BFTG Brighton H

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Brighton H

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2015 14:48

Was he a pensioner or did he have a medical condition?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2015 14:51

was he a small child? or just had a busy weekend and was tired?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2015 14:53

another example of why standing sections are a must.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2015 15:26

agreed

while id prefer to have a stadium full of braying standing yoof and often wonder why some people even bother going to football, you have to say they are entitled to enjoy the game they have paid for in the manner in which they prefer.

safe standing puts the braying standing yoof in one place, and allows the dullards to enjoy the game without having to recieve mouthfuls of abuse from nobheads for daring to ask them to sit down.

dullards are people too you know

download

by download » 11 Mar 2015 15:45

bobby1413 Atmosphere & Support

Didn't want a new thread but wanted to make a point of saying, last night is the reason I go to football. It was much like it used to be, actually supporting the players and team. I know that's been really hard in recent times due to abysmal performances and lack of passion.

However, actually singing about individual players and singing about RFC. The long chant about Mackie was excellent in the second half.

It makes a nice change from constant "why don't you go home... back to your..." and "oxf*rd off brighton... etc..." or other chants with no relevance to the team or players.

What exactly are the words to the Jamie Mackie song ? Are there any other individual songs apart from the Yak (feed the Yak) and Kanu (runs down the wing) ones....

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Mar 2015 15:48

I also can never hear what anyone is singing which doesn't help for adopting new songs, probably why blue army works so well for our fan base. The acoustics are shocking and its only two words.

Sweet Caroline works because EVERYONE knows that song.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2015 15:54

ZacNaloen I also can never hear what anyone is singing which doesn't help for adopting new songs, probably why blue army works so well for our fan base. The acoustics are shocking and its only two words.

Sweet Caroline works because EVERYONE knows that song.

1 line of the chorus only

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Mar 2015 16:03

Hands... touching hands,.. something... touching you!!!!!!!! Sweet Caroline Do doo doo ... something else Goood times never felt sooo gooood

All that is needed.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Mar 2015 16:36

What the hell is it with Sweet Caroline.

At our peak back in the special 106 season it didn't catch on then or at least didn't stick around.

It felt last night that it was so forced. I think I heard it 5 times and didn't really hear many scream out the chorus

If they're aiming for a Sheffield Wednesday or Wolves type of thing they're a long way off.

Was the band last night hired?

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 11 Mar 2015 17:21

download
bobby1413 Atmosphere & Support

Didn't want a new thread but wanted to make a point of saying, last night is the reason I go to football. It was much like it used to be, actually supporting the players and team. I know that's been really hard in recent times due to abysmal performances and lack of passion.

However, actually singing about individual players and singing about RFC. The long chant about Mackie was excellent in the second half.

It makes a nice change from constant "why don't you go home... back to your..." and "oxf*rd off brighton... etc..." or other chants with no relevance to the team or players.

What exactly are the words to the Jamie Mackie song ? Are there any other individual songs apart from the Yak (feed the Yak) and Kanu (runs down the wing) ones....

It seems Jamie Mackie's having a party, bring the vodka and the charlie, we're all invited! :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2015 17:57

bobby1413 What the hell is it with Sweet Caroline.

At our peak back in the special 106 season it didn't catch on then or at least didn't stick around.

It felt last night that it was so forced. I think I heard it 5 times and didn't really hear many scream out the chorus

If they're aiming for a Sheffield Wednesday or Wolves type of thing they're a long way off.

Was the band last night hired?

+1

And it took me 10 minutes to work out what the long running song was. Still not sure I got it all / right... Jamie Mackie's having a party? To anyone not trying really hard who didn't already know it, most of the time it must have just sounded like yurner maher ahna ahrty

I did like 'Nick Blackman is a football genius.' Both supportive and sarcastic. :lol:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Mar 2015 18:11

Ian Royal To anyone not trying really hard who didn't already know it, most of the time it must have just sounded like yurner maher ahna ahrty

You really should upgrade to a DAB radio Ian

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Mar 2015 18:40

Ian Royal's view:

72 bus Yo rulie sfhuodl ugr4deee t DB aRadio Eeun

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2015 19:43

Ian Royal Brighton made us look quite good. Words fail to describe how bad they were. A penalty was their only hope of scoring... nice of us to oblige.

Fed - 7 not much to do
Gunter - 6 likewise but he defends so weakly and i didn't see him make any effort to lift us when they scored.
Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan. *
Cooper 7 won everything in the air
Hector 7 quality
Akpan 7 couple of wayward passes but generally a good game thanks in part to Brighton being mince.
Williams 7 normal Williams
HRK - 6 looks like he's suffering from some minor wasting disease so his muscles are about 15% less efficient than they should be.
McCleary 7 solid game.
Blackman 7 surprisingly good upfront
Mackie 9 Jamie Mackie's having a party.

Pog 7
Nor 7

* or Cooper according to snowball. :shock:
Ref 7 missed plenty, but all stuff he had no hope of seeing.

But at least the ref spotted who conceded the penalty! That really was well done considering how remarkably alike Chalobah and Cooper look. Really sneaky for them to wear the same numbers too!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2015 19:48

ZacNaloen Hands... touching hands,.. something... touching you!!!!!!!! Sweet Caroline Do doo doo ... something else Goood times never felt sooo gooood

All that is needed.

Could easily substitute 'Reading FC' for Sweet Caroline and shouldn't be too difficult to come up with some relevant alternative words for the verse either. Where's Kevin Girdler when we need him?

Ian Royal
bobby1413 Is it just me that struggles at times to recognise the players. From the back row it's difficult picking out HRK, Hector, Blackman, Mccleary, Akpan, Chalobah, Williams.

Mackie was Great, loved that bit in the second half where he sprinted all out to the keeper who was about to kick the ball, then immediately sprinted back to the defender who had just received the pass. It was a bit like what Shunt used to do.

No. Williams has two sweat bands one on each wrist and a lighter skin tone, mcCleary two and darker tone plus quite solid, Akpan one and darker, Chalobah none. Hector's got a paler skin tone and is quite lithe.

Its not prrfect but combined with where they arr on yhe pitch it helps.

Full marks for having the bare-faced cheek/humour? to come up with this after your absolute Cooper/Chalobah clanger earlier in the same thread.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Mar 2015 20:16

Ian Royal Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan.

You are on the wind up now surely?

Jesus Christ.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2015 21:48

Wow. You two are quick.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Mar 2015 21:55

HTH

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Mar 2015 22:48

paultheroyal
Ian Royal Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan.

You are on the wind up now surely?

Jesus Christ.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 12 Mar 2015 07:08

bobby1413 Was the band last night hired?

They've certainly upgraded the drums section and were very polished

At first i thought it a bit over the top but in the end they were almost worth the entrance fee alone and I especially liked the fanfare at the substitutions