CONFIMRED - George Evans

198 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - George Evans

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 11:53

mambo3 Where does that put Kuhl, Stacy, Tanner (when he comes back) in the pecking order for midfield places.
No future at Reading?

Thats our Championship winning midfield 2017/2018

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 20 Jan 2016 12:17

Kuhl is still < 20, it'll be another 2 years at least before we will see anything reliable and consistent from him.

This chap is 2 years older, so its not a case of shunting out of the way but having someone who can probably step in now.

Looks like he's not bad, and he's played in the England age groups. Moderately optimistic.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 12:19

tidus_mi2
mambo3 Where does that put Kuhl, Stacy, Tanner (when he comes back) in the pecking order for midfield places.
No future at Reading?

Well from what has been described of him, he's primarily a defensive minded central midfielder so that puts Kuhl at most risk, Stacey is a winger and Tanner plays in a more advanced role, preferably just behind the striker.

Kuhl is not a defensive mid.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 12:22

ZacNaloen Kuhl is not a defensive mid.

He does play in the same area of the pitch as a defensive minded midfielder would operate though, they just play there in different ways.

My guess is that Evans will be more of a Harper, Norwood or Kuhl than a Parkinson, Leigertwood or Bass.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2016 12:24

ZacNaloen
tidus_mi2
No future at Reading?

Well from what has been described of him, he's primarily a defensive minded central midfielder so that puts Kuhl at most risk, Stacey is a winger and Tanner plays in a more advanced role, preferably just behind the striker.

Kuhl is not a defensive mid.

Zac, you're one of the ones with most insight to the youth players, what would you say Kuhl's position is? I always figured he's the type to sit deep and try to dictate the play in midfield, if I had to compare him to any player in the team I would argue he'd be most like Norwood.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Jan 2016 12:35

how long until we have to start calling him 'Georgie'? that is the rule in football? right?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 12:38

tidus_mi2
Zac, you're one of the ones with most insight to the youth players, what would you say Kuhl's position is? I always figured he's the type to sit deep and try to dictate the play in midfield, if I had to compare him to any player in the team I would argue he'd be most like Norwood.

He's a quarter back who will dictate play on the half way line and keep the ball moving quickly with either quick interchanges with the defense or wingers. But he can't tackle which is kind of important for a true Defensive mid. He's spent his entire development with Aaron Tshibola next to him doing the defensive work. His Mum reckons he learned how to tackle up at Dundee, but after watching the game against Man U I'm not so sure about that :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2016 12:41

His mum is Sharon and she called him Aaron, I can't take her seriously after finding out about that.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 20 Jan 2016 12:46

Winston Smith how long until we have to start calling him 'Georgie'? that is the rule in football? right?

yeah what's the rule on this

Thought it may be related to having a short surname but...

George Weah

Georgie Best

Will have a think and see if I can figure it out

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Jan 2016 12:50

Brosef Stalin
Winston Smith how long until we have to start calling him 'Georgie'? that is the rule in football? right?

yeah what's the rule on this

Thought it may be related to having a short surname but...

George Weah

Georgie Best

Will have a think and see if I can figure it out

Last time I read the ruling it was that caucasian George = Georgie, caucasian Nick = Nicky.

Has there been a 2016 update release so far?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jan 2016 14:01

ZacNaloen
tidus_mi2

He's a quarter back who will dictate play on the half way line and keep the ball moving quickly with either quick interchanges with the defense or wingers. But he can't tackle which is kind of important for a true Defensive mid. He's spent his entire development with Aaron Tshibola next to him doing the defensive work. His Mum reckons he learned how to tackle up at Dundee, but after watching the game against Man U I'm not so sure about that :lol:

Would disagree that he can't defend. He's certainly no Phil Parkinson but he reads the game well and I've seen many instances where he has done sterling work by anticipating play and being in the right place to do a defensive job. I would say that he is from the same school as Harps though. Harps view was that throwing yourself into tackles was rarely the best option. He would stay on his feet, get goal side of an opponent and look to nick the ball whilst holding the opposition up. Kuhl is the same, more subtle than a true ball winner but certainly not a defensive liability.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jan 2016 14:07

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jan 2016 14:42

Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super Georgie Evans

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Jan 2016 15:44

I'd describe Kuhl as a defensive midfielder myself. Certainly more defensive than Tshibola who looks lost without a more conservative player alongside him. He's certainly not afraid to get stuck in (second time I saw him play he got sent off for two professional fouls). Think he's one like Norwood, people say he can't tackle because he's good at passing but actually he's one of the most committed we have.

No idea what sort of player Evans is, but from the descriptions he sounds most like Tshibola.

If McDermott sticks with 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1, we lose Williams, Fernandez, Norwood, and Piazon this summer, then that leaves us with Quinn, Tshibola, Evans, and Kuhl competing for the two deeper positions and Tanner, Quinn again, and Kelly for the role behind the striker. We'd also have McCleary, Hurtado, Stacey, Fosu, and Tanner for the wide positions. It's impossible for all the youngsters to play every week, but if they're better than what we've got then they'll get games.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 15:46

I'd describe Kuhl as a defensive midfielder myself. Certainly more defensive than Tshibola

:!: :?:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jan 2016 15:54

Maneki Neko
I'd describe Kuhl as a defensive midfielder myself. Certainly more defensive than Tshibola

:!: :?:

The only reason you think Tshibola is a def midfielder is because he's black. Akpan had the same problem and it eventually forced him out of the club. He's now scoring goals for fun as a regular/attacking midfielder at Blackburn.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Jan 2016 15:55

genome

Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super Georgie Evans

genome heralds the new Georgie Era right there I guess

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 15:56

true.
all black midfielders are defensive midfielders

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 16:14

Tshibolas a box to box, but he can tackle. Kuhl stays in midfield, but can't tackle.

That you've seen him make a tackle, and put his foot doesn't mean he's actually any good at it. He's committed but he's tackling it's usually a foul. :lol:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 20 Jan 2016 18:33

Winston Smith
genome

Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super, Super George
Super Georgie Evans

genome heralds the new Georgie Era right there I guess

If nothing else it means we don't have to have the "Song for George Evans" thread

198 posts