BFTG - Leeds

103 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Leeds

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2015 22:13

In the car, anywayz.

Changing a winning side, strange substitutions, defensive errors, nothing upfront. It's like Nige never left...

Obvs gonna have these off days between now and the end of the season, but really was bad.

Blackman was awful as usual. Slows everything down.

Feds at fault for their first, but he's allowed one after the way he's played over the last couple of months.

Hector at fault for the second, but had no options after a marauding run.

Looked like a blatant red from the East stand, when their man flew through Williams.

We deserved nothing and Leeds did a job on us.

DaddyKuhl

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by DaddyKuhl » 10 Feb 2015 22:21

That was worse than anything I have seen in a long time. If that were Bournemouth and we played anywhere near such a poor standard as that then we would have been torn a new one

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Feb 2015 22:25

one up top against one of the worse sides I`ve seen this season, bloody awful. whoever told Blackman he was a footballer?
SC needs to come out and admit he got it all wrong, really deppressing after the joy of Saturday.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Feb 2015 22:25

A real step backwards. Good first 20 minutes but we went to pieces after they hit the post and never really recovered.

Feds at fault for the first, it bounced in front of him but should be saving those regardless. Don't know what Hector was thinking for the second, he had done well initially but after that he just panicked.

Learn from the mistakes and try to overcome a very difficult Derby team on Saturday.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Feb 2015 22:31

Utter, utter, utter, utter crap.

This one lies at the door of Mr Clarke for changing the team and the formation unnecessarily. Why we have to change at home to cope with a dreadful side like Leeds rather than letting them worry about us is beyond me.

Pavel was the only player I felt played well, the rest were just poor.

It's like Nigel never left.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2015 22:38

Thought they were there for the taking in the first 20. Their defence was all over the place and their #3 looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 10 Feb 2015 22:44

Complete waste of Saturday's points.
Second half disgrace.
After the subs, total hoof ball, no midfield and Mackie beggars belief.
Got to suffer this shite on Sat at Derby where we'll be ripped a new one with that crap line up.
Blackman and Pog are not a Fvcking partnership
oxf*rd angry at the total ineptitude.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Feb 2015 22:48

Oh Stevie...you have everyone on side and then go play a stupidly deep 5 man midfield against one of the league's worst sides?

Hoping it was all a master plan to save HRK and Cox for Saturday..

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Feb 2015 22:51

McCleary had one of his uninterested days and just LOL at Blackman

The 451 left Pog so isolated he had to do everything himself. Win it, hold it, turn, run. every time

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 10 Feb 2015 22:59

Leeds scarcely touched the ball in the first 15 minutes, as we passed it well without really threatening their goal.

Then it set in. Missed passes, poor control, lack of understanding between players, dithering on the ball. Comedy shooting, total absence of movement off the ball. And it got worse and worse from there.

Leeds looked like a side with zero confidence, but a nice evening out at the Mad Sad looked tailor made to sort that out for them. They were poor from the start; after 60 or so minutes we'd proven to be so inept they must have felt like world beaters.

Tempted to say it was the worst home performance of the season. Which hurts all the more because we were starting to look like we'd turned the corner.

(Afterthought: the criticism of Federici for their first is, I feel, bang out of order. By far and away our best player this season. Either he was unsighted or it was just a freak mistake. Even if it was a mistake, that would make it maybe one or two for the season. No other player, maybe in the whole League, can boast that sort of consistency).

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Feb 2015 23:02

Pogrebnyak was magnificent. Williams was pretty good and battled hard - but everyone else was dreadful. Especially Blackman, who is back to his usual, shocking, arrogant, selfish, lazy self.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 10 Feb 2015 23:03

Worse than anything under Adkins

First half OK, I thought we were the better side and they should have been down to 10 men.

Second half absolutely abysmal. Feds at fault for their first and then we fell apart. Win ball. Hoof 40 yards to a Leeds player. Win ball. Misplace 10 yard pass. At least under Adkins we were capable of retaining possession.

And the most worrying similarity between Adkins and Clarke is the one-dimensional way in which we create chances. Even against a team like Leeds we play the same way. Get ball out to wings as quickly as possible. Attempt to cross ball into the box. When it doesn't work you get results like this. No plan B just hoof it to the wings and hope for the best. It doesn't work when you have strikers like Blackman and Mackie playing as wingers. It doesn't work when you have 1 striker on the pitch. It doesn't work when they double up on your wingers. Just play through the middle for a change FFS.

And when it's clear after 20 mins that we're not winning anything in the air against them. STOP. FCUKING. HOOFING. IT.

Players not at fault, shit tactics are.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Feb 2015 23:04

Absolutely mystifying choice of formation. Seriously what was the logic in that?

Far too many players had off days as well eg. McCleary who I rate but was just not bothered at all.

I think the first goal took Fed by surprise. Hit early and not even in the corner but he just couldn't shift his weight back and spring to his right. Error for sure but otherwise he was fine.

Lastly, is Yakubu made of actual jelly? He looked way off the pace.

Summary : shit formation, shit midfield, shit result

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Feb 2015 23:05

PS Pogrebnyak and Williams get a pass from the slating, both worked hard

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Feb 2015 23:06

We lost that the moment he took Norwood off, lost all shape in midfield from that point on.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Feb 2015 23:06

winchester_royal Oh Stevie...you have everyone on side and then go play a stupidly deep 5 man midfield against one of the league's worst sides?

Hoping it was all a master plan to save HRK and Cox for Saturday..

This. Lets be honest he is going to have to rotate for the next month & I'd rather do that against Leeds than Derby. The league means naff all now anyway.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Feb 2015 23:08

I'm going to stick up for Fed here...from where I sat I thought it was a good strike & he did well to get a hand to it. Shouted goal as soon as it left matey's foot.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Feb 2015 23:08

That was chalk and cheese after Wolves, everything we had there has gone. No teamwork, organisation, or threat.

When I saw he'd gone 451, dropped Cox and Hal I feared the worst. To be fair Leeds were better than I expected but I really thought we'd win tonight.

The formation meant he'd settled for 0-0 at half time as we never looked likely to score and never troubled the keeper. The warning signs were there after a Norwood mistake and Leeds hit the post. Second half their team talk was clearly to waste time, wind us up and nick a goal. It worked.

Subbing Pog seemed odd, just to bring on comedy Yak. He did thread through a pass for McCleary that was our best and only real chance.

Blackman was typically selfish and shit. Him, Norwood and Williams seemed incapable of shooting within 30 ft of the goal.

A real let down after the recent progress.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Feb 2015 23:09

Maguire PS Pogrebnyak and Williams get a pass from the slating, both worked hard

This is the Williams that bottled the tackle that led to their first goal :roll:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Feb 2015 23:11

Shocking tactics from start to finish. One of our poorest performances in a few years.

Wooton should have been sent off, horrendous tackle on Williams. Happened right in front of my bit of the West Stand, :| at the referee storming in before absolutely bottling it.

103 posts