Watford (A) match thread sponsored by Taylor and John

184 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Watford (A) match thread sponsored by Taylor and John

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2015 17:15

Jagermesiter1871 Completely agree with royal blue. I planned on going to the Watford game but left it to last minute to buy tickets and as soon as we drew at Bradford I knew it wouldn't be worthwhile. Most would have bought weeks in advance and paying £25odd for an u21 is a complete piss take.

It wasn't an U21 game. 7 of the 11 were senior players and one of the kids has been in or around the starting 11 all season.

And what's wrong with the U21s? It's an exciting advance look at the future. I regret not being ablr to go now i know Stacey & Keown were playing and Nova came off the bench.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 15 Mar 2015 18:31

Can i ask why a goalkeeper , who generally does sod all except having to make a few saves, needs a rest and if he does, he could at least be on the bench.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Mar 2015 18:34

MR. CYNICAL Can i ask why a goalkeeper , who generally does sod all except having to make a few saves, needs a rest and if he does, he could at least be on the bench.

Federici has been carrying an injury

Ribs or shoulder.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 15 Mar 2015 18:45

Bob1871
MR. CYNICAL Which brings me back to my second point.
Why do we never sell out at Watford, our nearest away fixture?

Not sure how good your geography is but Brentford is definelty closer which we sell out for.

Also worth noting that Watford is a real pig to get to. On the train just under 2 hours due to the terribly slow overground line.

I went with a group of 6 and we'd decided to go before the Bradford game as we wanted a day out, none of us were particularly bothered about the weakened team and just enjoyed going away and supporting our team.

My geography is not bad actually, good enough to know that Brentford is about 6 miles closer than Watford,don't think that's enough to make a difference!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2015 19:53

Is everyone still at the game?

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 15 Mar 2015 19:58

MR. CYNICAL
Bob1871
MR. CYNICAL Which brings me back to my second point.
Why do we never sell out at Watford, our nearest away fixture?

Not sure how good your geography is but Brentford is definelty closer which we sell out for.

Also worth noting that Watford is a real pig to get to. On the train just under 2 hours due to the terribly slow overground line.

I went with a group of 6 and we'd decided to go before the Bradford game as we wanted a day out, none of us were particularly bothered about the weakened team and just enjoyed going away and supporting our team.

My geography is not bad actually, good enough to know that Brentford is about 6 miles closer than Watford,don't think that's enough to make a difference!

Watford is also an arse to get to, if you're going via train, it's actually quicker going to Birmingham (more than double the distance) than to get to Watford

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2015 20:03

Pepe the Horseman Is everyone still at the game?

I'm at the Watford Premier Inn with Novakovich, been waiting for you for hours, where are you?

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 15 Mar 2015 20:22

You could always drive there mate, or are you not old enough?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2015 20:27

MR. CYNICAL Can i ask why a goalkeeper , who generally does sod all except having to make a few saves, needs a rest and if he does, he could at least be on the bench.

It allows the keeper to continue drilling with the same defence and means the team to play Monday can be brought in to train on sunday if necessary as theyve had a break on saturday.

And it gives an opportunity to another keeper who's chances are extremely limited.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 15 Mar 2015 21:04

MR. CYNICAL You could always drive there mate, or are you not old enough?

Prefer to have a drink at an away game, or are you not old enough?

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 16 Mar 2015 03:42

I mean I understand why people care about this game generally...but really the 3 points vs Brighton gave us some comfortable clearance so we could rest everyone, even Feds. Who cares that we lost 4-1 with the reserves when we would have probably lost 2-1 with the first team to a hot team that I bet gets promoted???

Colbster

by Colbster » 16 Mar 2015 06:39

Bob1871
Was a bit of a strange atmosphere in the away end really, after seeing the team nobody expected a result and there didn't seem to be much if any negative shouts at individuals!

Except for the grumpy git behind me who had absolutely nothing positive to say. All he did was call the reading players lazy/useless/fat/all of the above cnuts...

Colbster

by Colbster » 16 Mar 2015 06:46

blueroyals I'd rather pay to watch the likes of Stacey, Keown, Cooper than watch Pog, HRK, Blackman lumber about the pitch

+1

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 16 Mar 2015 07:12

Colbster
Bob1871
Was a bit of a strange atmosphere in the away end really, after seeing the team nobody expected a result and there didn't seem to be much if any negative shouts at individuals!

Except for the grumpy git behind me who had absolutely nothing positive to say. All he did was call the reading players lazy/useless/fat/all of the above cnuts...

He was sat near us and getting quite irrationally angry! he didn't return for the second half!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 16 Mar 2015 07:16

Colbster
Bob1871

Probably Martin Keown :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2015 07:24

Royality creeps In
Colbster
Bob1871

Probably Martin Keown :wink:

Was he talking about the time he played at Wembley with an incredibly handsome stranger, who scored a hat-trick? If so, it probably was Martin Keown.

Colbster

by Colbster » 16 Mar 2015 07:45

Bob1871
Colbster
Bob1871

He was sat near us and getting quite irrationally angry! he didn't return for the second half!

There must have been more Than two as the one near me stayed there for the whole match. Don't mind the f word or other swearing at matches around kids cos it is a football match and my two young boys know not to repeat it (except for the odd occasion when I caught them singing the pog song) but the c bomb was a bit unnecessary every few minutes.

Colbster

by Colbster » 16 Mar 2015 07:47

I actually enjoyed the game. Thought Stacey had a great game apart from his final ball in. Defenders didn't seem to want to commit to a challenge. Cox was falling over far too easy in the first half. Oh and they all need to learn how to clear a ball up the pitch not just up in the air...

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 16 Mar 2015 10:35

I'd say it was more to minimise the risk of any injury. us 'keepers are known for putting our bodies in harms way from time to time!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Mar 2015 10:48

lewesroyal

I'd say it was more to minimise the risk of any injury. us 'keepers are known for putting our bodies in harms way from time to time!

and Feds was hurt in both of the last two games

184 posts