CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

158 posts
PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

by PremAddict » 27 Aug 2015 19:07

Glad to see his wages go but not him. Was a gentleman and most of the time a hard worker. Good luck Pog.

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 27 Aug 2015 19:09

I liked Pog, clearly overpaid but not lazy. Had he been on a regular championship salary think he would have been a popular player with fans.

That being said its, presumably, a huge weight lifted financially which is a definite plus.

Certainly wish him well for the future

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 19:13

It seems a little harsh to say now but I'm delighted that this has happened, can't believe we've got shot of him. Should have happened a year or two ago but it was virtually impossible because of the money he was on, but I guess as he only had a year left it made it possible now.

No surprise that the club have released no details of what Dynamo had to do to get him or the fee involved (which I'm guessing was pretty small especially if they had to pay up the rest of his contract).

I like him a lot more now he's left but it is a shame it never really worked out for him here. I guess he just wasn't the player that many people thought he was. Having said that I'm sure he's a decent bloke and his contract wasn't his fault so good luck to him.

Anyway, this will surely free up some money for a striker. I know myself along with many others had written off the Beric deal but could this be a possibility now? We are rumoured to have made a club record bid of around £4m...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2015 19:17

OMFG This is so awesome. Bye bye you overpaid goalshy failure. Good riddance.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Aug 2015 19:20

Must be close to agreeing a loan signing at the very least,

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 27 Aug 2015 19:38

It's amusing that people moan about him being overpaid, like its his fault the club offered him massive wages.
If all of your bosses decided to pay you twice what your worth, you'd all snap their hands off

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 27 Aug 2015 19:40

He could be on 50 quid a week. He would still be shite!

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 27 Aug 2015 19:41

Maybe we could have a try for Nahki Wells now then :lol:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Aug 2015 19:51

URZZZZZ It's amusing that people moan about him being overpaid, like its his fault the club offered him massive wages.
If all of your bosses decided to pay you twice what your worth, you'd all snap their hands off

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice try

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 19:51

Ian Royal OMFG This is so awesome. Bye bye you overpaid goalshy failure. Good riddance.

You were basically defending him when I was slagging him off the other day and now he's gone I've been nicer about him than you have...

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2015 19:52

URZZZZZ It's amusing that people moan about him being overpaid, like its his fault the club offered him massive wages.

Exactly. Not Pog's fault his wages didn't quite match his ability, if he was on £10k a week he wouldn't get half the stick he does. It was Anton's fault. With Drenthe, Guthrie and now Pog out the door I feel like we're finally moving on from the Russians.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 19:56

genome

Exactly. Not Pog's fault his wages didn't quite match his ability, if he was on £10k a week he wouldn't get half the stick he does. It was Anton's fault. With Drenthe, Guthrie and now Pog out the door I feel like we're finally moving on from the Russians.

Agree with the last two sentences, but even if he was on 10k a week I would have still been saying he was shit, as would many others.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Aug 2015 19:58

Royality creeps In He could be on 50 quid a week. He would still be shite!

The majority of posts on this thread were of a balanced view, it came to an end right here, f*cking bellend

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Aug 2015 20:00

Bit sad about this :(

It's a huge shame it never worked out for him here. You could never accuse him of being a shirker & he never mouthed off about the club.

Good luck for the future Pav. I quite liked you.

On the plus side I am rather pleased we've freed up some wages.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Aug 2015 20:01

genome

No, but he's still judged on his performance:cost regardless of whether it's his 'fault' he's paid too much. He's not worth the money he's on, so it's good that he's gone, end of discussion.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Aug 2015 20:02

RoyallyFcuked
Ian Royal OMFG This is so awesome. Bye bye you overpaid goalshy failure. Good riddance.

You were basically defending him when I was slagging him off the other day and now he's gone I've been nicer about him than you have...

:lol:

This is Ian Royal we are talking about, what on earth did you expect?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 Aug 2015 20:04

I rarely disagree with you. But this was possibly an ill thought-out comment does you no credit.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 27 Aug 2015 20:05

Before his game got cut short through injury, he looked like the best player on the park against Espanyol. I too had hopes for him this season, and again, got a bit of a sinking feeling when his departure was announced, but realistically his wages were unsustainable and it's a big relief for the club to have him off the books in a financial sense.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Aug 2015 20:11

Great deal for Pog and Reading.

He was bought in on high wages but that's not his fault, we all would have taken that.

He never complained when he wasn't playing, gave 100%, trained honestly and was liked amongst the team. He goes with my best wishes as so many players would have acted differently in his position having gone down a league as well.

As to the doubters saying we probably won't have a striker lined up and to be prepared for disappointment, we're a different club now I'm afraid. We,ll sign at least two forwards.

Good luck pog

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Aug 2015 20:16

Mixed feelings on this. After the header against Chelsea I had really high hopes but it never really happened. Whether or not it was the tactics or poor supply of ball could never tell. He gave his all though. Hopefully we can save some money and find some quality with what we save. Would have liked Afobe end of last season but just seen Wolves quoting 15m to Norwich.
Good luck to Pog though.

158 posts