Did anyone stay for the lap of appreciation?

Did you stay for the lap of appreciation

No
61%
Yes
39%

Total votes: 75
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Did anyone stay for the lap of appreciation?

by Forbury Lion » 27 Apr 2015 11:13

I left at the final whistle, I don't feel the players deserved any appreciation and I didn't want any from them. I decided I would rather sit on a bus for 15 minutes waiting to depart, which also annoyed me as the buses were packed and had to wait for the one or two who took up the offer to stay and applaud the fans (most of them were lucky to flag down their buses as they left the ground and get them to open the doors), plus the car park barriers were unmanned so the cars were making the most of the opportunity to leave early.

So, did anyone on here stay? Was there another pointless pitch invasion? Were the players going though the motions? Did the Pog wave to the fans as if it was his last season at the club?

Personally, I feel it was an ill thought out move to have what could be seen as a victory parade after one of our worse seasons in recent years, The players did perform well in the cup and got a well deserved cup send off at Wembley after the final whistle but their league performance (not just results) have been terrible.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Did anyone stay for the lap of appreciation?

by Royal Lady » 27 Apr 2015 11:21

Certainly didn't seem like many stayed so that should tell the players and the club all they needed to know - bloody awful season - sort it aht!!!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Apr 2015 11:22

I believe Ian Royal stayed behind to receive a bit of appreciation.
Beggars can't be choosers, as they say...
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 27 Apr 2015 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 27 Apr 2015 11:24

Terrible game, didn't stay for the lap of appreciation. Left at the final whistle, didn't boo, clapped the players on my way out but I didn't feel appreciated after that performance and the players didn't deserve anymore appreciation than they've had thus far.

Despite their performances not being good enough and our current run of form being the worst in the league the fans have backed them every game, and this weekend was the first time I could hear some boos from the crowd at the end of the game.

They gave us a fantastic performance at Wembley and were praised and thanked by the fans for it. But their league performances have just seemed lacklustre and to be honest the last few home games were very deflating.

Roll on next season and a summer of changes.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Apr 2015 11:27

While I understand why people left, you seem to be misunderstanding what the lap of appreciation represents, it's primarily not for us to applaud the players for a good season, but for the players to thank us for our support. In reality it does turn out more to be a bit of both, I stayed behind and it was pretty much your standard thing, yes this season has been more bad than good but I felt there was at least a handful of players who deserved recognition, even if the bulk did not.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 27 Apr 2015 11:31

After watching 90 minutes of unmitigated poo, and feeling a distinct lack of appreciation for the team's efforts this season, no I didn't. However, I did though feel for Federici....receiving his PotS award in what, judging by the publicity pictures, looked like a virtually empty stadium. He was one of the few players who deserved some sort of recognition for his season.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Apr 2015 11:34

tidus_mi2 While I understand why people left, you seem to be misunderstanding what the lap of appreciation represents, it's primarily not for us to applaud the players for a good season, but for the players to thank us for our support. In reality it does turn out more to be a bit of both, I stayed behind and it was pretty much your standard thing, yes this season has been more bad than good but I felt there was at least a handful of players who deserved recognition, even if the bulk did not.

The players are damned lucky we're so laid back compared to a lot of other teams' supporters. If Clarke and HRK didn't realise the extent to which fans don't rate HRK they'll be left in no doubt after the cheers at his substitution (not that I cheered mind you)

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2015 11:34

I know someone who did - then missed the bus as the players were late coming back out and the buses left half empty. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Apr 2015 11:36

POTS has always been announced before the game in the past - I suspect the club knew a lot wouldn't bother to stay after final whistle and hoped that presentation would improve the numbers - it didn't.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Apr 2015 12:20

Stayed for PotS and left before the lap.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 27 Apr 2015 12:22

sandman Stayed for PotS and left before the lap.

What's your (or any one else's guess at how many stayed behind?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2015 12:30

Actually a pretty decent number stayed, and made a good amount of noise. No booing, no nastiness. Plenty of appreciation for Feds and Mackie.
Can't blame those who didn't stay and understand the reasons.
Didn't think the POTS being given after the game was a good move.
Shame the positive support shown at Wembley lasted no longer than a week though.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 27 Apr 2015 12:41

I stayed for it all. The East was probably half full for the lap, the North and West maybe a quarter full each. Add in a couple of Brentford fans who had to be asked to leave by the stewards at the end as well!

Maybe about 8k at a guess overall.

Mackie clearly appreciated his "we want you to stay" chant too. I think we'll see him again next season. Feds was also obviously grateful for his support in the last week.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Apr 2015 12:46

I did tell my nephew to shut up when he joined in with the booing at the end of the match, but that was more because he was just doing it because a lot of other people were doing it being 6 and all.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Apr 2015 12:49

I stayed - but only cos i was up in the 1871 bar....so watched with a pint in my hand, made it bearable

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 27 Apr 2015 12:54

No great surpise but it looked to me like Feds (walking separately from his team mates) was waving goodbye.* Deserved a clap for his years of sterling service. It will be an odd feeling to have someone new in goal next season.

(* Hope I'm wrong)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Apr 2015 13:01

ladida_gunner_graham
sandman Stayed for PotS and left before the lap.

What's your (or any one else's guess at how many stayed behind?

Less than 5,000 I'd say.

I stayed because some of the players deserved it even if most didn't.

Mackie and to a lesser extent possibly Fed and Jem were asked to come back next season by those who remained. Mackie gave thumbs up, but that could mean anything.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2015 13:03

Did you stay because you have no social life other than Reading fc?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 27 Apr 2015 13:04

Nope. I didn't need their appreciation having renewed before the match, and they didn't warrant mine. In fact, I left with 11 minutes left on the clock after Cox spaffed his one-on-one. I was hungry and wanted to fill my belly with sausage and chips from Deep Blue without the hassle of a queue. I got my wish...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Apr 2015 13:05

No Fixed Abode Did you stay because you have no social life other than Reading fc?

I explained why i stayed Kes. Maybe your mum will read it to you again as a bedtime story if you ask nicely.