Jamie Mackie

Should we sign Mackie when his loan is up in the summer?

Yes
70%
No
21%
Don't know
9%

Total votes: 162
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Jamie Mackie

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Jan 2015 13:10

He will be two years into a three year contract in the summer and will be 30 in September. If still surplus to requirements at Forrest i imagine he would be within our budget i would imagine around 500k? Has he done enough for you to sign? Imo no, he tries hard, very little end product, and i don't really know what he offers the team.

Gilksy

Re: Jamie Mackie

by Gilksy » 14 Jan 2015 13:17

Big yes from me.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 14 Jan 2015 13:29

Gilksy Big yes from me.

Tries hard, closes down well but doesn't beat his man enough on the wing and little end product. No thanks. Will do for the time being though but I'd hope we would be in good position in the summer so we don't have to panic buy and can find a better option for around the same price (£500k mentioned above)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Jan 2015 13:38

Nah. All perspiration and very little inspiration as far as I am concerned.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2015 13:55

Massive disappointment. Thought he was a decent signing when he came but offered very little. Reading FC's answer to Jeremy Beadle. Expectation, big on the one hand, end product small on the other.

mbb

by mbb » 14 Jan 2015 14:02

Always rated the guy and I would be well chuffed if we signed him in the summer. Not a winger in my eyes, reckon he would be better in a number 10 role.
Sort of a Noel Hunt but with more skill!!

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 14 Jan 2015 14:27

mbb Always rated the guy and I would be well chuffed if we signed him in the summer. Not a winger in my eyes, reckon he would be better in a number 10 role.
Sort of a Noel Hunt but with more skill!!

I'm not sure about more skill, both about the same except hunt was a striker with a great spring, the ability to beat a man and whip in a cross wasn't such a necessity.

Gilksy

by Gilksy » 14 Jan 2015 15:31

GH Royal
Gilksy Big yes from me.

Tries hard, closes down well but doesn't beat his man enough on the wing and little end product. No thanks. Will do for the time being though but I'd hope we would be in good position in the summer so we don't have to panic buy and can find a better option for around the same price (£500k mentioned above)

You're in for a huge shock this summer then. Less parachute payments and even more cuts need to be made to balance the already overinflated books. The likes of Mackie, if they are affordable, we will be very grateful of.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jan 2015 15:34

Hard worker. Not huge amounts of flair or skill but definitely an asset. Especially with money tight.

I don't think we've seen his best yet because of injuries and poor form from the whole team.

I'm not convinced he's worth signing full time with McCleary and Blackman, plus Taylor and then there's Stacey and Edwards in the wings. We've got plenty on the right so we'd be better off not signing him and getting a left sider.

Saying that i think he's currently our second best wide option behind McCleary.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 14 Jan 2015 15:36

I'd rather Mackie than Blackman, HRK or Taylor.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 14 Jan 2015 16:14

Gilksy
GH Royal
Gilksy Big yes from me.

You're in for a huge shock this summer then. Less parachute payments and even more cuts need to be made to balance the already overinflated books. The likes of Mackie, if they are affordable, we will be very grateful of.

Never said I expected our books to be in the green, said I'd hope we were in a good position, just meaning we had a bit of money to play with. Also it was on the idea that we'd spend £500k to get him, which IMO could be better spent on someone else.

Mackie isn't impressive, just works hard but lacks technical ability.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Jan 2015 21:17

I think he's a great utility player. Can play left, right, behind the striker and as the striker. Not had a chance to do it all for us yet, but his work rate, passion and possible availability make a big yes for me.

Loyal royal 247

by Loyal royal 247 » 14 Jan 2015 22:40

100% yes

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 14 Jan 2015 22:45

Gilksy
GH Royal
Gilksy Big yes from me.

^
This

Big Tim

by Big Tim » 14 Jan 2015 23:20

He can go back to Forest anytime he wants. I always come away from games complaining about his lack of final ball.

Stuart Pearce is the next manager to be sacked and a new manager who can't buy any new players, due to FFP will want him back.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Jan 2015 00:58

Holloway's giving Pearce a run for his money.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2015 07:13

Royal Ginger I think he's a great utility player. Can play left, right, behind the striker and as the striker. Not had a chance to do it all for us yet, but his work rate, passion and possible availability make a big yes for me.

Yeh, this.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jan 2015 07:45

Big Tim He can go back to Forest anytime he wants. I always come away from games complaining about his lack of final ball.

Surely a new manager would want to use any means to get his own players in and the so called transfer ban has so many loop holes that by releasing a player he doesn't want he may be able to bring in one he doesn't. Plus any fee they can get helps their FFP position.

For us I'd agree we have huge decisions to make in the summer to use the resources we have in the best way possible and Mackie may not be top of our priority list. Much may depend on whether we keep McLeary, and how confident we are he will play 40 games in a season....

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Jan 2015 09:08

If you look at Reading's best signings in our last 15 years or so, they've typically been players who's careers are on an upward trajectory. As hardworking as Mackie is, I think his career is on a downward trajectory (& has been since he broke his leg at QPRahahahahaha), so on that basis

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jan 2015 11:58

Big Foot If you look at Reading's best signings in our last 15 years or so, they've typically been players who's careers are on an upward trajectory.
Jason Roberts' career was on a downwards trajectory