BFTG - MK Dons, home, 22 Aug 2015

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - MK Dons, home, 22 Aug 2015

by Ian Royal » 23 Aug 2015 21:06

brighton_royal McCleary will be key to converting these solid defensive/midfield displays into wins.

Assuming he gets back to the sort of form he displayed after we were relegated and not the sort of form he displayed last season. Although even then he's still good. And way better than the nothing we have on the wing now.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Aug 2015 21:41

Isn't that 6 str8 games at home without scoring a goal?

Hoss

by Hoss » 23 Aug 2015 22:32

RoyallyFcuked I thought we looked decent until we got to the final third, so not much has changed really.

Still need ……. someone to play behind in the no10 role who can create chances.

Danny Williams?

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 24 Aug 2015 08:42

Frustrating result but a promising performance and certainly not one which warranted any booing.

The back four look very solid and Hector will have a job getting back in it at this rate.

Sa did well but was again not supported well enough to make sure we made the half chances we created into clear-cut ones.

Midfield was generally OK and will improve when we get some more width.

The stand out for me was Tshibola. Absolutely superb and for me has played his way into the team this season. So much class on the ball and can also mix it up. His booking was a travesty as well.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 24 Aug 2015 09:00

Tishbola is going to be a great player, he has skill and vision.

McShane looks better every game.

We need to sort the set plays out as the corners we are taking are very predictable and easy to defend.

Get some wingers in the team as Williams is not a right winger and Quinn is not a left winger.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 24 Aug 2015 09:06

MoorgateRoyal Frustrating result but a promising performance and certainly not one which warranted any booing.

The back four look very solid and Hector will have a job getting back in it at this rate.

Sa did well but was again not supported well enough to make sure we made the half chances we created into clear-cut ones.

The stand out for me was Tshibola. Absolutely superb and for me has played his way into the team this season. So much class on the ball and can also mix it up. His booking was a travesty as well.

I thought the Ref got both bookings the wrong way around. Tshibola booking was definitely a foul on him as he won the ball and their player followed through on him, I then thought he was lucky to stay on as he clearly left his foot in and their player got booked, I think that's why he got taken off pretty soon after!

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 24 Aug 2015 10:16

No Fixed Abode Isn't that 6 str8 games at home without scoring a goal?

If you count a friendly match it is seven matches at home without a home goal.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 24 Aug 2015 11:29

Bob1871
MoorgateRoyal Frustrating result but a promising performance and certainly not one which warranted any booing.

I thought the Ref got both bookings the wrong way around. Tshibola booking was definitely a foul on him as he won the ball and their player followed through on him, I then thought he was lucky to stay on as he clearly left his foot in and their player got booked, I think that's why he got taken off pretty soon after!

I was a little miffed by their player being booked, actually, come to think of it.

He went flying in, but was on the ground and it wasn't two footed. Tshibola jumped over him, but not that far over him, and if more had been made of it, could potentially have been sent off for a 'lunge'. The ref was pretty weak and could probably have been talked into giving a red if the players all got necessarily annoyed by it.

I was annoyed with Tish's booking as it just looked like a good old fashioned 50-50 between two players going for the ball. I like quality football and I don't like unnecessarily hard tackles, but there is still a place in the game for challenges like that.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Aug 2015 11:31

I certainly didn't feel their player's challenge warranted a yellow card. I didn't think it was a foul in the first place.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 24 Aug 2015 11:57

LWJ I certainly didn't feel their player's challenge warranted a yellow card. I didn't think it was a foul in the first place.

I think if the game was a bit more lively and there were more tackles like that going in, there would have been a brawl after that challenge. The way Tshibola jumped made it look like a really big lunge from their player, while their players could have argued that Tshibola was jumping in on the player on the ground.

I think what actually happened is that their player slid in because he was further from the ball, and Tshibola jumped out of the way as he was too close to match the strength of the challenge from the opponent.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 24 Aug 2015 12:48

Isn't that 23,894 posts without a point?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Aug 2015 13:52

Kes - I haven't seen RFC score a league goal since Dec 28th 14.

Alright i've missed the odd game here and there but even so, it seems like forever ago. When it eventually happens I don't think I'll know what to do.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 24 Aug 2015 14:07

Hoss
RoyallyFcuked I thought we looked decent until we got to the final third, so not much has changed really.

Still need someone to play behind in the no10 role who can create chances.

Danny Williams?

I agree Williams can play there but I think we should be looking to bring a new creative player in and play Willams further back where he is more effective. Even if he does continue in that role, not sure we can rely on just him all season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Aug 2015 14:43

RoyallyFcuked
Hoss

Still need someone to play behind in the no10 role who can create chances.

Danny Williams?

I agree Williams can play there but I think we should be looking to bring a new creative player in and play Willams further back where he is more effective. Even if he does continue in that role, not sure we can rely on just him all season.

Just because somebody can, doesn't mean they should. And he's still quite limited for that role. I know he scored against Wednesday but his finishing is generally poor, isn't skillfull enough and doesn't have the range of passing and attacking eye needed for a proper cam or whatever you will.

Norwood is the best passer of the ball but is playing the poor mans pirlo role, but he's similar to Guthrie/Kuhl imo, also not suited We have an abundance of pure CMs but none definitively defensive a la Leigertwood and creative (Gylfi) - yes I'm aware they didn't play at the same time. For me Quinn would be the most defensive of our CMs but he's still not out and out. Taylor actually started out as that creative attacking mid but was played mostly on the left and was also pretty shit.

We need a Gylfi-esque player but they cost money and good attainable ones are few and fare between. That Chery guy QPR signed from the Netherlands is also in that mould, and he cost £2m +. Read somewhere that Hurtado can play in that role? Which would be great if he's dece, but then we are still left with the problem of our flanks being light on quality.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 24 Aug 2015 14:47

Goals aside, things sound promising. We need that bloody striker!

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 24 Aug 2015 14:47

Don't worry guys Pog will be back soon.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Aug 2015 14:49

was behind us as we drove away from the stadium on Saturday. I waved, and he waved back.
a good omen, im sure you'll agree

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 24 Aug 2015 15:13

melonhead was behind us as we drove away from the stadium on Saturday. I waved, and he waved back.
a good omen, im sure you'll agree

Picking spots in the traffic, like he will to all defenses.

Unless he just stayed behind you.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 24 Aug 2015 16:30

CountryRoyal
RoyallyFcuked
Hoss Danny Williams?

Just because somebody can, doesn't mean they should. And he's still quite limited for that role. I know he scored against Wednesday but his finishing is generally poor, isn't skillfull enough and doesn't have the range of passing and attacking eye needed for a proper cam or whatever you will.

Norwood is the best passer of the ball but is playing the poor mans pirlo role, but he's similar to Guthrie/Kuhl imo, also not suited We have an abundance of pure CMs but none definitively defensive a la Leigertwood and creative (Gylfi) - yes I'm aware they didn't play at the same time. For me Quinn would be the most defensive of our CMs but he's still not out and out. Taylor actually started out as that creative attacking mid but was played mostly on the left and was also pretty shit.

We need a Gylfi-esque player but they cost money and good attainable ones are few and fare between. That Chery guy QPR signed from the Netherlands is also in that mould, and he cost £2m +. Read somewhere that Hurtado can play in that role? Which would be great if he's dece, but then we are still left with the problem of our flanks being light on quality.

Completely agree, Williams should not be the first choice CAM/no10 for the reasons you stated. Think we should play any 2 of or all 3 of Williams, Quinn and Alex depending on the formation, and play them the CMs that they are so they can do their share of attacking and defending. The fact there should be at least 2 of them playing and the backline being a lot more solid means it shouldn't matter as much that none of them is pure defensive midfielder.

As you say though, we still need that creator that plays further up, the Gylfi-esque player. We shall see if Hurtado can be this man and if he is that still leaves us short of a decent winger.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2015 16:58

Spotted at the game Avram Grant, the club already looking to Clarkes' replacement

Assume he hoping to see a couple of their youngster who are Ghanaian that is the only link i can make to him being there