Federici - a tribute

No Fixed Abode

Re: Federici - a tribute

by No Fixed Abode » 28 May 2015 15:32

Not going to Federici's car parking space RL?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 May 2015 15:47

floyd__streete http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2014-15-analysis-opinion/2015/5/28/8676495/opinion-why-im-glad-fumblerici-is-no-longer-our-problem-reading-fc-afc-bournemouth

:lol: bit harsh but some elements of truth here.

Thought it was a rather well restrained rant actually - could've mentioned so much more gr8 m8 :mrgreen:

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 28 May 2015 16:41

Harsh but rightly sums up the reality of the modern footballer.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 May 2015 18:20

Bottom line I would imagine is Bmuff can offer to keep him in the wages he has grown accustomed to, whereas if he stayed here I am guessing his new contract offer was a reduction on his current salary.

Easy to dress up with the "I want to play in the Premier greed league again" line but he is not going to get first team football unless the holy goalie gets injured or drops several clangers.

Thanks for your efforts Feds and best of luck. Loyalty is only for the fans in modern football.

His reaction at Wembley is even more understandable now as he probably had everything agreed by then and knew that was his RFC swan song.

If we draw Bmuff in a cup competition, I am sure he will have a blinder against us!

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 28 May 2015 18:32

Always a bad thing when your Player Of The Season leaves, seems like a lot of the knobbers on here didn't vote for him but I did. Good luck Adam and thanks for the 10 years you shared with us.
Can't really knock anyone for leaving for a premiership club, and how many on here would take a cut in wages when there were better deals on offer.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 28 May 2015 18:39

Whilst it's sad to see a pro that has been at the club for ten years go. I do feel that he's quite an average keeper that has a bigger reputation than he has quality.

Yes Feds could make some blinding saves, make some good saves seem world class, on the other hand he had no control of his area from crosses and struggles with shots that are straight at him.

On the wages he would be on, we can invest that money elsewhere in the squad and sign a good championship keeper.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 May 2015 18:46

Federici leaving saves us £1.5m per annum in salary alone, then there's the cost of employment such as NI etc - tidy result to get him off the books. Should mean that we don't have to cash in on someone promising like Hector this season, which is a touch!!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2015 19:13

John Smith
From Despair To Where? I'd say his first 2 games for the club tell the story of his whole Reading career. Earned us a replay at Old Trafford, culpable in throwing away the game inside 5 minutes in the replay.

A decent Championship keeper. I wish him well but I fear he'll be given ample opportunity to show how good he is next season.

I'm not too sure about that - they've signed Boruc on a permanent who was no. 1 last season. I think Howe might opt for continuity to begin with....

I meant more in the sense that any game time he does get, I reckon he'll be pretty busy. Don't get me wrong, Bournemouth deserved to win the league but I think they will struggle.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 May 2015 19:37

\\we'll see what happens. Sincerely hope that people are still happy in May 2016.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 28 May 2015 20:13

Y21 Can't quite get my head around the largely negative posts on here. Without him we would have been relegated this season. And overall has earned us more points than he's cost us by quite some margin.

All keepers make mistakes, and the mistakes are always memorable because they invariably end up as goals. If we can replace Feds with a goalie that is close to as good as Feds is, then we will have done well.

Pretty much this. POTS this season, in top 3 in 2012, at his best he's a fantastic keeper at Championship level. Feel he's got something to prove in the Prem but hope he gets a chance there as would like him to stay in the Australia squad now he's got his place back.

And for those bitching about him going, he deserved better than where we're likely to finish next season, no better than mid-table. With Bibbo going on top of that it seems a natural end to his time here, tbh I would have been a bit shocked if he'd stayed. Take away his length of time here and it seemed a pretty easy decision to make. I doubt too that we offered him 3 years either.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 28 May 2015 21:10

Fed's current move onwards aside, I can never really get my head around the over-territorial aspect of a fan's perspective about a player at a club. Irrespective of the length of an individual's tenure at a club, surely it's about their attitude and aspect of human warmth (or not) while they are in that establishment's employ that makes some kind of sense.

Professional football is a mercenary's game, it's as simple as that. As many have said, 'loyalty' is for fans. And in terms of a great majority of players, mercenary not necessarily in a grabbing way, but in making one's progress and wealth (and especially if you have a family) - future in life itself.

I am a fully signed-up despiser of 'modern' football, however, Adam decided to spend a decade of his career at Reading FC (for whatever reasons) in terms of what appeared to be quite dedicated (for most of the time at least) application to his own position and that of the team.

I think it slightly churlish to be sending him on with less than complimentary soundings in his ear. Yes, he's a 'near post nightmare'; yes, he looks over-extended on the 'full-stretch dive'. However, he's also declared his gratitude to the club and its fans and it would be grand to wish him well in his new venture with no bad feelings on either side.

Good luck Feds at your new Boscombe-based home. Give it a good shot in the rancid Hairband League. Grab some cash and then you can slip back to Oz with some personal pride and some kind of sense of achievement and enjoy the quirks of home.

You are affectionately remembered here by some, if not all (this being the nature of human appreciation in most fields and realms, yaddah yaddah yaddah, yeah?)

Cheers.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 May 2015 21:14

At last.

and

A shame that another tribute thread had been misused

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 28 May 2015 21:36

Cheers lad. Good on ya!
Thanks for your time here. Overall a good effort and a loyal Royal for 10 years. You were patient behind big Marcus and then again after being ousted by AMac for a season under Nadkins. You kept your head and stayed put and proved your worth. You get another shot at the big time as a reward.
Enjoy Bmuff.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 May 2015 10:15

One for the hobnob oldies

He invented the wheel
Invented the wheel
Adam Federici
Invented the wheel

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 30 May 2015 19:13

floyd__streete http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2014-15-analysis-opinion/2015/5/28/8676495/opinion-why-im-glad-fumblerici-is-no-longer-our-problem-reading-fc-afc-bournemouth

:lol: bit harsh but some elements of truth here.

From the awful pun to not mentioning that Federici was quite clearly injured against Peterborough, Im not sure about this piece. Am I right in thinking that the author isnt a fan of footballers saying anything but kudos on Twitter? Of course the whole should he play/ shouldnt he play of Federici's rib injury involved McDermott as well - not his greatest bit of player handling.

elrey

by elrey » 31 May 2015 02:53

Probably didn't want another season of playing in goal for a rubbish team getting hammered and looking at relegation in May 2016. Instead he gets to watch this from the bench. Bournemouth need to be buying better players if they want to stay up.