CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

158 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Pog gone to Dynamo Moscow

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Aug 2015 20:18

No way would Clarke have let this happen if we didn't have another striker coming in. Quite excited to see who it might be now!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 27 Aug 2015 20:21

Some of the comments on this thread are laughable.
Loads of you slag of Blackman and HRK but both are better than that Russian waste of space.

WTF has Pog done at Reading FC to warrant the plaudits. What are you thanking him for. He certainly has not taken us forward.
He falls over when someone breathes on him. He scored (Very) occasionally. Someone even said he runs around a lot. :roll:

Oh and HRK is one of our own, sure he can be indifferent but at least he tries.

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 27 Aug 2015 20:24

Wow, this came out of nowhere, Good luck to him. Always really liked Pog.

I don't hold him accountable for not being as good as we wanted him to be and basing that opinion on his high wages, was never his fault he was being paid so much. We all would have done the same thing and taken the cash. His work ethic and the decent way he came across in interviews helped make it more palatable.

Wish it could have worked out better for him here, but all the best in Moscow you BFR.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 Aug 2015 20:31

Armadillo Roadkill Possibly the highest profile signing ever made by this club

:lol: wtf are you smoking??

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2015 20:32

blueroyals end of discussion.

LOL, who died and made you Queen?

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 20:32

Royality creeps In Some of the comments on this thread are laughable.
Loads of you slag of Blackman and HRK but both are better than that Russian waste of space.

WTF has Pog done at Reading FC to warrant the plaudits. What are you thanking him for. He certainly has not taken us forward.
He falls over when someone breathes on him. He scored (Very) occasionally. Someone even said he runs around a lot. :roll:

+1

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Aug 2015 20:38

Winston Smith
Armadillo Roadkill Possibly the highest profile signing ever made by this club

:lol: wtf are you smoking??

Not the most famous player we've signed. But he was hot property having scored a clutch of goals for Fulham the year before, in that sense, he's probably the biggest statement signing we've made Imo. I simply seemed out of our league. Far bigger clubs were looking at him.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 27 Aug 2015 20:56

RoyallyFcuked

+1

This has to be the most LOLable post I have seen since Woodcote in his anti Shorey days. The one thing that made Pog head and shoulders above HRK was his effort level.

Good luck to our big fcuking Russian

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Aug 2015 21:08

I`ve been watching Reading long enough to know 100% that if you decide you don`t like a player the moment he signs on that dotted line, then you will dislike him no matter what he does on the pitch.
And we have seen a few posting on this thread, thankfully the majority are fair minded posters who appreciated the high skill levels the big Russian had. granted he never did score as many goals as we would have liked, and with that he didn`t justify the wages we were paying him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2015 21:17

TBM Now watch us fail to sign a striker before the window slams shut

We'll probably loan in the next Chelsea wonder striker after the loan window opens.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 27 Aug 2015 21:20

windermere_royal I`ve been watching Reading long enough to know 100% that if you decide you don`t like a player the moment he signs on that dotted line, then you will dislike him no matter what he does on the pitch.
And we have seen a few posting on this thread, thankfully the majority are fair minded posters who appreciated the high skill levels the big Russian had. granted he never did score as many goals as we would have liked, and with that he didn`t justify the wages we were paying him.

I am really sorry that my opinion does not adhere to yours. I will go outside and have a good word with myself and remind myself that Windermere royal is always right.

Oh by the way
These "high skill levels".
Tell us about them. I'm really intrigued

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 21:23

ayjaydee
RoyallyFcuked

+1

This has to be the most LOLable post I have seen since Woodcote in his anti Shorey days. The one thing that made Pog head and shoulders above HRK was his effort level.

Good luck to our big fcuking Russian

Just to clarify I agreed with all of Royality creeps in's post, apart from the last sentence. I'm not saying I really agree with the part that HRK tries hard, or HRK tries harder than Pog. Both could do better IMO.

Having said that though, it is a myth that Pog "works hard", sure if you count trying and failing to hold the ball up or win headers, and picking yourself up off the floor as working hard then yeah but otherwise no chance.

Just like nearly everyone who likes/rates Pog, you are deLOLuded.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 27 Aug 2015 21:28

I had a real soft spot for Colin Gordononov.

Good luck old son.

If I still worked at Vertu I'd send you a fucked up bejewelled mobile phone that never works.

Cheers,

Herring.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 27 Aug 2015 21:31

Sutekh
TBM Now watch us fail to sign a striker before the window slams shut

We'll probably loan in the next Chelsea wonder striker after the loan window opens.

You'd be better off signing a permanent player. Than paying their exorbitant loan fees £5m for Lukaku. It's a lot to pay if you're going for pomotiion to lose a player back to them can be a blow

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Aug 2015 21:36

I did let out an unrestrained yippee when I heard the news, but it's a bit saddening to see him go. He wasn't a successful player here, and he didn't enhance his career while with us, but there was always something reassuring about the effort he put in during some dismal performances under Atkins and Clark.

I presume we had to pay off most of his contract to get shot of him, but there might be a bit of small change left for a new striker.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2015 21:37

blueroyals
genome
URZZZZZ It's amusing that people moan about him being overpaid, like its his fault the club offered him massive wages.
If all of your bosses decided to pay you twice what your worth, you'd all snap their hands off

Exactly. Not Pog's fault his wages didn't quite match his ability, if he was on £10k a week he wouldn't get half the stick he does. It was Anton's fault. With Drenthe, Guthrie and now Pog out the door I feel like we're finally moving on from the Russians.

No, but he's still judged on his performance:cost regardless of whether it's his 'fault' he's paid too much. He's not worth the money he's on, so it's good that he's gone, end of discussion.

Not disagreeing with that, for a striker he doesn't score enough, but he still contributed to the team. If he wasn't on such high wages then I think people would be more prepared to accept what he offered to us and I don't think he would get as much stick.

THE HUMAN BISCUIT

by THE HUMAN BISCUIT » 27 Aug 2015 21:39

I haven't wanted to mention this before, in case it jinxed things, but 'pogreb' means 'funeral' in Russian, so Pogrebnyak translates as something like 'son of an undertaker'. So how come he didn't bury a few more chances?

Delboy

by Delboy » 27 Aug 2015 21:43

Pog was on £53k a week so £2.5m off the payroll. Good move for the club, but Pog always gave 100% so good luck to him.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 Aug 2015 21:44

Exclusive photo of Pogrebnyak arriving in Russia for his medical at Dynamo Moscow

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2015 21:50

158 posts