even now after years of good performances, I do cringe and hold my breath when the ball is heading towards Pearce as I do expect him to make a balls up each and every time

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Aug 2014 17:02

This thread is for slating Morrison. Get back on topic please :arrow:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2014 17:14

LoyalRoyal22
Ian Royal
Royal Ginger Yeah, but we saw them play last year, and the year before, and they've not showered themselves with glory in pre-season.

Pearce has proved himself more than capable at this level. Morrison's shown enough to suggest he might be, but the injury realy set him back. The main question is whether they'll work as a pair. And we'll see.

We have already seen they can't.

They've not actually played that many consecutive games together at this level, with both fully match fit. Certainly not with a settled midfield ahead of them.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 Aug 2014 17:17

In some respects, seeing as they're not going to have a settled midfield ahead of them it's irrelevant [for now]

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2014 17:21

kwik-silva In some respects, seeing as they're not going to have a settled midfield ahead of them it's irrelevant [for now]

Well. Possibly short-term. It may not be a particularly inspiring midfield to start, but it could be quite settled if it's, for example, Akpan, Hector, Taylor every week. And hopefully we can have Karacan, Williams and Guthrie all fighting fit by October at the latest.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2014 00:58

floyd__streete Anton Ferdinand > Pearce > Morrison > Anton Ferdinand

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Aug 2014 16:07

Don't Pearce and Morro both prefer to be the right sided centre half? That's why they both looked better with Gorkks who was more naturally left footed? Just think they are too similar. Thought Hector had a good game at centre back down at Brighton and had hoped to see more of him in that position

yappy

by yappy » 09 Aug 2014 16:35

I've never really understood people who make a point of the difference between playing left centre back and right centre back. In reality the difference between the two positions is minimal.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Aug 2014 17:28

yappy I've never really understood people who make a point of the difference between playing left centre back and right centre back. In reality the difference between the two positions is minimal.

Disagree with this (to some extent). It shouldn't really make a difference, especially to someone who is comfortable on the ball, or a player who is reasonably two footed. But a very right footed player tends to either drift to the right or can over compensate and play too far to the left and leave a bigger gap next to to his other centre back. If you have a strong defensive left back then it also reduces the impact (eg an Ian harte vs a Jordan Obita) as the left back will probably tuck inside slightly allowing the centre backs to play closer together.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 09 Aug 2014 19:09

Get Ferdinand fit and Pearce out. Give Morro and Ferdinand some time. Agree with the criticism of Pearce. Brave with his head, but a very average defender.

yappy

by yappy » 09 Aug 2014 19:10

IMO Morrison is the weak link rather than Pearce.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Aug 2014 19:21

both at fault, pearce should have won the header morrison shouldn't have got drawn out and created that space behind Pearce

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2014 20:04

Pearce has consistently been the better defender IMO. But if Morro can get his concentration and decision making sorted he has the potential to be better. I think Hec will have secured one of the spots by the end of the seasonn

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Aug 2014 20:48

Ian Royal Pearce has consistently been the better defender IMO. But if Morro can get his concentration and decision making sorted he has the potential to be better. I think Hec will have secured one of the spots by the end of the seasonn

Agree with all of the above ^

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 10 Aug 2014 12:01

He was at fault for the equaliser against Wigan, went for a ball that Pearce was covering and left a massive gap for Wigan to score.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 10 Aug 2014 12:30

yappy I've never really understood people who make a point of the difference between playing left centre back and right centre back. In reality the difference between the two positions is minimal.

Being a bit of a footie nerd- I find this comment interesting.

I played London Sunday park football at best(usually against lower league pros who never made it that level)-totally right footed; so with a regular crap Right Back-felt I needed to play right centre half-new player turns up-I assumed he was a right footer also-having never seen him play or train and as captain-to help him out I said I would play left centre half.

After the game the opposition players and the manager thought we were the best CH combination in the league (shut out).

Turned out afterwards the newbie CH said he was totally left footed ! Although I never identified this during the game(TBF I suspected he was two footed)-he was that good- unfortunately he pissed off back North after a couple of games as he was homesick.

On balance I probably agree that at CH it doesn't matter left footer/right footer-what is more important is a blend.I read the game well, was very quick , good tackler , good right foot passer and was a bit of a thug- Crucially however I could not head a ball (told myself that neither could Bobby Moore), had no left foot and was not comfortable on the ball.Newbie was the total opposite to me.

Oh and I am totally amazed that @ the very highest level players up front are not two footed.It was noticeable in the World Cup, Rooney had no left foot and Sturridge no right & yet they are on £250k a week plus-who coached them as kids ?

597 posts