Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blackpool (H) Prediction Thread

by chilipepper91 » 24 Oct 2014 07:38

3-1
Murray (2), Mackie

Crowd get restless after we don't score in the first ten minutes

Attendance: 15,883

Golden Gamble: both sold "outside the ground"

Pre-match video makes an unwelcome return (emo version)

Post-match interview: Adkins spends five minutes telling everyone the chances that happened in the game with zero analysis or insight

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 24 Oct 2014 08:35

Post-match interview: Adkins spends five minutes telling everyone the chances that happened in the game with zero analysis or insight

And waxes lyrical about how we controlled possession of "The Football". :roll:

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 24 Oct 2014 08:49

4-2 Reading
x2 Murray, Cox, Blackman
x2 Miller

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 24 Oct 2014 09:31

Reading 1-0 Blackpool

52' Mackie

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 24 Oct 2014 10:19

2-2 Draw.

Oyston and The Zinger seen playing a high stakes card game in the hospitality suite buried under piles of cash shouting 'bring me another of your finest bottles.......Roxanne and Mimi seem to be running dry'.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Oct 2014 14:37

A sizeable minority of the crowd will arrive with an extremely negative attitude towards the manager and players, almost hoping to be proved right by a defeat at the hands of Blackpool.

The more sensible majority will be very nervous and these nerves will be passed onto the team who will already be edgy due to the amount of abuse received from thhe negative minority the moment someone made a mistake.

As a consequence, it will be an extremely edgey affair with a high risk that Blackpool will capitalise on the atmosphere and nick three points through a very lucky goal and some bus parking.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 24 Oct 2014 16:02

A very nervy win.

2-1 reading
cox
blackman

miller

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Oct 2014 20:35

RoyalBlue A sizeable minority of the crowd will arrive with an extremely negative attitude towards the manager and players, almost hoping to be proved right by a defeat at the hands of Blackpool.

The more sensible majority will be very nervous and these nerves will be passed onto the team who will already be edgy due to the amount of abuse received from thhe negative minority the moment someone made a mistake.

As a consequence, it will be an extremely edgey affair with a high risk that Blackpool will capitalise on the atmosphere and nick three points through a very lucky goal and some bus parking.

Nope, will always want Reading to win whether that man is in charge or not.

Once again people like you try to paint people who rightly question the many bizarre decisions made by the manager as being unreasonable when they are not.

Then again RoyalBlue I suspect you don't really care about the manager and are conveniently using his failures as an excuse to attack Sir John Madejski.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 25 Oct 2014 08:29

Zana Badawi
windermere_royal A real 6 pointer 14 games into the season. 3-1 win watched by the lowest crowd of the year, 14.000

Have a small feeling that the attendance may surprise you as floating visitors become intrigued by the car crash ramifications of a loss.....
Not that Blackpool will bring any.

Id say this has draw written all over it, but Blackpool really are the team NA wants to face right now.

Blackpool really aren't the team he wanted to face. A club in turmoil beating us would highlight a major issue. Whereas a defeat against Watford would be able to be covered up by the "best team in the league" cack he credited to Derby. Likewise beat them and it won't carry the kudos of beating a more capable side even though Blackpool are improving.

I'd say a Cardiff or Brighton would be more for him.

Anyway 2-1 Reading. Close game very close game. No confidence from me. Nigel goes off on a tangent on how all his ideas have worked. Quite clear we only won as Blackpool are in more of a mess than us
Last edited by Reading4eva on 25 Oct 2014 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 25 Oct 2014 08:34

4-0

Kerr, Lovell (2), Quinn

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 25 Oct 2014 09:02

2-1

Blackman, Cox

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Oct 2014 09:19

Adkins tries to stop the rot with a 4-1-5-0 formation. If Blackpool score first we are oxf*rd.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Oct 2014 09:40

In competent hands, our current squad would be competing at the other end of the table but Adkins possesses a rare quality at this level to fashion defeat at home to lowly Blackpool.

Should this come to pass and our dreadful manager walks or is pushed, I won't be alone amongst long suffering fans in opening a bottle by way of celebration.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 25 Oct 2014 10:14

Both teams are short of confidence. As per other posts I can see it being a nervy game.
If we score first and early I can see a scenario where confidence floods back into the team and we score a hatful.
Equally if they score first I can see it being a horrible, nasty afternoons with boos and slamming of seats.
At the moment I can't see us coming back if we go a goal down which is worrying.

Naively dreaming of a win with a clean sheet (cake and eat it scenario).

0-0 then.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 25 Oct 2014 11:18

Woodcote Royal In competent hands, our current squad would be competing at the other end of the table but Adkins possesses a rare quality at this level to fashion defeat at home to lowly Blackpool.

Should this come to pass and our dreadful manager walks or is pushed, I won't be alone amongst long suffering fans in opening a bottle by way of celebration.

+1

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Oct 2014 11:36

urz13
Woodcote Royal In competent hands, our current squad would be competing at the other end of the table but Adkins possesses a rare quality at this level to fashion defeat at home to lowly Blackpool.

+1

It's a prediction thread, but you don't seem to have made one, it's Wimbledon all over again, then many on here at the time were baying for blood.
Got my tenner on at a 3-0 for Blackpool.
And this group that we have should really not be doing much better, for reasons outlined elsewhere often enough.
If only we had sacked the.manager back then, think where we could be by now.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 25 Oct 2014 11:52

Who will be up for it most?

Sorry to say, I think Blackpool will win 3-1.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Oct 2014 12:34

Harpers So Solid Crew
urz13

+1

I'd take it up the arse for Nige, if he'd only ask me :|