Is this the end for Madejski?

130 posts
poohs pure

Re: Is this the end for Madejski?

by poohs pure » 14 Jun 2016 04:04

Lower West
poohs pure Hopefully JM is on his way out of the door. He has systematically used Reading FC to further his own business interests and massage his ego. The so called Reading way was simply clever spin designed to hide a lack of ambition and true investment.

Not a true Reading fan by the sounds of it. Just a plastic glory hunter.

Sums JM up perfectly and couldn't have put it better myself, well done you.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 14 Jun 2016 08:10

blueroyals Time to get rid of them

Its not time to get 'rid of' anybody, its time for the club to start behaving with a bit of dignity. Stay classy Reading.

Sums JM up perfectly and couldn't have put it better myself, well done you.

That makes no sense, he wanted to KEEP the manager with the low Win:loss ratio, remember?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 14 Jun 2016 08:16

poohs pure Hopefully JM is on his way out of the door. He has systematically used Reading FC to further his own business interests and massage his ego. The so called Reading way was simply clever spin designed to hide a lack of ambition and true investment.

+ 1

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Jun 2016 08:54

LOL @ having a pop at Madejski for giving a straight answer to a straight question and also accusing him of spin.

Basically (and it's always the same people) if he says what you want to hear it's ok but if he doesn't, it's spin.

Stam's not an idiot. He knows who runs this club, who appointed him and who will ultimately decide his future. I doubt he gives a toss about the ramblings of a former owner who has no say in the club any more and in truth hasn't for some time.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 14 Jun 2016 09:38

Frankly, both JM and Howe are becoming an embarrassment . The Thais have put their money into the club and cleared our debt. Its their right to make their own decisions. I presume JM & NH recommended MacDermott and it was an abject failure. They should have the dignity to accept that. Howe now just seems concerned with keeping his job. JM would not have accepted such disloyalty - as shown in the press interview - if he was still in charge and I hope the Thais can now raise some money by selling the Stadium name but rename the North Stand to the Mad stand to acknowledge JM's great contribution to Reading in the past.

In my own personal experience Howe doesn't seem to care about the average fan. I have been a loyal fan for 54 years , rarely missing a game. Last season I wrote to him suggesting ways we could help new signings settle in more quickly at the club. Professionally I have some experience in this field. I hoped he would find some of my suggestions of interest. At worse I expected a thanks but no thanks. What I got was not even an acknowledgement - even though he knew I had been a season ticket holder since the 80's and supported Reading since 1962. Its no wonder fans are becoming disenchanted with the way football has changed.

NessaFromEldorado

by NessaFromEldorado » 14 Jun 2016 10:02

Vision LOL @ having a pop at Madejski for giving a straight answer to a straight question and also accusing him of spin.

Basically (and it's always the same people) if he says what you want to hear it's ok but if he doesn't, it's spin.

Stam's not an idiot. He knows who runs this club, who appointed him and who will ultimately decide his future. I doubt he gives a toss about the ramblings of a former owner who has no say in the club any more and in truth hasn't for some time.

I'm with Vision on this one.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2016 10:02

The only abject failure are these owners who purposefully undermined the previous manager at every turn and plotted behind his back to bring someone else in whilst he was still in the job. They talk about honour yet they've showed they have about as much honour as they have money, not a lot. They are a prime example of how football has changed for the worse.

Sir John actually had a bit of backbone, he's been lied to by two ownership groups now and the legacy he built Reading Football Club to be has been tarnished by Zingarevich and the Thai's. No wonder he's angry and upset, he's probably just as angry at himself for being conned twice.
Last edited by sandman on 14 Jun 2016 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jun 2016 10:11

NessaFromEldorado
Vision LOL @ having a pop at Madejski for giving a straight answer to a straight question and also accusing him of spin.

I'm with Vision on this one.
I'm loving the whole concept of this :lol: :lol: .....and of course the outpouring of such scorn from the great and good on here.

So what if our doddering old uncle John refuses to blow smoke up the arses of our new regime.

Guess he is in the priviledged position to to do so, but more please John

Oh, and good luck Jaap

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Jun 2016 10:12

This is Reading's support in 2016 summed up. Absolutely pathetic comments.

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 14 Jun 2016 10:15

sandman The only abject failure are these owners who purposefully undermined the previous manager at every turn and plotted behind his back to bring someone else in whilst he was still in the job. They talk about honour yet they've showed they have about as much honour as they have money, not a lot. They are a prime example of how football has changed.

Sir John actually had a bit of backbone, he's been lied to by two ownership groups now and the legacy he built Reading Football Club to be has been tarnished by Zingarevich and the Thai's. No wonder he's angry and upset, he's probably just as angry at himself for being conned twice.

+1

NessaFromEldorado

by NessaFromEldorado » 14 Jun 2016 10:18

Tony Le Mesmer

This is Reading's support in 2016 summed up. Absolutely pathetic comments.

I'm with Tony Le Mesmer on this one.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Jun 2016 10:29

Well done Sir John for speaking up.

There is nothing wrong with his comments. They don't undermine Stam or the board in any way. He told Stam that he supports him fully and genuinely wants him to succeed. We all want Stam to succeed. It was still wrong to sack Brian, but now we have to support Jaap.

The Thai's have brought a lot of extra pressure on to themselves. I don't think appointing Jaap is right for the club. When a younger up and coming manager does well, especially someone with Jaaps reputation as a player then big clubs will come calling. If he succeeds he will definitely leave us very quickly and that will create instability and could put a halt to our progress. (Examples of this Pardew, McGhee, Koeman, Pocchetino)

An older manager who has been around for a lot longer, will be a lot less likely to be poached by bigger clubs should he do well with us. Managers like Coppell or Allardyce or Pulis or Warnock or McDermott don't tend to get poached even when they are doing well. That would have been better for our longer term stability and continuation of progress.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jun 2016 10:34

In order to get his ego massaged he needed to be adored by the fans and for that to happen he did invest some of his own funds, plus he was local and there was nobody else willing to buy the club, invest in a new stadium and keep it running well when other clubs were folding.

Does anyone think the Thai's are in it for anything else other than to systematically further their own business interests? - Unlike Sir John, They don't have to live round here or care what the people of Reading thing about them as it won't damage their business reputation or ego, So maybe SIr John's ego was a good thing? Maybe having the stadium named after himself shows he was a part of the club and wanted it to succeed - Nobody wants to have something crap named after them.

Sir John had ambition but not the funds to take us forward, He is on record stating that. This is partly due to some business issues (printing company/others in decline, property market crashing/losing money on the station hill redevelopment etc) Hence why he was looking for a buyer long before Anton came along.... he obviously expected to make money on the station hill development and probably thought he'd be much wealthier now and maybe not forced to sell the club on.

Madejski is better off out of it, A football club is a moneypit, even if run well. He should retire and enjoy life with his family and his fortune. I thank him for all he has done for the club, or for himself which has by chance benefited the club. I genuinely think he is upset at the way the club is being run and wishes he never had to sell..... but, it's only when he's gone and fans look back that they will appreciate how fortunately they are, those who marched against the Thames Valley Royals probably have a better perspective than the fans who never set foot in Elm Park.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jun 2016 10:43

SJM likes having his ego massaged but he's handed over the reigns of his fiefdom and I see it as his way of saying "don't blame me if it all goes tits up"

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jun 2016 11:00

Nigel Howe admits he was left stunned by Sir John Madejski’s ‘remarkable’ comments during Jaap Stam’s press conference on Monday.

Having welcomed the Dutchman to Reading, Madejski decided to take the opportunity to criticise the club’s owners' decision to fire previous boss Brian McDermott after just six months in charge.

He said: “I wish that Brian had been given a bit longer but the shareholders decided it was time for a change.

“I respect the shareholders’ decision even though I didn’t agree with the decision that Brian shouldn’t have stayed longer."

The co-chairman’s awkward comments came while he was sitting just inches away from shareholder Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, who owns 25 per cent of the club along with Sasima Srivikorn and Narin Niruttinanon.

Sitting on the other side of Thanakarnjanasuth was Howe, who was clearly unimpressed by the timing of Madejski's outburst.

“I thought that was a remarkable statement - even by Sir John’s standards,” Reading’s chief executive told BBC Radio Berkshire.

“But Sir John we know has a tendency to be a bit off the wall at times.

“I think probably because he wasn’t part of the selection process, because as we know he’s not part of the running of the club on an active basis anymore, he probably felt he wanted to vent himself and he was given a platform to do so.

“I would have hoped he would have picked a different forum to do that.”

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-11469836

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 14 Jun 2016 11:14

sandman The only abject failure are these owners who purposefully undermined the previous manager at every turn and plotted behind his back to bring someone else in whilst he was still in the job. They talk about honour yet they've showed they have about as much honour as they have money, not a lot. They are a prime example of how football has changed for the worse.

Thats the same Sir John who sold the club to a skint Russian without due dilligence which nearly saw us go bust, and then sold the club to the same "abject failure owners" who cleared the debt that Sir John had helped to create!

How has he been conned, he got exactly what he wanted out of the Thai deal, his money back and a nice little penthouse at the top of the Madstad without any of the stress of owning and running a Championship club, that still incidently is named after him, I bet he feels really conned with that sort of deal.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 14 Jun 2016 11:32

I doubt Stam will last 6 months at Reading. It's become a divided club, absent owners for most of the time, squabbling ex chairman with a short fuse and a nodding dog chief executive. The "Reading Way" shit spoken in every sentence . I reckon a few good results and he will leave little big town. 5/1 shot for gone by Dec 31st 16?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2016 11:37

Dixeyroyal
sandman The only abject failure are these owners who purposefully undermined the previous manager at every turn and plotted behind his back to bring someone else in whilst he was still in the job. They talk about honour yet they've showed they have about as much honour as they have money, not a lot. They are a prime example of how football has changed for the worse.

Thats the same Sir John who sold the club to a skint Russian without due dilligence which nearly saw us go bust, and then sold the club to the same "abject failure owners" who cleared the debt that Sir John had helped to create!

How has he been conned, he got exactly what he wanted out of the Thai deal, his money back and a nice little penthouse at the top of the Madstad without any of the stress of owning and running a Championship club, that still incidently is named after him, I bet he feels really conned with that sort of deal.

Have I stumbled on a competition to write the most ridiculous, unfounded pair of posts on HNA ? You two should be writing leaflets for the two referendum cabals with the ability to pen rubbish like that !

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 14 Jun 2016 11:57

Nameless
Dixeyroyal

Have I stumbled on a competition to write the most ridiculous, unfounded pair of posts on HNA ? You two should be writing leaflets for the two referendum cabals with the ability to pen rubbish like that !

My apologies that my posts do not meet with your approval, and please explain which part of my post is either ridiculous or unfounded, considering that the main point (Sir John's selling of the club to a Russian with no money) is fact quoted by Sir John himself, who also stated that "more thorough due dilligence" should have taken place.

Secondly if you dont like the posts then dont oxf*rd read them and bother yourself with replying you knob!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Jun 2016 12:01

SJM will have to swallow a lot of arslikhan to have a stand named after him now

130 posts