BFTG - Blackpool

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Blackpool

by Muskrat » 25 Oct 2014 21:50

wingnut Yeah pretty poor quality football from both sides. No sign of the passing game Nigel was supposed to bring with him and after making so many comments about long kicks from the keeper it was interesting* to note that Feds hit it long every time he had the ball. So still not sure what Adkins brings to our table really.
Bewildering subs - Hal hardly touched the ball all game and yet stayed on the pitch. Pog currently looks nothing like a professional footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.
And the penalty looked like it should've been a free kick on the edge of the area and should've been retaken anyway.

Well said Wingnut you can be my new best friend. Absolutely dire game of football and the most uninspiring 3-0 win that I think I've ever seen. Obviously a win is a win etc etc but against any other team our one paced long ball game would have been taken apart. As it was 3-0 hugely flattered us.

Plusses were Mackie for his unbelievable workrate and Akpan for being new Liegertwood only twice as good. Murray is a great lower league centre forward but he shouldn't really complain when he gets booked for persistent fouling after having been warned.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Oct 2014 23:02

3points
RoyalBlue
So like the ref you failed to spot Feds' brilliant save?! A couple of other decent saves and takes too. Kicking really wasn't that bad (the one he kicked out on the left in the first half was because he played safe and opted not to kick it straight towards the rapidly closing forward!) and a lot of the distribution was intentionally slow - when opportunities were on he did release quickly e.g. the kick for Cox to chase down the right in the first half. To give him just 5 is absurd.

Sitting 100 yds away, it was difficult to spot a save or a post so I can only take your word for that, given the red didn't see it and he was a lot closer to it than me. Other than that, the only thing he really had to do was take a clattering from Miller in the first half, which was a brave piece of keeping.

When he kicked long to Cox he took the wrong option. Cox was marked, whereas HRK a had about 20 yds of space. Plus he over hit the kick giving Cox almost no chance of reeling it in. He also didn't come out to claim a couple of balls to mKe life easier for his defence. It's like he's got lead in his boots, he's so slow to come off his line. I assume you didn't see how pissed off Murray was getting with him either making him run across the full width of the pitch as Feds wanted to kick it to the right touch line when Murray was lined up with HRK on the left.

I think he's single handedly turning us back into a hoofball team as a result of his superior distribution skills.

Maybe you should accompany the ref and his assistant on the East Stand side to SpecSavers! Even if you didn't see it for yourself, you could tell from the reaction of players from both sides that Feds did save that shot when it looked inevitable that they would score. I presume you were asleep or in the concourse when Feds produced a good save from an awkwardly dipping/swerving shot. He didn't exactly overhit the kick to Cox but it was clearly carried by the wind more than he expected. Guess from the great trouble you are taking to find the negatives in his game, you are still feeling upset about the departure of McCarthy!

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 25 Oct 2014 23:40

PieEater
Ian Herring However, there is little 'spark' - no drive that in particular you used to see in Coppell's selections.

It's kind of 'Reading Lite'.

IMHO Pardew started the high tempo hard working team, we need to get back to that starting with multi-ball. We take an age over throw ins, I'm sure that would help.

BRING BACK MULTI BALL

All Pardew knows is how to get a dodgy contract with a big pay-off that that keeps you in your job, even when you're shite at it. But yes, we do miss multi-ball & no bugger shows any movement for RFC throw-ins.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 25 Oct 2014 23:46

Boo boys - 'name and shame' bizarre in the least, especially when our teams winning.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 26 Oct 2014 00:09

madstadblues Boo boys - 'name and shame' bizarre in the least, especially when our teams winning.

Didn't notice anyone being a 'boo-boy' today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2014 00:35

RoyalBlue
3points
RoyalBlue
So like the ref you failed to spot Feds' brilliant save?! A couple of other decent saves and takes too. Kicking really wasn't that bad (the one he kicked out on the left in the first half was because he played safe and opted not to kick it straight towards the rapidly closing forward!) and a lot of the distribution was intentionally slow - when opportunities were on he did release quickly e.g. the kick for Cox to chase down the right in the first half. To give him just 5 is absurd.

Sitting 100 yds away, it was difficult to spot a save or a post so I can only take your word for that, given the red didn't see it and he was a lot closer to it than me. Other than that, the only thing he really had to do was take a clattering from Miller in the first half, which was a brave piece of keeping.

When he kicked long to Cox he took the wrong option. Cox was marked, whereas HRK a had about 20 yds of space. Plus he over hit the kick giving Cox almost no chance of reeling it in. He also didn't come out to claim a couple of balls to mKe life easier for his defence. It's like he's got lead in his boots, he's so slow to come off his line. I assume you didn't see how pissed off Murray was getting with him either making him run across the full width of the pitch as Feds wanted to kick it to the right touch line when Murray was lined up with HRK on the left.

I think he's single handedly turning us back into a hoofball team as a result of his superior distribution skills.

Maybe you should accompany the ref and his assistant on the East Stand side to SpecSavers! Even if you didn't see it for yourself, you could tell from the reaction of players from both sides that Feds did save that shot when it looked inevitable that they would score. I presume you were asleep or in the concourse when Feds produced a good save from an awkwardly dipping/swerving shot. He didn't exactly overhit the kick to Cox but it was clearly carried by the wind more than he expected. Guess from the great trouble you are taking to find the negatives in his game, you are still feeling upset about the departure of McCarthy!

:lol:

Having seen it a couple of times now, it looks rather like it hit the post, rebounded onto Fed's head and then went out. I suppose he may have tipped it on the post. I'd like to see it a couple more times before saying categorically.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 26 Oct 2014 01:23

harry
bobby1413 People booing Adkins songs should be ashamed. Whether you disagree or not, booing him is unwarranted. Either support him as he is still the manager or stay quiet - perfectly acceptable.

Well said (or typed)

+1

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Oct 2014 07:50

My goodness, you lot really are a bunch of mongs.

You are always pfucking moaning about something. We won the game.......

Stop moaning and start supporting the team.....and that includes the management.

You might find you enjoy it a bit more......

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Oct 2014 08:37

Ian, agree with you. Having watched the highlights on the FLS it definitely hit his head after coming back off the post.

And RB, FWIW, I've never been a fan of Federici. He's a decent Championship keeper and makes some good saves. We sold McCarthy so we have have Feds and hes been fine. I just thought his kicking wasnt good yesterday and hasn't been for the past couple of home games. Will be interesting to see if he signs a new contract at some point this season or opts to leave on a free.

Esteban

by Esteban » 26 Oct 2014 08:40

Ian Herring Soporific game in unseasonably (and beautiful) afternoon sunshine.

Impression one gets is that the team often do the 'bare minimum' to get by.

Blackpool were truly dire.

Reading were efficient at times, some of the basics were quite good, some good passing at times.

However, there is little 'spark' - no drive that in particular you used to see in Coppell's selections.

Glad of the three points. Some tough games coming up against opposition that will need a bit more bite exerted against them than today's visitors.

We haven't had a spark since Karacan was injured.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 26 Oct 2014 09:12

semtex1871 My goodness, you lot really are a bunch of mongs.

Stop moaning and start supporting the team.....and that includes the management.

In terms of entertainment it was "pfucking" abysmal.

Time wasting with half an hour to go, crowd asleep, players couldn't be bothered. There was more atmosphere at the Swansea friendly in pre-season.

I will continue to "pfucking" moan whilst we play poorly and they give us nothing to get excited about. We didn't deserve to lose to Derby 3-0 but we didn't deserve to win that 3-0. Think a penalty, an own goal, and a horrible goalkeeping error will tell you that.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 26 Oct 2014 09:21

Ian Royal :lol:

Having seen it a couple of times now, it looks rather like it hit the post, rebounded onto Fed's head and then went out. I suppose he may have tipped it on the post. I'd like to see it a couple more times before saying categorically.

Even at the time in the ground it was clear it came off Feds. He prepared for a corner. Mackie knocked the ball over to the corner flag. Meanwhile the ref indicated a goal kick and the Blackpool fans crossed him off their Christmas card list. Everyone around us laughed and marked it as one in our favour for a change.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 26 Oct 2014 09:31

Sounds remarkably like common sense.

It'll never catch on.

Maybe I'm easily pleased or maybe my expectations have been recalibrated after recent weeks (after probably being lower than some in the first place), but I didn't think the game was dreadful. It wasn't a classic, it was OK. We won and kept a clean sheet. I'd have taken a 3-0 before. I would have probably ripped your arm off taking it.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Oct 2014 09:36

Esteban

Reading were efficient at times, some of the basics were quite good, some good passing at times.

However, there is little 'spark' - no drive that in particular you used to see in Coppell's selections.

Glad of the three points. Some tough games coming up against opposition that will need a bit more bite exerted against them than today's visitors.

Rubbish, both Guthrie and Williams have provided that at times.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 26 Oct 2014 09:39

Defense back to basics yesterday, with the way things have been I'm absolutely fine with that seeing as suicidal defending has been a slight weakness recently. If in doubt kick it out.

Other than that, it was pretty much as it's been, except Blackpool were inept enough to let us score 3.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Oct 2014 09:48

Royal Ginger
Esteban

Rubbish, both Guthrie and Williams have provided that at times.

Williams, definitely.

Guthrie, definitely not.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Oct 2014 09:57

chilipepper91

In terms of entertainment it was "pfucking" abysmal.

Time wasting with half an hour to go, crowd asleep, players couldn't be bothered. There was more atmosphere at the Swansea friendly in pre-season.

I will continue to "pfucking" moan whilst we play poorly and they give us nothing to get excited about. We didn't deserve to lose to Derby 3-0 but we didn't deserve to win that 3-0. Think a penalty, an own goal, and a horrible goalkeeping error will tell you that.

But you're paying money to go and moan.....just start enjoying it.

Oh, and you do know that I put the p in front of f*cking on purpose don't you?
Last edited by semtex1871 on 26 Oct 2014 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 26 Oct 2014 09:58

Still not really a good enough performance, but we won the game we had to win. Only real differences from before were Murray and Mackie FINALLY putting in a very, very good shift. But against anyone other than such a poor team like Blackpool we would have struggled to get a result.

So brilliant to hear the majority of fans getting behind Adkins, shame for a few utter fucktards booing and starting on those singing his name. Absolute twats.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 26 Oct 2014 10:04

Caversham Royal
madstadblues Boo boys - 'name and shame' bizarre in the least, especially when our teams winning.

Didn't notice anyone being a 'boo-boy' today.

You don't seem to notice too much at games do you? Especially if you can't recognise the impact Pardew had on the club and team.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 26 Oct 2014 10:16

Will95 So brilliant to hear the majority of fans getting behind Adkins, shame for a few utter fucktards booing and starting on those singing his name. Absolute twats.

+1