Likely line up for first day next season?

Johann

Re: Likely line up for first day next season?

by Johann » 29 Apr 2015 20:54

Hal Robson Kanu

HRK HRK HRK HRK

KANU KANU KANU KANU

ROBBO POG

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 29 Apr 2015 21:30

Gk: ?
Rb: Gunter
Cb: Hector
Cb: ?
Lb: ?
Rw: Mcleary
Cm: Karacan
Cm: Williams
Lw: Obita
St: ?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Apr 2015 21:39

Andersen
Gunter
Cooper
Pearce
Griffin
Stacey
Kuhl
Tshibola
Obita
Tanner
Samuel

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 29 Apr 2015 22:12

Dave-Royal
Royal_jimmy Mine is probably unrealistic, but I will go for:

-------------------------Federici--------------------
---------Pearce------ Hector------Cooper-----
Gunter-----------------------------------------------Obita
-----Mackie------------Norwood----------HRK----------
---------------------Bamford-----Samuels-------------

Bench: Andersen, Sweeney, Tshibola, Kuhl, Blackman, Cox, Pogrebnyak
wont be that

Dave-Royal, can you be new manager of Reading FC...you can spot good player and have better tactics then Clarke..

I think you should make phonecall to Reading FC and speak to owners...tell them Dave-Royal biggest fan for over 30years you can turn club around and win Premiership...You have the backing of everyone on the Team Board of HNA... :lol:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 29 Apr 2015 23:01

Sorry, but seeing the amount of selections that include Chris (Reading has been in a downward spiral since I joined) Gunter - gives enough justification in not renewing the old ST. Yep, I know he has a new contract, but surely that's just a ruse too get some mugs to come in with some dosh to get rid. Please? Pretty please?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 30 Apr 2015 00:34

GK ??
LB ??
RB ??
CB ??
CB ??
LM ??
CM ??
CM ??
RM Cristiano Ronaldo
CF ??
CF Hal Robson-Andjerome

Some serious rebuilding to be done.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 30 Apr 2015 07:59

Gk: ?
Rb: Gunter
Cb: Hector
Cb: ?
Lb: ?
Rw: Stacey
Cm: Karacan
Cm: Williams
Lw: HRK
St: Pog

I would not be at all surprised if with the right offer both McCleary and Obita were to go.

Sadly HRK will start as Clarke loves him and he is on contract - and no one in their right mind would buy him currently. Same with Pog

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 Apr 2015 09:01

Good idea for a thread this. We can all look back and see how wrong we were when the season starts with an inspiring selection of big-money signings and youngsters raring to go.

Anderson

Gunter
Ake
Cooper
Hector

Karajan
Williams
Stacey
McCleary

Mackie
Maynard

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Apr 2015 09:13

Andersen

Gunter
Hector
Bruno
Obita

Williams
Karacan
Tshibola

McCleary
Pog
Vibe

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 30 Apr 2015 09:41

What I'd like:

.................Federici........................
......Gunter; Cooper, Hector, Ake.....
McCleary, Williams, Karacan, Stacey
.............Mackie, Solanke...............

Subs: Andersen, Keown, McClean, Kuhl, Norwood, Tshibola, Novakovich/Samuel

Realistically:

...................Federici..................
......Gunter, Pearce, Hector, Obita.....
McCleary, Tshibola, Norwood, HRK
............Cox, Pog...............

Subs: Andersen, Keown, Long, Kuhl, Akpan, Blackman, Novakovich

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 30 Apr 2015 10:37

leww_rfc What I'd like:

.................Federici........................
......Gunter; Cooper, Hector, Ake.....
McCleary, Williams, Karacan, Stacey
.............Mackie, Solanke...............

Subs: Andersen, Keown, McClean, Kuhl, Norwood, Tshibola, Novakovich/Samuel

Realistically:

...................Federici..................
......Gunter, Pearce, Hector, Obita.....
McCleary, Tshibola, Norwood, HRK
............Cox, Pog...............

Subs: Andersen, Keown, Long, Kuhl, Akpan, Blackman, Novakovich

If it is your second "more realistic" team then our planned summer clear out/re build will, a bit like the manager's current performance, have been an absolute shambles and we would be nailed on for relegation

But sadly you may just be right.........

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 30 Apr 2015 11:00

Dave-Royal Feds, Pearce, Karacan I don't think they be here in August start of the new season !!

I agree - as much as the three are loyal Reading, there was a certain amount of messing around with Pearce's contract a while ago and I suspect the club will offer contracts below the players' expectations.

Hopefully the season will start with a reasonable balance of experience and youth that play to a suitable Championship style to make a real move up the table.

Certainly need a strong middle spine, so hope a centre back, centre midfield and centre forward position are better resourced than currently. Be good to be in a position whereby the same eleven start two or more matches.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Apr 2015 11:45

I do agree with the point that Jem, Pearce and Feds may not accept their contracts but I believe they'll remain on the table, so the question would remain, will other clubs go for them? Feds is most likely of the 3, solid keeper but hopefully they only scouted the Arsenal game and are turned off by his clanger!

Pearce has plenty of Championship experience and a bit of Premier League experience but anyone who watches him will know he's a very much, "just get rid of it" sort of player, it's not necessarily a bad thing, Hector for example has a tendency to occasionally play himself into trouble but with Pearce, it doesn't aid in retaining possession.

Karacan should be the easiest to retain I feel, he has barely played in 2 years, without any affiliation to the player who will take a punt on him? Injuries can have a major impact on a player's ability so I don't think he'll have many clubs chasing him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Apr 2015 12:40

-------------Federici-------------
Gunter-Hector-Cooper-Obita
---Williams--Kuhl--Norwood---
McCleary----------------(dunno)
------------(someone)------------
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 30 Apr 2015 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

biff

by biff » 30 Apr 2015 12:42

Pearce holds this team back more than any other player IMO. To be a focal point of our play, but to be so poor with the ball on the floor is shameful. Ive never seen him pick a pass that cuts out a player, never seen him pick a pass thats ahead of a winger to run onto. Its like watching an animal with a broken limb, you just want it to be put out of its misery.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 30 Apr 2015 12:43

tidus_mi2 I do agree with the point that Jem, Pearce and Feds may not accept their contracts but I believe they'll remain on the table, so the question would remain, will other clubs go for them? Feds is most likely of the 3, solid keeper but hopefully they only scouted the Arsenal game and are turned off by his clanger!

Pearce has plenty of Championship experience and a bit of Premier League experience but anyone who watches him will know he's a very much, "just get rid of it" sort of player, it's not necessarily a bad thing, Hector for example has a tendency to occasionally play himself into trouble but with Pearce, it doesn't aid in retaining possession.

Karacan should be the easiest to retain I feel, he has barely played in 2 years, without any affiliation to the player who will take a punt on him? Injuries can have a major impact on a player's ability so I don't think he'll have many clubs chasing him.

Bit like Ferdinand then,

Oh

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Apr 2015 12:48

biff Pearce holds this team back more than any other player IMO. To be a focal point of our play, but to be so poor with the ball on the floor is shameful. Ive never seen him pick a pass that cuts out a player, never seen him pick a pass thats ahead of a winger to run onto. Its like watching an animal with a broken limb, you just want it to be put out of its misery.

I've seen him do both those things, particularly remember a through ball which split Bristol City's centre backs and sent Long through on goal. Plus he's neither "a focal point of our play" nor "holding us back" - he's been a member of five or six sides which finished above this one.

It's not really your role as a centre back to be playing those passes every week. Hector doesn't do it, Zurab didn't do it, even Bikey didn't do it.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 30 Apr 2015 13:11

I'd only keep Feds not the other 2 as they are replaceable. But losing Feds will be like losing 10 points next season.

I would seriously try and offload/ get rid of/not re sign Pearce, Karacan, Obita, McCleary, HRK. Pog and Blackman. Use the money to pay Feds, Mackie and 2 strikers. Play some of the U21's, get 2 seriously good loans in and Properly re build not tinker around the edges.

Heaven only knows at this point what the line up for the first day will be

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 30 Apr 2015 13:32

I suspect the only players who might leave Reading FC are those who are out of contract, no other club is likely to be interested in the remaining bunch as none are proven goal scorers or makers, some promising players need at least another season to mature and stop making basic mistakes. The club has given contracts to players who were thought likely to develop more but sadly for the club and them have not.

Lets hope there is someone who wishes to repatriate a big centre forward and another who does find the net for their country. Otherwise the room for change could be restricted until summer 2016.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Apr 2015 13:39

Pearce is no doubt on 'real' money; so unless he takes a pay cut he's gone.

I expect they will offer Feds a fair deal, will just be a case of whether he thinks he can do better.

Karacan . . . . I suppose it's better to have him than not but I really can't see us using up precious wage budget on him.

I heard on the radio the other day Clarke say that he hasn't even thought about summer transfers yet. I seriously hope that he's just being coy . . . . .