BFTG - Leeds

144 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by Man Friday » 17 Aug 2015 08:39

loyalroyaldaz For the miserable, moaning dinosaurs of this thread.
Have you ever pulled your heads out of your arses to consider the fact that maybe just maybe people like you and the negativity you have might have something to do with the very thing you complain about ?
There is a history at the Mad Stad of players geting booed and abused if they try something and it doesnt come off.
Show a bit of flair and fail and you will be hammered by the East Stand Mongtards.

If you're going to use language derogatory to disabled people, such as people with Down's Syndrome, why not use racist and homophobic language as well? Or are you just slow to catch up with acceptable language?

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 17 Aug 2015 08:49

I now sit in the West Stand after being in the East since the ground opened, and the only difference was that I saw Lady Sasima from the front during her rambling before the game, and I also felt the heat from the Carabao face-melters.

Desperately average game, in which no one stood out for us.

It's the same old story up front- Sa looks OK and fairly mobile, but has to resort to trying to win free kicks and hold the ball up for far too long because he has no support and there's no one creating chances for him. Sound familiar, anyone?

We posed nothing going forward, and then set-pieces seemed to be floated in without any urgency to attack the ball. They were also put into areas where you have to either head it very hard to score, or flick it on to runners. There were no runners to flick it on to, and no pace on the all to guide it to goal.

We had some nice interplay but, as has been said before, we are lacking in width terribly. Stacey must not have been ready to play, and G Mac is a way away yet, but in time that will come. I think Fosu will be in the squad most weeks, and if he does well they will look to bring him on for 15-20 minutes at a time to have a go at a tiring full back. We're certainly not looking good enough to have two wide forward supporting Sa/Pav, so we can play through teams.

I thought Gunter and Obita did OK, Williams was as industrious as ever, and Norwood did well despite not getting enough of the ball to dictate play from deep. Hal looked as cumbersome and indecisive as ever, and I was right near the Bamba challenge in the first minute. I've only seen it once, but my initial instinct was that he could have stayed on his feet and taken the ball on for a shot. He may have been genuinely chopped, though, in which case fair enough. Quinn looked OK in the middle, whilst Blackman was never in the game.

Ferdinand and McShane were solid enough, but a better team would have punished them. Hector certainly needs to be in there for me, probably at the expense of Ferdinand. I have no issues with him coming into the team when required, as I think he will do a good job, but he and McShane are too similar and need someone more mobile to play alongside them.

I don't think either of us will be pushing the top six on that showing, but it's a long season.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 17 Aug 2015 09:24

Winston Smith Its been a close run thing for a few years but I think the shambolic shenanigans that go on around the game have now become the main event and the actual match is considered secondary by the club.

I picture a brain storming session in a board room at the club with Microphone 'Tard, Kingsley Royal, Queensley Royal (RIP), Keith Harris & Orvil, Jamie Hinton and Mr Blobby sat around a long table.

Hinton : 'right guys that was brilliant! Next week what about getting a space rocket to take off pre match from the pitch? Or maybe a full Puss in Boots pantomime at Half Time?

Kingsley : 'yeah great idea'

Keith Harris : 'agreed'

Mr Blobby : 'blobby blobby'

Jamie Hinton : 'microphone 'Tard what do you think?.....microphone 'tard?

Camera pans to Microphone 'Tard who is looking into the wrong end of a pair of binoculars

Jamie Hinton : 'right, I am off to tell the boss that is what we want for next week!'

Hinton gets up from his seat, opens a door and walks out only to find he has walked into a stationary cupboard

rofl

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 17 Aug 2015 09:32

SCIAG
notloyalenuffroyal
Red card or not? Tough call, but laws of the game.......?

Well, the laws of the game make it clear that most decisions are "in the opinion of the referee". This is one where he'd have been right either way, but he probably made the better decision.

HRK was quite wide and moving away from goal, so it's hard to call it an obvious goal scoring opportunity. No red.

Plus, even if Hal Robson-Kanu was completely clean through and heading straight towards goal, it could never be construed as a 'goalscoring opportunity'.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Aug 2015 09:37

Croydon Royal
SCIAG
notloyalenuffroyal
Red card or not? Tough call, but laws of the game.......?

Well, the laws of the game make it clear that most decisions are "in the opinion of the referee". This is one where he'd have been right either way, but he probably made the better decision.

HRK was quite wide and moving away from goal, so it's hard to call it an obvious goal scoring opportunity. No red.

Plus, even if Hal Robson-Kanu was completely clean through and heading straight towards goal, it could never be construed as a 'goalscoring opportunity'.

He could be 5 feet from an open net and it still wouldn't be a goal scoring opportunity for him ...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Aug 2015 09:40

I liked the taste of Carabao.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Aug 2015 09:45

RG7Fan
Croydon Royal

He could be 5 feet from an open net and it still wouldn't be a goal scoring opportunity for him ...

Actually I think he had a half decent game. I enjoyed the first half more than the second - with about 30 mins to go it just felt like a draw. Sa looked a lot better than he did 2 weeks ago. Williams is great at the cross field running but needs to learn to pass. I thought the back 4 looked a little shaky at times - but given half of them are new that's probably no surprise. Also Bond worried me a few times.

Not sure about all the fire stuff before the game, etc. - it felt a bit like being at an American Football game, and for crying out loud, if you're going to get some poor sod to try and score 3 goals in 'Strike it Lucky' don't put him in front of the away end!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2015 09:46

In defense to HRK he made an impressive 50 yard lung buster to get back to cover an out of place Obita and make a crucial tackle. Not seen him move like that in couple of years.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Aug 2015 09:51

"Williams is great at the cross field running but needs to learn to pass"

Typical HNA remark.

:shock: :roll:

HTH

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Aug 2015 09:56

Oh yeah, and someone needs to tell Norwood he's not David Beckham.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 17 Aug 2015 10:05

Gordons Cumming "Williams is great at the cross field running but needs to learn to pass"

Typical HNA remark.

HTH

Wouldn't say he needs to learn to pass, but he doesn't quite have the technical ability to effectively play that attacking midfield/creative role. He was in on goal in the second half but took a heavy touch and allowed a Leeds defender to boot clear. A couple of times he was found wide right in space and couldn't quite make something happen.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Aug 2015 10:06

As per the last 2-3 years, went to the game fully expected to be bored and wasn't disappointed.

I can count on one hand the number of games in the last couple of years that I've actually enjoyed and, on the evidence of yesterday, that number isn't going to be added to much this season.

In Clarke's time here, he has proven incapable of getting a decent performance out of a set of players who, on paper, look more than good enough to prosper in this division. Ok, he inherited a mess and has some injuries at the moment but, still, we seem to have gone backwards on his watch.

We can only hope Hurtardo will bring some spark as, season ticket or not, I can't face sitting there bored to death week in week out for much longer. A scenario that's not help by some gurning idiot on a mic telling me how thrilling the first half was and how we have to raise the roof in the second. You can have all the razzmatazz, fire, crappy songs and inspiring speeches you want, if the team don't create anything week in week out, you are not going to have a great atmosphere because everyone is bored stiff.

I'd give Clarke until December at the latest, If we're still having about two shots a game then he has to go as, for whatever reason, he can't get this squad to perform and, if he can't do it by then, he never will

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Aug 2015 10:15

Gordons Cumming "Williams is great at the cross field running but needs to learn to pass"

Typical HNA remark.

HTH

??

Or needs to learn to make the easy pass. He did a lot, but it seemed to come to nothing a lot of times.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 17 Aug 2015 10:20

Man Friday
loyalroyaldaz For the miserable, moaning dinosaurs of this thread.
Have you ever pulled your heads out of your arses to consider the fact that maybe just maybe people like you and the negativity you have might have something to do with the very thing you complain about ?
There is a history at the Mad Stad of players geting booed and abused if they try something and it doesnt come off.
Show a bit of flair and fail and you will be hammered by the East Stand Mongtards.

If you're going to use language derogatory to disabled people, such as people with Down's Syndrome, why not use racist and homophobic language as well? Or are you just slow to catch up with acceptable language?

Agreed, we have members that cry foul to racism, but then quite happily use terms such as 'mong' or 'pikey', etc. Anything that is directed at a persons features or background is really equal to racism.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Aug 2015 10:28

Fair comments Schards. I'm normally a glass half full kind of person, and a ST holder to boot, however I'm struggling to oppose the majority of points that you've raised in your post mate. Understandably though the proposed duration of Clarke's tenure is up for debate.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Aug 2015 10:31

Schards#2 I'd give Clarke until December at the latest, If we're still having about two shots a game then he has to go as, for whatever reason, he can't get this squad to perform and, if he can't do it by then, he never will

Leeds game
Shots: 14
On Target: 3

Colchester game
Shots: 11
On Target: 5

Birmingham game
Shots: 20
On Target: 7

We average 15 shots and 5 on target per game

1/3 shots on target a game isn't a bad ratio.

As a comparison City had 18/8 , Chelsea 10/3.

Palace 11/4 Arsenal 20/7

We just need to be more clinical.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 17 Aug 2015 10:32

Schards#2 As per the last 2-3 years, went to the game fully expected to be bored and wasn't disappointed.

I can count on one hand the number of games in the last couple of years that I've actually enjoyed and, on the evidence of yesterday, that number isn't going to be added to much this season.

In Clarke's time here, he has proven incapable of getting a decent performance out of a set of players who, on paper, look more than good enough to prosper in this division. Ok, he inherited a mess and has some injuries at the moment but, still, we seem to have gone backwards on his watch.

We can only hope Hurtardo will bring some spark as, season ticket or not, I can't face sitting there bored to death week in week out for much longer. A scenario that's not help by some gurning idiot on a mic telling me how thrilling the first half was and how we have to raise the roof in the second. You can have all the razzmatazz, fire, crappy songs and inspiring speeches you want, if the team don't create anything week in week out, you are not going to have a great atmosphere because everyone is bored stiff.

I'd give Clarke until December at the latest, If we're still having about two shots a game then he has to go as, for whatever reason, he can't get this squad to perform and, if he can't do it by then, he never will

Superb post. Nail on head.

I'll give him till mid Sept

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2015 10:32

Did we really have 14 shots against Leeds!? :shock: :o

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Aug 2015 10:36

Royal Ginger Did we really have 14 shots against Leeds!? :shock: :o

I think that takes some imagination, I can think of two freekicks and a long range shot from Robson-Kanu, none of which remotely threatened the goal.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Aug 2015 10:46

Schards#2 As per the last 2-3 years, went to the game fully expected to be bored and wasn't disappointed.

Did you not see the stats from last weeks game or midweek for that matter?

Yesterday was not great but clearly you could see we were under strengt and players out of position.

Mccleary, Fosu, an Anchiebe would totally of changed that game yesterday. Last season we would of lost that 2-0.

Agree on atmosphere comments. It only improves based on performance. Fair play to the club for trying but it's very staged and manufactured.

On another note good to see work done around the ground yesterday. See all the white stanchions painted, new fencing and artwork etc etc.

We are in a far better place as a club than we were 12 months ago and should be thankful.

Give up my season ticket or on Clarke - not a chance.

144 posts