BFTG Bolton (H)

110 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Bolton (H)

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Dec 2014 18:26

Well that was a bit rubbish wasn't it? 2 pretty poor sides doing a whole lot of nothing, the first half in particular stood out as a massive snoozefest, with the 2nd half only being a slight improvement. Wasn't a fan of the booing at half time and full time, yeah it wasn't a great game but we didn't lose and in my opinion were the slightly better team.

Also that has to be the first time I've heard a player sarcastically cheered off since Andy Hughes, wonder what effect that will have on HRK.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Bolton (H)

by PieEater » 06 Dec 2014 18:28

First, Obita is not a central midfielder and despite playing 451 we still lost midfield and couldn't string 3 passes together. We looked much better with him on the wing. We then resort to aimless hoofs in the channel, which is not Murray's game. Williams and Norwood were poor.

Bolton worked hard to stop us playing and seemed to be stronger and better in the tackle, as typified by HRK bottling a 50:50.

We had our chances but the ball didn't quite fall for us, Hector in particular missed 2 good chances. Feds saved us with a spectacular one handed save, that was pretty well Bolton's only chance.

It was bloody cold.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 06 Dec 2014 18:31

I didn't feel that cold.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Dec 2014 18:36

Jack Celliers I didn't feel that cold.

I felt pretty cold and there were some pretty twatish kids sitting next to my dad in Y21.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 06 Dec 2014 18:47

Yeah we were pretty poor-particularly Kanu, Obita & Gunter.

Whatever Adkins doing on the training ground isn't working, absolutely zilch movement-our one attacking ploy to hit Coops on set pieces.

Feds 6: One v good save, little to do-couple of poor kicks.
Kelly 6 : Just about did enough, but nothing going forward.
Gunter 5: Clearly has no left foot.
Coops 7: Real threat in the opposition box-one horror pass-but better than Pierce.
Hector 5 : Couple of horror moments and missed two good chances.
Obita 5: Almost a 4-low on confidence.
Norwood 7 : MOM but his passing radar bit off a couple of times.
Williams 4: Clearly still not match fit-short of power and pace.
Mc Cleary 4; Ditto-did very little.
Kanu 3 : One good piece of play over an hour-clearly not good enough & for a winger seriously lacks pace.
Murray 5: Tried hard, but that Fulham performance , seems a million miles away.

Cox 5: Just not sharp enough.
Blackman 6: Worth a start.

Ref: Probably best I have seen this season-got most things right-his East stand lino was pretty poor however-but right about the off side.

Bolton: Chung best player on the pitch by miles-but they have no strikers.

Drop in attendances becoming a concern.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Dec 2014 18:54

PieEater ....... and Norwood were poor.

So wrong.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 06 Dec 2014 18:57

Westwood52
Drop in attendances becoming a concern.

That'll be all the fair-weather fans moaning on here rather than going to the match to support "their team" :roll: :roll:

We're 14th in the table just a couple of months after nearly going into administration after being stitched up by TSI.......things could be a hell of a lot worse!!

Get a grip you bunch of dimlos..........

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Dec 2014 19:13

Hopefully the sarcastic cheering to HRK when he was subbed with give him a kick up his rather large arse that he needs. He was slow, disinterested and not fully committed today.

Williams still hasn't got all his fitness back but he is getting there, as is McCleary.

On the plus side I though Kelly was superb today as was Cooper. Hector was pretty good defensively but his passing was a bit off radar today. But the two of them look a far better partnership than having Pearce out there.

Next I would like to see HRK dropped for Cox, and maybe a bit contoversially I would like to see Obita left on the bench and Blackman started.

Overall a pretty dull match, but a decent point.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Dec 2014 19:20

Movement is very poor.
Also, losing out in virtually every 50-50 challenge is not good...

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 06 Dec 2014 19:28

4-5-1 against a Bolton side who are lacking a striker is pathetic.

3 points were there for the taking today and we failed.

Berry

by Berry » 06 Dec 2014 19:43

First game since Fulham home....At KO it felt like 2-30pm as there was almost a feel of a friendly match, The stadium was empty and quiet, very strange.

IMO I dont blame Adkins or the players, the way I see it is that Adkins has a plan of how he wants to play and unfortunately the players (Not all of them) cant adapt to it, Adkins has to stick to his plan so I guess the blame lies with all the shenanigans of different owners only having half faith in Adkins and not really opening the chequebook for him.

The players are all working as hard as they can but dont find Adkins system easy to fathom, another manager may have more success by playing a different way which suits some of the players but would the owners give a new manager money to actually see the job through? According to the remarks on the FPP I doubt it.

Watching bolton today you could see Lennons ideas filtering down to the players, the Korean lad in the middle was setting up great wing play with his quick tempo passes and both Bolton wingers were direct and putting in crosses when ever possible, whereas McCleary was cutting inside and going sideways on many occasion as was Obita and then not being able to shoot with the weaker foot.

IMO Readings best players were Hector,Cooper, Feds as they kept a clean sheet and Boltons best player was the lad they bought from Crewe, Max Clayton, his wing play on the right was fantastic, a great buy for £300k and only 20...Only wish he wore the hoops

Forty

by Forty » 06 Dec 2014 19:48

Great line from the lad in front of me as yet another pass went astray late in the game.

"It's a shame Robson-Kanu's gone off. If he was still on we'd've had someone to watch that...."

Berry

by Berry » 06 Dec 2014 19:50

I didnt realise that HRK had been on until he was subbed!!!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Dec 2014 19:52

Dull, boring, and lacking any passion, we need to get used to this 'cos it's not going to change this season at least

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 06 Dec 2014 19:53

The only thing I can muster up by way of a reaction to that is disappointment. Yes, they had a bit of a go at it in the second half, but we had every right to expect more.

Good performances: Kelly, Hector, Cooper.
1 stunning save from Feds but not really troubled apart from that.
Hard work but little product: Obita, Williams, Norwood, Murray,
Poor first half, good second: McCleary
Dodgy: Gunter
A disgrace: HRK

Adkins: HRK instead of Cox? Having a laugh.

Lee Chung-Yong - best player at the Mad Stad this season. By a country mile.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 Dec 2014 20:10

An awful game.
How much longer do we have to put with the inept manager of ours.
He is strangling all the entertainment out of our club.

I have been supporting this club home and away since 1971 and I can honestly say that I have never been so bored watching Reading.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 06 Dec 2014 20:13

I was in corporate today and the post match conversation centred around man of the match and when there was a delay in said person turning up the consensus was that nobody deserved it - went to Norwood which for me was just about OK. I really struggled to make a case for anyone really.

I can see the poor crowds continuing unless the fare on offer improves. I'm still in the Adkins is doing a decent job in difficult circumstances camp but we do need something.

Highlight of my day was one of my all time favourite players doing the pre match chat and Kitson didn't disappoint. He was asked why he retired and he initially said two words "Michael Appleton". When asked to expand he said he had previous with him at Pompey and when Appleton arrived at Oxford he said to Kits "what are you going to do". " I'm not going to play for you" was the reply and decision was taken to retire. Gotta love Kits!

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 06 Dec 2014 20:48

The drop in attendances is because of Adkins, wake up and smell the coffee!

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 06 Dec 2014 21:12

Adkins has a plan of how he wants to play

The only plan first half was to hoof it to Murray which was sussed within 5 minutes and so cancelled him out . Sorry, that display was absolutely dire although unbelievably it was actually better than last week where we nicked the points.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Dec 2014 21:22

West Stand Man
PieEater ....... and Norwood were poor.

So wrong.

Yes he was. He is like a crab he just goes sideways. Never passes forward shocking dead ball delivery. I fail to see how he gets a game?

110 posts