BFTG Derby Away

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Derby Away

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Sep 2014 22:31

Played some good football tonight, i would say everyone except Edwards and Mackie played well. The goal was against the run of play, but Derby are a good side. We badly miss McCleary, most of our good moves broke down when they got to the wing. Robson-Kanu looked fresh, pleased with how he played.

Andersen-8
Gunter- 7
Hector- 8
Pearce- 7
Obita- 7
Guthrie - 7
Kuhl- 7
Mackie- 4
Robson Kanu- 7
Edwards- 6
Pog- 7
Last edited by LoyalRoyal22 on 23 Sep 2014 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Derby Away

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2014 22:42

Thanks for the information.

Who is Anderson? :P

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 23 Sep 2014 23:05

First game of the season for me......
1) Mackie looks lost and unfit
2) Kuhl took ages to settle and played like his hair twin from PSG for the first 20 mins
3) Obita really is some player
4) HRK isn't and never will be a front man
5) Hector was excellent.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 23 Sep 2014 23:13

Kitsondinho First game of the season for me......
2) Kuhl took ages to settle and played like his hair twin from PSG for the first 20 mins
5) Hector was excellent.

And Gunter makes things Tick

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 23 Sep 2014 23:24

Kitsondinho First game of the season for me......
5) Hector was excellent.

all of the above for me, including the first game part.

Pog was beyond woeful though.

We only had one sustained period of attack and that was 55-65 mins into the game.

Hector's runs through the middle were fantastic. Gunters work rate was excellent.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2014 23:45

Kitsondinho 2) Kuhl took ages to settle and played like his hair twin from PSG for the first 20 mins

I knew Kuhl was good, but I didn't think he was that good :shock:

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 23 Sep 2014 23:57

I agree with most of the comments, but thought Kuhl was excellent second half after a nervous first 20.

The front 3 of Mackie, HRK and Pog provided no threat at all. Mackie was particularly poor.

Back 4 all good, with Hector MoM and Andersen good too.

I actually thought Edwards was our best midfield player.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 24 Sep 2014 08:58

Well that was pretty awful.
Apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half we were not very good.

HRK, Pog and Mackie (the latter messing up a one on one in the first half) where pretty useless.

Anderson made at least one good save and Hector was our MOM by a country mile.

It was noticeable how quickly Derby broke. We had no pace at all.

LOL of the night was the pensioner Derby fan to our right standing up gesticulating and shouting abuse in our direction. This went on for about five minutes. None of us has a clue what he was ranting on about before being reprimanded by a steward.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Sep 2014 09:30

Who Is Anderson?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 24 Sep 2014 09:43

Royalwaster Who Is Anderson?

Think he produced Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds
Heres a link for you little boy
http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 24 Sep 2014 10:33

I think you'll find he was in the Matrix played by Keanu Reeves, now he's got bored with that and become our keeper

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Sep 2014 12:06

Strange game. In the end well-beaten but I thought

(a) Derby are a top side
(b) We show great promise

Hector was immense. I think he ought to play DM and get used to the role. He one countless tackles against
some very good players and broke through the centre at speed. IMO he will grow into a top top CB or DM.

I say DM as we need someone big and strong in front of the back four.

Despite the BS stats first half, we were playing a great defensive game and fully deserved parity at half time.

"Shots" don't mean a lot when they are from way out and sailing wide or tamely at the keeper. Thought Derby's wing combinations
were excellent and they will slaughter a few sides this season.

We looked solid/defensive first half and made great tackles and interceptions, looked very very good going forward for 15 minutes of the
second half, but then their left side attack started to tear Gunter apart.

Khul started nervously, then settled. Seemed like Guthrie was taking his favourite position, but later Khul was slightly deeper, more central,
and started to play a lot of very simple balls, always wanting it. However, I thought he played "within himself" without a lot of energy. I think he will
need to add movement to his game. At times he looked as languid as Berbatov.

The lack of real energy in the Reading team was noticeable. Derby ran their socks off and chased everything down, so much that I
thought they were bound to run out of puff in the last half hour. They didn't!

We should remember that we had our second keeper in goal (third at the start of the season), Guthrie back after a long lay off, HRK
back after injury, Hector too. We looked competent but not SHARP.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Sep 2014 12:39

Agree with what you say about Kuhl. Don't know whether you ever saw his dad play but the younger version is not so much a chip off the old block, but a chip which is still embedded in the block.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Sep 2014 12:46

There is some promise in this Reading team. Obita was superb again, our best player on the night who is maintaining a consistent level of performance which some of the more experienced players can only dream of. Hector also had an excellent game, outperforming Pearce who committed himself high up the pitch leaving a gap which was exploited for the first goal and who managed a quite stunning finish for the second. We continue to concede soft as sh*t goals under the Adkins regime.

We played some decent stuff at times but it was all so one-paced. And again the experienced players let the youngsters down.....Mackie missed a clear cut one-on-one at 0-0 and we've ended up losing the game. I have rarely been hugely impressed by Mackie when I've seen him play against us; he has no real pace, mediocre first touch, mediocre scoring record and is pretty much an honest plodder at this level.

I do not subscribe to the theory that this result is somehow a blessing in disguise. A cup run would have been desirable in many ways, particularly as I have seen little from this team thus far to suggest we can make a push for promotion this season.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Sep 2014 12:48

The way Guthrie and Kuhl played together makes me think Guthrie and Norwood can actually work together in Midfield. And as long as Akpan is not starting its a bonus.

Jamie Mackie is terrible, would love to see his stats. Cant remember one pass he played, or one cross. Such a poor player. So hope we don't make it a Perm deal. When we get everyone fit we will look a much better side with Blackman and McCleary on the wings.

Not liking the HRK bashing, he looked really sharp, our only real threat going forward.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2014 13:44

floyd__streete There is some promise in this Reading team. Obita was superb again, our best player on the night who is maintaining a consistent level of performance which some of the more experienced players can only dream of. Hector also had an excellent game, outperforming Pearce who committed himself high up the pitch leaving a gap which was exploited for the first goal and who managed a quite stunning finish for the second. We continue to concede soft as sh*t goals under the Adkins regime.

We played some decent stuff at times but it was all so one-paced. And again the experienced players let the youngsters down.....Mackie missed a clear cut one-on-one at 0-0 and we've ended up losing the game. I have rarely been hugely impressed by Mackie when I've seen him play against us; he has no real pace, mediocre first touch, mediocre scoring record and is pretty much an honest plodder at this level.

I do not subscribe to the theory that this result is somehow a blessing in disguise. A cup run would have been desirable in many ways, particularly as I have seen little from this team thus far to suggest we can make a push for promotion this season.

That's because you've not been at the games Floyd! I've been quite impressed by what I've seen - it's a marathon not a sprint, and I think with some others back from injury, we could be a force to be reckoned with as the players gel and understand what Adkins out wants from them. :wink:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Sep 2014 14:27

Royal Lady
floyd__streete There is some promise in this Reading team. Obita was superb again, our best player on the night who is maintaining a consistent level of performance which some of the more experienced players can only dream of. Hector also had an excellent game, outperforming Pearce who committed himself high up the pitch leaving a gap which was exploited for the first goal and who managed a quite stunning finish for the second. We continue to concede soft as sh*t goals under the Adkins regime.

That's because you've not been at the games Floyd! I've been quite impressed by what I've seen - it's a marathon not a sprint, and I think with some others back from injury, we could be a force to be reckoned with as the players gel and understand what Adkins out wants from them. :wink:

Let's be fair though. It was obvious to anyone who knows about football that Reading would lose at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday and it was also obvious they would get knocked out last night against Derby. When you can call these sorts of defeats, your team are definitely not going up.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Sep 2014 14:48

No Fixed Abode Let's be fair though. It was obvious to anyone who knows about football that Reading would lose at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Did you have us down for the W then Kes?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Sep 2014 15:58

Royality creeps In

Think he produced Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds
Heres a link for you little boy
http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/

He's dead though. Could never have been able to play in goal last night.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Sep 2014 17:06

Royal Lady

Agree. Although I also don't think anyone should be expecting a promotion push this season.