BFTG Brentford

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

BFTG Brentford

by LWJ » 29 Aug 2015 18:52

An all round cracking day.

Thought we were untouchable in the first half and didn't ever get that troubled by a dull Brentford side. Their goal from what I saw was 30 yard strike which came off the post and in, maybe could have been closed down better but not much to moan about.

Blackman gets a stand out mention as he really is proving a point to everyone this year.

Fans were in great voice all along, and we have now got some songs which sounded decent on the terrace.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Brentford

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Aug 2015 18:54

LWJ An all round cracking day.

Thought we were untouchable in the first half and didn't ever get that troubled by a dull Brentford side. Their goal from what I saw was 30 yard strike which came off the post and in, maybe could have been closed down better but not much to moan about.

Blackman gets a stand out mention as he really is proving a point to everyone this year.

Fans were in great voice all along, and we have now got some songs which sounded decent on the terrace.

What songs would they be?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Aug 2015 18:54

Have we got a song for any of the newbies yet?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Aug 2015 18:59

Pepe the Horseman Have we got a song for any of the newbies yet?

Yeah I'm trying to remember all the lyrics for sa's

Quinn has two as well which both slipped my memory.

I'm sure someone will be here shortly who can remember.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Aug 2015 19:00

1st half was the most one sided half I've seen in years. Brilliant!

Some good tunes on the terraces.

Everyone played well, Blackman MOTM.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Aug 2015 19:01

Bit harsh we've taken 'Gold' off Tshibola and given it to Sa.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 29 Aug 2015 19:03

Saw the chap prepare and succeed to get the pitch to celebrate the pen 'fess up are you a 'nobber?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Aug 2015 19:09

Pepe the Horseman Have we got a song for any of the newbies yet?

Orlando Sa to Gold

He's here, he's there
He's every oxf*rd where
Stephen Quinn, Stephen Quinn

Chris Gunter to 'Don't you want me'

Williams to 'Mrs Robinson'

Blackman to 'It's magic'

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Aug 2015 19:41

Agree with being untouchable first half, second half we were much much poorer, stood off completely and allowed Brentford to get back into the game. Lucky to not concede a second.

More detailed post and maybe ratings later if I cba.

Overall, cracking result/day.

SMF

by SMF » 29 Aug 2015 19:57

First half we were very good, passed the ball well and probably deserved to be more than 2 goals up. The first goal was well worked and a good header to finish by Sa. The second a brilliant free kick by Blackman. Blackman has a couple of other good opportunities, hitting the bar and having another chance saved. Their keeper also saved well from a corner which was met by a header.

In the second half as expected Brentford pushed higher up the pitch and there was a period of 25 minutes where they scored and put us under quite some pressure, mainly with crosses, although they didn't really have any clear cut opportunities apart from a scramble near the end. Then came our third goal with Williams dispossessing their player in midfield, breaking and squaring the ball to Blackman who drew the foul from the keeper and cooly scored from the spot.

Man of the match for me goes to Blackman, hopefully he can keep up his good form. Special mentions to Williams and the two centre backs.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 29 Aug 2015 19:59

The Sa song was coming through loud on the radio. Sounded brilliant. We sounded like a proper group of fans.

Well done all that went. Well done the team and we'll done Clarke.

Our game management didn't sound great second half however this will come with more wins and confidence.

Two home games to come. 6 more points and we will be well and truly in the mix.

Happy man tonight, it's amazing how one win can change my mood completely

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Aug 2015 20:08

Some great football played today in 1st half with Button keeping Brentford in the game.

We took our foot off the gas at the start the second half and let Brentford back in the game but got the result that we deserved in the end.

Never seen a second half kick off when a team wants to bring on a sub., what were the official thinking.

Thoroughly enjoyed the teams performance and it is a real shame we have a two week break.

Stabilo Boss

by Stabilo Boss » 29 Aug 2015 20:19

Back from the game. First time at Brentford since the draw that took us up. I accept that I am a lucky omen when at Griffin Park.

First half was the best I've seen Reading play for years, better than the performance against Arsenal for me as we looked threatening throughout.

Second half was always going to be like that. Brentford had to come out and play. They are a good team and did us twice last year.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Aug 2015 20:26

As others have said, cracking first half, second half we stood off and coasted. Their goal out of nothing was their only chance of note but it made us a bit nervous

Where the hell did the ref get 9 mins of added time from no stoppages as one booking for a 10 second delay on a throw in.

Top day out, good prematch in the Globe and great atmosphere in the away end

Ferdinand and McShane are just class in defence - sooooo much better than the liability Pearce falling over last year.

MOTM Blackman, I'm even starting to like his song - I can't believe he's not scored!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Aug 2015 22:03

PieEater MOTM Blackman, I can't believe he's not scored!

???

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 Aug 2015 22:27

Just got in.
First half we were awesome Brentford never got look in
Second half we stood off and Brentford had a sniff , especially after their goal

Right result in the end

What a day. What an atmosphere. Reading fans Top Notch today

Downside of this drinking malarky is that I am going to have a thumping head come Sunday morning :cry:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Aug 2015 22:32

The Real Sandhurst Royal We took our foot off the gas at the start the second half and let Brentford back in the game but got the result that we deserved in the end.

Kanu injury plus Brentford had half time to reorganise.

The "first" team is very good. Seem to lack depth at the moment when changes are required. McCleary looked far from match fit.

Chappers93

by Chappers93 » 29 Aug 2015 22:35

Played great first half, Brentford were under constant pressure whenever they came into our half and our slick passing helped cut them apart in the final 3rd which finally resulted in some goals and a HRK assist! Blackmans FK was a beaut too..

Second we looked a bit tired IMO but managed to pull through with a win. I think we're beginning to see Clarke's stamp on the team with that performance both in mentality and tactics.

Bond - 6

Gunter - 7
McShane - 7
Ferdinand - 8
Obita - 5

Norwood - 7
Quinn - 8
Williams - 9

HRK - 8
Blackman - 9 (MOTM)
Sa - 8

McCleary - 5

Fans - 9.5

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 29 Aug 2015 23:03

Great away day. Absolutely bossed the first half best performance I've seen for a long time. Second half took foot of the gas and coasted got beaten by a good finish and credit to our defence for keeping it all together and holding on.

Andrew Madley is one of the worst referees at this level. Not a clue some of his decisions for and against us were laughable. 9 mins however came from our timewasting and pressure from their fans to clamp down on it. Plus he got the pen spot on so not all bad.

Fans were outstanding today. FYI The Blackman song is 'better believe he scores goals' Really enjoyed the Danny Williams to Mrs Robinson song also.

Also full credit to their keeper for taking the bald comments really well.

Bristol Royalz

by Bristol Royalz » 29 Aug 2015 23:07

Cracking fun, as everyone said great atmosphere great old school ground. First half superb second half dropped too deep.

Ratings

Bond 6 flap in the first half otherwise good
Gunter 7 good performance came across to cover superbly second half.
Mcshane 8 solid as a rock
Ferdinand 7 played well.
Obits 6 solid enuff
Norwood 7 great first half. Second half taken out due to sitting deeper could not find the space to get the ball
Quinn 6 kept running but dropping deep second half caused problems.
Williams 8 won most things kept breaking forward.
Hrk - 8 unbelievably had a superb 1st half won challenges superb assist for 1st goal
Blackman 8 mom 2 goals always dangerous. Nuffield said
Sa 7 great header tired 2nd half

Subs McLeary 5 couple of runs but didn't get into it.
Others not enough time...