BFTG - Brum

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Brum

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Apr 2015 22:34

Just YAWN.

That is all

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Brum

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Apr 2015 22:38

In all honesty, I thought we were quite tidy up until the ruinous subs, but just what is it with our shooting?

Is it that they just don't know when to shoot or are they just not good enough to get into a good enough position to shoot properly?

Until the changes I was mightily impressed with the distribution from Cooper and Hector's mazy runs.

Bored of this season now

Oh and the crossing and corners were marginally less sh*t today. Still never found a Reading player, but they're getting closer....

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 22 Apr 2015 23:00

Under different circumstances the game tonight might have been seen as a decent performance, albeit the final third is still a desert of quality. Some good football at times, interspersed with some frustration too, but overall one of our better performances of the last couple of months. Poor final ball, rubbish crossing and poor decision making in and around the box meant that we didn't capitalise on our possession and good build up play. The sucker punch looked increasingly likely as the game went on. Credit to Clarke for giving so many youngsters pitch time tonight, even through he admitted in the post match interview that the substitutions disrupted the team and he maybe could have given Mackie and McCleary a little longer.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 22 Apr 2015 23:13

What was the point of the loan players playing, how does that benefit the club at all now, ahead of giving our younger players more opportunity?

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 22 Apr 2015 23:15

Such an unbelievably dispiriting result. How we contrived to lose against that shower I do not know. That said, for all our possession and clever passing, if you don't shoot, you're not going to score....

I didn't really get a good view of the goal but it seemed a bit soft and was completely against the run of play. Goal aside, there were some good tidy performances but little real penetration in the final third. Special mentions though for Feds (who made his usual two or three good saves), Cooper (my MOTM) and Stacey (promising cameo).

After the high of Saturday, the end of the season now really can't come soon enough.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Apr 2015 23:15

i must be in the minority then - thought that was an excellent showing. Chalobah MOTM for me & I thought Cooper did very well. Ake was again a real terrier in the midfield.

As per usual we are toothless when it matters but they gave it everything tonight.

We are sh1t out of luck this season - nothing is running for us. One can only assume we are due a fcuking large slice next season.

The tempo & accuracy of the passing really was excellent.

Jano

by Jano » 22 Apr 2015 23:21

Pantaloons.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 22 Apr 2015 23:22

Would like to have seen Cox get a run out but it seems Clarke is not a fan.... 4-4-2 with mackie and cox up front would have done it for me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2015 23:22

MmmMonsterMunch i must be in the minority then - thought that was an excellent showing. Chalobah MOTM for me & I thought Cooper did very well. Ake was again a real terrier in the midfield.

As per usual we are toothless when it matters but they gave it everything tonight.

We are sh1t out of luck this season - nothing is running for us. One can only assume we are due a fcuking large slice next season.

The tempo & accuracy of the passing really was excellent.

You make your own luck by shooting when you get the chance, not wanting to take another two touches before you lose the sodding ball. Clarke stated that himself tonight - shame he won't drop the idiots who won't listen to him.

Schmeichel the dog Would like to have seen Cox get a run out but it seems Clarke is not a fan.... 4-4-2 with mackie and cox up front would have done it for me.

Looks like a manager who may have his favourites and his hates regardless of form. If he is, he will not be successful and will not last.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Apr 2015 23:23

Schmeichel the dog Would like to have seen Cox get a run out but it seems Clarke is not a fan.... 4-4-2 with mackie and cox up front would have done it for me.

There was talk of a bust up on BBCRB tonight - rumours that Cox didn't turn up for training or something,

Jano

by Jano » 22 Apr 2015 23:31

Just seen Ake's gone back to Chelsea after his loan finished. What exactly was the point of that!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Apr 2015 23:31

How is Obita still in the side? Awful, never beats a man himself or with his crossing. Worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Plus why were we playing with two holding midfielders against Birmingham? Ridiculous. The problem all too often was there was no link between defence and attack, somebody would pick the ball up ping a pass or run, but six or seven of our players would still be on the edge of the box.

Thought Blackman looked alright and at the very least got the ball into the box a couple of times. Chalobah wasn't bad. Ake looked fine but didn't actually do much. Hector was, again, the best player on the pitch.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Apr 2015 23:41

kwik-silva How is Obita still in the side? Awful, never beats a man himself or with his crossing. Worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Plus why were we playing with two holding midfielders against Birmingham? Ridiculous. The problem all too often was there was no link between defence and attack, somebody would pick the ball up ping a pass or run, but six or seven of our players would still be on the edge of the box.

Thought Blackman looked alright and at the very least got the ball into the box a couple of times. Chalobah wasn't bad. Ake looked fine but didn't actually do much. Hector was, again, the best player on the pitch.

Beginning to agree on obita. Seems to escape a lot of criticism but he has had a poor season.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Apr 2015 23:46

Normal service resumed , load of crap, where were all the other 16000 there Saturday ?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Apr 2015 23:47

Obita put in the best cross of the match. Shame none of his team mates could be bothered to get in the box and take a gamble.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Apr 2015 23:48

Some of these posts crack me up. People were crying out to see some new blood tonight given we're safe. He does it & then gets a load of grief. Stacey didn't mark well for the corner & they scored. These things happen.

We played really quite well. Some fresh faces in, clear some deadwood out & no reason why we can't compete next season. No reason at all.

Please get Chalobah on a season long loan if you can Clarke. He was excellent again tonight.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Apr 2015 23:52

Feds - 2 or 3 great saves. Very good reception after Saturday. 8
Gunter - Typical Gunter, good between both boxes but not effective enough when he attacked. 6
Hector - Improving game by game. 7
Cooper - Dealt well with whatever was thrown at him, couple of really nice long range passes. 7
Obita - Did well enough, not troubled defensively. 6
McCleary - Not the same player as he was at the end of last season. One good shot in the first half which tested Randolph but apart from that wasn't good enough as a creative source. 6
Chalobah - Sloppy both in possession and passing in the first half. Improved as the game went on. 6
Ake - Tidied up play well and hardly put a foot wrong. Actually had the bravery to try and shoot, an alien concept to his team mates. 8 MotM
Karacan - Lots of side ways movement but missing his usual verve. Wondering if it might sadly be the end of his career here. 5
Blackman- Never really been one of those who hates the guy for breathing but had enough of him now. Not good enough, you were born with two feet for a reason Nick and believe it or not you are allowed to use both of them. 5
Mackie - Not really in the game tonight. 6

Subs:
Stacey - Lots of energy, looks to have bulked up since last season and looked comfortable enough at this level. 7
Novakovich - First time I've seen him. Did ok without really threatening. 6
Appiah - Clarke said he needs to give him game time to assess him, the result of the assessment should begin with S and end with hit.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Apr 2015 23:52

MmmMonsterMunch Some of these posts crack me up. People were crying out to see some new blood tonight given we're safe. He does it & then gets a load of grief. Stacey didn't mark well for the corner & they scored. These things happen.

We played really quite well. Some fresh faces in, clear some deadwood out & no reason why we can't compete next season. No reason at all.

Please get Chalobah on a season long loan if you can Clarke. He was excellent again tonight.

What new blood was there actually? Two substitutes and Cooper?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Apr 2015 23:55

kwik-silva
MmmMonsterMunch Some of these posts crack me up. People were crying out to see some new blood tonight given we're safe. He does it & then gets a load of grief. Stacey didn't mark well for the corner & they scored. These things happen.

What new blood was there actually? Two substitutes?

Cooper started & then Andrea Novo..... & Stacey came on. Stacey looked alright actually & Cooper won a decent amount of headers.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Apr 2015 23:55

sandman Obita put in the best cross of the match. Shame none of his team mates could be bothered to get in the box and take a gamble.

And so he should've done, he had enough chances, but one cross from the ridiculous amount of opportunities he had isn't good enough.