Gunter / HRK / Wales

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gunter / HRK / Wales

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jun 2016 22:05

Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 29 Jun 2016 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Jun 2016 22:06

muirinho To me it's like watching say Leyton Orient taking on Man City. Unless you support Man City, you'll really want Orient to win, and absolute bonus if it's because City are shocking. Doesn't mean you hate City, or have a chip in your shoulder about big clubs or anything like that.

Isn't what you've described exactly like that?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Jun 2016 23:43

Platypuss
muirinho To me it's like watching say Leyton Orient taking on Man City. Unless you support Man City, you'll really want Orient to win, and absolute bonus if it's because City are shocking. Doesn't mean you hate City, or have a chip in your shoulder about big clubs or anything like that.

Isn't what you've described exactly like that?

Really? Are you saying that everybody who wants a Cupset has a chip on their shoulder about big clubs? I guess in that case my chip is so ingrained I don't even know I have it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jun 2016 09:47

I think today is the day I block Dave, he was somewhat amusing to have around when, whoever plays his persona was just portraying him as a bit thick but all he does now is insult people so I've lost all interest.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jun 2016 09:53

It was him and some other twat (or maybe not) last night but a mod deleted their posts, hence me blanking out my posts as they would have made little sense in isolation.

Trolling only really works whilst its still funny, original and makes a point.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Jun 2016 10:44

muirinho
Maguire Welsh people in petty-minded inferiority complex shocker.

I'd say I've been supportive of Wales thus far but when they do eventually get knocked out I'll probably take a moment to chuckle at the likes of Ashley Williams weeping into the turf.

I don't think it's inferiority complex - or at least, not completely - To me it's like watching say Leyton Orient taking on Man City. Unless you support Man City, you'll really want Orient to win, and absolute bonus if it's because City are shocking. Doesn't mean you hate City, or have a chip in your shoulder about big clubs or anything like that.

I can understand wanting an underdog to win, sure. But if Leyton Orient beat City in the cup I wouldn't go mental and pile on all my mates.

It's totally understandable why people watch that video and think "fukk you then". Massive overreaction from the Welsh who made their feelings completely clear.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Jun 2016 12:32

Think we should be proud that our two biggest underachievers have made the quarters in the Euros. So........good luck to to Gunter, HRK can do one and let's hope Belgium tear them apart.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jun 2016 12:34

Zammo Think we should be proud that our two biggest underachievers have made the quarters in the Euros. So........good luck to to Gunter, HRK can do one and let's hope Belgium tear them apart.

I have Belgium in my work sweepstakes so I have double incentive for them to smash Wales.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 01 Jul 2016 10:24

Belgium are my sweeps team too, looking out for them and Iceland now

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Jul 2016 14:43

Maguire
muirinho
Maguire Welsh people in petty-minded inferiority complex shocker.

I'd say I've been supportive of Wales thus far but when they do eventually get knocked out I'll probably take a moment to chuckle at the likes of Ashley Williams weeping into the turf.

I don't think it's inferiority complex - or at least, not completely - To me it's like watching say Leyton Orient taking on Man City. Unless you support Man City, you'll really want Orient to win, and absolute bonus if it's because City are shocking. Doesn't mean you hate City, or have a chip in your shoulder about big clubs or anything like that.

I can understand wanting an underdog to win, sure. But if Leyton Orient beat City in the cup I wouldn't go mental and pile on all my mates.

It's totally understandable why people watch that video and think "fukk you then". Massive overreaction from the Welsh who made their feelings completely clear.

I was fully prepared to support Wales, but having seen the video I'd like to go one better; I hope they lose miserably and Gunter never plays for Reading again. If a few other Welsh players had their legs broken and careers ruined that would please me greatly also. Their complete over reaction and petty mindedness has no place in modern football. The taffy pcunts!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Jul 2016 15:06

:lol: :lol: :lol:

its like no ones ever spoken to a welsh person before

of course they hate us, have an unhealthy obsession with us, and love to see us lose to anyone, in anything

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Jul 2016 17:07

Scutterbucketz I hope they lose miserably and Gunter never plays for Reading again. If a few other Welsh players had their legs broken and careers ruined that would please me greatly also. Their complete over reaction and petty mindedness has no place in modern football. The taffy pcunts!

!!!!
Hope you're taking the piss, because that is the most precious spoilt-toddler-tantrum ever.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jul 2016 17:10

muirinho
Scutterbucketz I hope they lose miserably and Gunter never plays for Reading again. If a few other Welsh players had their legs broken and careers ruined that would please me greatly also. Their complete over reaction and petty mindedness has no place in modern football. The taffy pcunts!

!!!!
Hope you're taking the piss, because that is the most precious spoilt-toddler-tantrum ever.

Whoooosh!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Jul 2016 17:11

From Despair To Where?
muirinho

!!!!

Whoooosh!

Dammit :oops:

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Jul 2016 17:17

LOLzy.

I do hope they lose though, but I doubt I'll be jumping up and down like they were. Classless pricks.

If they get through I'll want them to beat Ronaldo's Portugal to make it through to the final. And then get beat in spectacular fashion, Football is such a mind field of complex emotions.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jul 2016 18:39

Scutterbucketz LOLzy.

I do hope they lose though, but I doubt I'll be jumping up and down like they were. Classless pricks.

If they get through I'll want them to beat Ronaldo's Portugal to make it through to the final. And then get beat in spectacular fashion, Football is such a mind field of complex emotions.

Precisely, I get their reaction, I'd probably be laughing too if the situation were reversed but why post it? Just shows they are classless pricks. I would bet anything the England team wouldn't be sitting there jumping for joy if Wales had lost to Northern Ireland.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jul 2016 20:07

tidus_mi2 I would bet anything the England team wouldn't be sitting there jumping for joy if Wales had lost to Northern Ireland.

No, the England players are too far up their own arseholes to notice anything beyond the end of their noses.

To be honest, I see that Welsh video as a sign of team spirit and togetherness.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jul 2016 21:01

BBC showed a list of which academies England and Wales players came from, gave HRK to Arsenal, do they claim greater responsibility for his development or do we?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 01 Jul 2016 21:15

Seriously. Was that HRK scoring that second goal for Wales? I mean seriously :shock:

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 01 Jul 2016 21:15

That goal against Belgium might have boosted his sale price a bit, huh?