Thanks Brian!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thanks Brian!

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 May 2016 18:46

No Fixed Abode
Jagermesiter1871 We deserve everything we're going to get.

A better manager?

:lol: I can't think of any decent managers willing to join this farce, for the shit wages we'll offer.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 21:34

floyd__streete Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision today, a big thank you is due to Brian McDermott for the way in which he conducted himself during a difficult few months for the club and for himself. There are a number of moments from your first very successful spell which are up there in terms of my very favourite memories in the 30 years which have passed since my first Reading game. Not to mention of course the part you played in a very successful era before you became manager.

I genuinely believe you have the club at heart, thanks for some good memories and all the very best for your future.

Well said. No way to treat a Reading Legend

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 May 2016 21:39

Good luck Brian. As sad as I am that you are gone I'm glad that you are away from these clueless owners and the Longhorn's of this world.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 May 2016 22:01

sandman Good luck Brian. As sad as I am that you are gone I'm glad that you are away from these clueless owners and the Longhorn's of this world.

^
This

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 May 2016 00:04

Thank you Brian.

RIP Reading FC.

You will never see another £ of mine again.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 May 2016 00:11

^ this

Although I will happily spend my hard-earnt once again....once the current incumbant incompetent asset rapists have gone

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 28 May 2016 00:44

Thank you Brian McDermott indeed. Quite simply, he is my favourite Reading manager of them all.

He represents so many of the values that the current owners completely lack.

And he's done far more for this football club than the current owners are ever likely to do.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 28 May 2016 00:44

Thank you Brian McDermott indeed. Quite simply, he is my favourite Reading manager of them all.

He represents so many of the values that the current owners completely lack.

And he's done far more for this football club than the current owners are ever likely to do.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 28 May 2016 01:19

Top bloke, sad to see him leave in such a way after years of hard work.
Thank You Brian

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 28 May 2016 09:28

photographer If it was Adkins who returned and managed the team like this, you'll be calling for his head. But because it's dear old Brian, there's double standards.

Because Adkins was a perma-tanned scouse skate twat, whilst McDermott is Reading through and through.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 28 May 2016 12:46

This is great. Lets hope all the fans crying "oooh you'll never see a penny of mine again" decide to actually go and support someone else. Please, please go.

Christ. The man hideously underperformed, whichever way you look at it.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 28 May 2016 19:33

Rollerbob This is great. Lets hope all the fans crying "oooh you'll never see a penny of mine again" decide to actually go and support someone else. Please, please go.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, winning the league and failing to compete with hundreds of millions spent on established premier league clubs is seriously underperforming in every way possible except, in the world where facts matter! :wink:

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 30 May 2016 08:33

Eaststandman
Rollerbob This is great. Lets hope all the fans crying "oooh you'll never see a penny of mine again" decide to actually go and support someone else. Please, please go.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, winning the league and failing to compete with hundreds of millions spent on established premier league clubs is seriously underperforming in every way possible except, in the world where facts matter! :wink:

Ah, you are confusing Brian's first spell with his second. No point debating his first spell, the Thais sacked him based on his second spell. They sacked him, because he showed zero improvement on Clarke's reign. You can't just sit there for half a year and make no improvement.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 May 2016 09:14

I though this was an appreciation thread?

If you want to have a pop at Brian there's a number of other threads you're more than welcome to contribute to. Just not this one.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 30 May 2016 22:19

photographer Thanks for what? Playing crap football, getting us relegated and generally being a poor manager?

You only like him not because of his actual merits, but because he's 'such a nice guy'. :lol:

Photographer, when there is a discussion between two parties facts, claims and theories are shared, even when it gets a bit heated both sides need to continue to contribute with a rational argument. Should one party get abusive then this party will have lost the argument.

However, that does not apply in this case, photographer......... you're an asshole!

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 31 May 2016 04:06

I can't believe that RFC has screwed you yet again Brian..........and us at the same time!

I hope these owners understand that the LFC miracle was in fact a growth story of a number of Seasons.........and the person,I personally feel, who was the most suitable to plant the seeds, and grow RFC into the success they crave..............they just fired ,....
...giving him no chance to show them his greatest talent.......sad.......

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 31 May 2016 04:18

Rollerbob
Eaststandman

Ah, you are confusing Brian's first spell with his second. No point debating his first spell, the Thais sacked him based on his second spell. They sacked him, because he showed zero improvement on Clarke's reign. You can't just sit there for half a year and make no improvement.

It was pretty clear that Brian was aware from day one of his second stint, that he would not be able to count on any of the loan players.....and also a number of the older RFC players for his next full season, so that he would have to be looking at a rebuild right from the off...........money did not appear to be overly available.......nor did there appear to be a clear understanding of what this takes, as far as the owners are concerned....they appear to be what I call..."boys with toys" changing their minds with the very next eggspurt that whispers in to their ears.........May Good help RFC....and Btrian....

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 31 May 2016 13:02

photographer Thanks for what?

First time I have seen one of your posts.......... best stay in your 'Dark Room' if I were you :wink:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 14:16

Thanks Brian.

You are one of the Reading FC legends and will always be welcome in the East Stand.

I hope our owners will change again in the future and I hope you will be back.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2016 14:31

photographer
SCIAG
Dave Kitson, Ibrahima Sonko, Glen Little, Leroy Lita, Brynjar Gunnarsson - all players identified by McDermott. Throw in Jimmy Kebe and Andre Bikey too.

So the best players he's scouted are 1 season wonders, players who 'play-when-they-want', benchwarmers and Bikey. OK then
I wouldn't call any of the above 1 season wonders (except maybe Kebe), considering they were key members of the team that won the championship with 106 points and then followed it up with our best ever league finish in the premier league.

Bikey isn't a 1 season wonder as I don't think he even had 1 great season.