Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:20

was at it again this morning.....

Had a go about Brian saying he didn't see the incident with mcshane and Williams, and said he was doing a wenger
despite in commentary him being the one to point out to mick that McDermott was still remonstrating with the ref over mclearys 'head injury' and didn't see what happened.
and then issued thinly veiled calls for the owners to get rid of him.

leave your own agendas at home tim, you've spelled the end for at least one manager, but I think that power may have gone to your head, and you've completely lost it.
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 13 Apr 2016 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:21

John Smith
Wimb
That miss last night was ghastly, absolutely terrible and it's cost us 3 points. The guy has every right, in the heat of the moment, to call Vydra every name under the sun. I dare say you'd shout worse from your seat. The fact that it isn't the first time either makes it all the more frustrating. Vydra will be gone in a couple of months time, Dellor won't.

Ghastly is a bit harsh, he's had to take it at an angle first time. Yeah you'd still expect him to hit the target but we're not talking about one as bad as others he's missed recently.

I honestly don't think it is. If you look at Vardy's first on Sunday it shows how to finish from that sort of angle. First time or not, he doesn't even have to curl it - just place/punt/prod it to the left 2/3s of the keeper's left. It was utterly atrocious, especially at the time of the game and the prize on offer if he hit the net.

one on ones with the keeper come off less than you think. even mick said it wasn't a gimme.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 09:26

Maneki Neko

Wimb

Just out of purely personaly curiosity, can you both just clarify, once and for all, that you are excusing Matej Vydra for that 94th minute miss from 6 yards last night?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:30

Sorry pal but you're wrong here. Dellor's job is to report on what he sees and provide an opinion. The Dellor/Gooding partnership is much like good cop/bad cop where Dellor moans and Gooding provides the professional opinion.

He's moaning about stuff he knows is stupid/wrong and creating pressure in an already pressurised situation because he has an agenda

Moaned about McDermott saying he didn't see- already knew the manager didn't see it
moaned about selection- but already said the manager had no real options
moaned about losing the dressing room- while saying he has no idea if hes lost the dressing room
moaning that brian defended his players & refused to publicly pillory a player - while saying of course he wouldn't do that either if he was a manager
said it was an awful shame that after a match where we played really well, and could have won it in the end, that we were focussing on the miss and the fracas....well stop focussing on it then!

he's lost it.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:39

John Smith
Maneki Neko

Wimb

Just out of purely personaly curiosity, can you both just clarify, once and for all, that you are excusing Matej Vydra for that 94th minute miss from 6 yards last night?

nope.
was a poor miss, from a player who looks mentally shot (and has been all season)

If Rakels was fit id have played him last night. but hes only just got back from an injury so probably wouldn't last 90 mins
Cox played and scored.there are no other options to play as striker.
all the other players are either injured loans, off it the summer,or disinterested(John)
we have no idea what constraints brian is under over selection/recruitment.
hes trying to have a look at the players who will still be here next year (though he has to play 1 or 2 loanees every now and then due to our squad being half loanees.)

so im not sure what else you want.
yes as a fan your entitled to moan and vent your frustration. its frustrating.
but you have to put it in context and try to be rational.
I know its hard, because the last three seasons have been one long oxf*rd shambles.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 09:46

Maneki Neko so im not sure what else you want.

All I want from you is to know where your standards lie. I want to know if you can accept misses like that in important moments in games. Because if you can accept that then you'll drag this club down.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 13 Apr 2016 09:53

John Smith
Maneki Neko

Wimb

Nope! He's a top class striker and should finish that more often than not.

My point was that it's not the calibre of shocking, horror miss that deserves to send a commentator into absolute meltdown!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:57

John Smith

All I want from you is to know where your standards lie. I want to know if you can accept misses like that in important moments in games. Because if you can accept that then you'll drag this club down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its annoying, it cost us 3 points and a break from the moaning.
he didn't miss it on purpose. he was clearly devastated, brian was clearly devastated for him. im devastated for him.
shit happens. especially to us over the last three years.
im not sure what other options there are when a player misses a sitter, other get annoyed/feel devastated. & even that has no effect

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 09:57

Wimb
John Smith
Maneki Neko

Wimb

My point was that it's not the calibre of shocking, horror miss that deserves to send a commentator into absolute meltdown!

it was no steve stone, that's for sure

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 10:03

Maneki Neko
John Smith

he didn't miss it on purpose. he was clearly devastated, brian was clearly devastated for him. im devastated for him.
im not sure what other options there are when a player misses a sitter, other get annoyed/feel devastated. & even that has no effect

My point is if we simply 'accept' misses like that (granted it wasn't on Stone's level but as a striker it should be scored - end of) then the standards we accept allow this to be the norm, allow this to be forgiveable. How many times can we keep saying "he's trying, he's working hard". There's no ruthlessness about this club which is costing us from progressing.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 13 Apr 2016 10:08

Think we're all on the same page though... if the club had been building the squad properly over the past few years we'd have others to come in and take the heat away from Vydra. As it is, right now we've got a man with 1 goal in 35 games, a youngster with about 20 goals, all in League One who's been left out on loan to be part of a team that's creating chances and in a promotion hunt. An unknown quantity from the Polish leagues who's not fully fit, Kermorgant who's also not fully up to speed or in a team that plays to his strengths or a bunch of Academy products with barely a senior game between them.

In those circumstances Brian is hoping that Vydra returns to the form from last season and with the options he has available, there's not a lot wrong with that.

Yeah Vydra's not been good enough, has missed some sitters and sadly been a waste of money but what can you do at this stage?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2016 10:10

Wimb
John Smith
Maneki Neko

Wimb

Is he, bar two seasons at Watford does his record suggest he's a top class striker?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:14

John Smith
Maneki Neko
John Smith All I want from you is to know where your standards lie. I want to know if you can accept misses like that in important moments in games. Because if you can accept that then you'll drag this club down.

My point is if we simply 'accept' misses like that (granted it wasn't on Stone's level but as a striker it should be scored - end of) then the standards we accept allow this to be the norm, allow this to be forgiveable. How many times can we keep saying "he's trying, he's working hard". There's no ruthlessness about this club which is costing us from progressing.

:|
my accepting a striker missing a chance has no effect whatsoever on the outcome of matches, or the clubs progression.
if I was in charge, you may have a point.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 13 Apr 2016 10:16

sandman
Wimb
John Smith

Is he, bar two seasons at Watford does his record suggest he's a top class striker?

Top class in the context of the Championship I'd say. He was named the league's best player in the not so distant past so he can't be that bad.

Returns of 22 and 16 goals in his two seasons with Watford is a very good haul and when you also take into account he's still only 23, he's still got plenty of time to grow. This year with Reading will probably do him wonders, sadly we won't see the benefit of it!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:18

This year with Reading will probably do him wonders

either that or they'll find him swinging from a light fitting at the end of the season somewhere

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2016 10:21

Wimb Yeah Vydra's not been good enough, has missed some sitters and sadly been a waste of money but what can you do at this stage?

You can not accept it.
Maneki Neko my accepting a striker missing a chance has no effect whatsoever on the outcome of matches, or the clubs progression.

It does. Fans have a voice as a uni. We can drive him out. Just like we did with the manager.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:23

John Smith
Wimb Yeah Vydra's not been good enough, has missed some sitters and sadly been a waste of money but what can you do at this stage?

You can not accept it.
Maneki Neko my accepting a striker missing a chance has no effect whatsoever on the outcome of matches, or the clubs progression.

It does. Fans have a voice as a uni. We can drive him out. Just like we did with the manager.

:| :| :| :| :| :|
you want to drive out a striker we are contracted to pay(and probably play)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why do you feel its your place to be shaping the hiring/firing policy of the multimillion pound business that is RFC?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Apr 2016 10:24

You can not accept it.

ok, ok

im with you, you've convinced me.
I refuse to accept Vydras miss.

now what do we do?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Apr 2016 10:28

You're on a good form this morning brendy

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2016 10:39

John Smith

You can not accept it.

Doing that three years ago is what got us into this mess in the first place.

537 posts