Hal Robson-Kanu, Anton Ferdinand and Simon Cox to leave Reading FC

136 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu, Anton Ferdinand and Simon Cox to leave Reading FC

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2016 22:59

Lower West
taipairoyal Really should have given Cox another contract.

Although given a chance by Brian never stood out in any match I saw. Neat and tidy isn't enough.

I'd have liked to have given him the benefit of the doubt, but you certainly have a point. Better than Piazon isn't really a recommendation. Good evidence of McDermott being ruthless IMO.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 May 2016 03:52

Jesus Christ. Simon Cox is not going to take us forward, guarantee he'll be playing in league one next season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 May 2016 12:02

CountryRoyal Jesus Christ. Simon Cox is not going to take us forward, guarantee he'll be playing in league one next season.

Correct. He's been given more than 2 chances at the club for crying out loud!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 May 2016 15:04

John Smith
CountryRoyal Jesus Christ. Simon Cox is not going to take us forward, guarantee he'll be playing in league one next season.

Correct. He's been given more than 2 chances at the club for crying out loud!

He's utter gash.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 May 2016 17:39

I remember Royal Slag going on about how brilliant Simon Cox was and how we should never have let him go. How did that turn out you rancid old slapper?

Shame to see HRK go but no great surprise. I hoped he might have hung around until after the Euros but contract timing is everything and it was hardly unknown when his contract was up.

Anton? Who?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 May 2016 18:08

Terminal Boardom I remember Royal Slag going on about how brilliant Simon Cox was and how we should never have let him go. How did that turn out you rancid old slapper?

Shame to see HRK go but no great surprise. I hoped he might have hung around until after the Euros but contract timing is everything and it was hardly unknown when his contract was up.

Anton? Who?

He was brilliant - I remember him playing on the wing in the cup against Spurs or someone and he was really good. Never really given a chance - he is, however, 29 now, so his best days are probably behind him but I reckon he'll do very well next season, even if it is in a lower league.

I presume you are referring to me above btw - charming man you are! :lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 May 2016 09:50

hes never been brilliant.
hes been a decent pro, who for a short while achieved back up striker status in the premiere league.
hes done ok for us and is a home town boy, good luck to him and thanks for all the effort.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 May 2016 13:06

Terminal Boardom I remember Royal Slag going on about how brilliant Simon Cox was

Christ, I haven't much time for 'Lady' Sasima either, but thats a bit harsh.....

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 19 May 2016 20:06

Hoop Blah Robson-Kanu has been alright, not a lot more, not a lot less.

At times he's looked like he was ready to fulfill the potential he undoubtedly has but for too long he's flattered to deceive (he's by no means alone in that respect though).

As for being loyal, the only thing I can see him being loyal to is the pay packet. It's not too long ago that he was holding out for better offers from anyone so that he could leave but, despite numerous come and get me pleas, he ended up staying.

Yeah, certainly wouldn't class him as loyal. He has only stayed this long because he didn't get a better offer elsewhere.

He clearly wants Prem football and if he performs well in the Euros he may well get that, if not though I can't see him getting it.

HRK was good on his day but the problem was those days were too few and far between. Not too fussed about any of these 3 leaving tbh, Ferdinand can't stay fit and we need better options than Cox even though I like the guy.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 May 2016 20:23

Royal Lady
Terminal Boardom I remember Royal Slag going on about how brilliant Simon Cox was and how we should never have let him go. How did that turn out you rancid old slapper?

Anton? Who?

He was brilliant - I remember him playing on the wing in the cup against Spurs or someone and he was really good. Never really given a chance - he is, however, 29 now, so his best days are probably behind him but I reckon he'll do very well next season, even if it is in a lower league.

I presume you are referring to me above btw - charming man you are! :lol:

Jamie Vardy is 29 as well.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 May 2016 07:11

RL is 3 times that age, approx

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jun 2016 13:32

Anton Ferdinand was still at Hogwood today, I would give him a new contract i dont know about anyone else

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jun 2016 14:06

linkenholtroyal Anton Ferdinand was still at Hogwood today, I would give him a new contract i dont know about anyone else

Yes I would too. Think I would be OK with a central defensive pairing of Ferdinand and McShane being covered by Cooper and Dickie (although I may try to add to that with a utility defender)

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jun 2016 14:25

Sutekh
linkenholtroyal Anton Ferdinand was still at Hogwood today, I would give him a new contract i dont know about anyone else

Yes I would too. Think I would be OK with a central defensive pairing of Ferdinand and McShane being covered by Cooper and Dickie (although I may try to add to that with a utility defender)

Wouldn't gravenberch be that other one??

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 29 Jun 2016 14:40

Regarding Ferdinand, he did look like a dead man walking even when he was deemed fit to play. He always looked like he was in some kind of pain and limping about the pitch.

We don't know really what kind of injury/fitness problems he is coping with. I agree that he is a good player and should be given a new contract based on his performances last season.

But perhaps the club haven't offered him a new deal because fitness wise, he is struggling.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jun 2016 14:54

Top Flight Regarding Ferdinand, he did look like a dead man walking even when he was deemed fit to play. He always looked like he was in some kind of pain and limping about the pitch.

We don't know really what kind of injury/fitness problems he is coping with. I agree that he is a good player and should be given a new contract based on his performances last season.

But perhaps the club haven't offered him a new deal because fitness wise, he is struggling.

Perhaps they are leaving the choice to Stam, this the player this is the wages he was on, if you think you can find anyone better for the same. See what you think. If the choice is Ferdinand or nothing I know which I would take

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Jun 2016 16:16

I'd not have him. He was good for the early part of the season, but as mentioned above looked leaden thereafter. No need.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 Jun 2016 17:11

Successful teams need to have a consistent defence. We will never get consistency out of Ferdinand. In fact no one has got more than 7 games in a row out of him for the past 8 seasons. There's no point in having him as injury cover because he'll most likely be injured himself. Time to go.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Jun 2016 18:12

Best defender at the club last season. Should be given another year if he can prove his fitness.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jun 2016 20:06

Not a good idea to have him as a central part of the plans, but give him a pay as you play and tiny basic, plus training facilities and have him as an emergency and it'd be fine. But we really need to be building forward, and he's not going to play half a season, let alone a full one. Shouldn't be first, second or third choice, maybe not even fourth

136 posts