Re: Swindon Town (A) Friendly

by muirinho » 20 Jul 2016 17:12

LWJ Keown was first half.

Yep, misread it.

K9hassel

by K9hassel » 20 Jul 2016 18:08

maffff
bobby1413 It was the same fckers who were acting up at Blackburn last season. The ones who sit near the top of Y25.

Ugh, I remember these oxf*rd from the Blackburn game.

The chunky Ginger in the middle reminds me of the sign that used to hang over The Jolly Porter

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jul 2016 19:13

TFF
As said previously, both CBs had a shocker - letting Swindon through time after time. A decent team would have been 4 up half an hour into the second half.

Keep matters in perspective. A triallist and an U21 playing together for the first time in a competitive match. Against what was effectively an established first 11 in league 1.

With the number of new players going to be plenty of occasions when the first team is going to look like a bunch of strangers this year.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 20 Jul 2016 19:48

maffff Wasn't Curtis Ujah a Reading academy lad once upon a time?

He was, remember him well, seem to remember he left around the same time as Pierre Joseph-Dubois early in 2007. Not entirely sure but think they shared the same agent.

On another note, weird to see some new signings starting last night that I've not heard of (though come to think of it I was vaguely aware of Swift). Not sure I've ever been so out of touch going into a season! Only just found out that Tish has gone :shock: :(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2016 19:59

muirinho
TFF
SydenhamRoyal who was the number 5 last night, playing at right back in the second half?

in my considered opinion he was shit, and there was universal consensus on that point from everyone around

Not sure who he was but 'greed. Needed far too much time on the ball and was far too easily closed down/forced into an error.

RB in the first half (Keown?) was better but their left winger left him for dead on more than one occasion.

Wasn't there, but looking at first half team and second half team, it looks like Sean Long was there in the first half, and Keown replaced him at half time.
Tennai Watson went to the Netherlands, and I'm pretty sure played RB, neither of the above two went - even though they had squad numbers last season, and Watson didn't. Has he leap-frogged them?
Sounds like we'll definitely need a RB if/when Chris Gunter goes - Watson is only 19 and as far as I know has never been out on loan even. And the two that are more senior to him don't sound like they are much cop.
In fact we may well need an RB even if Gunts stays - he has had zero competition for the last two years tbh.

Watson definitely looked a better prospect than Long when they were in the U18s and U21s respectively a few seasons ago.

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Jul 2016 22:38

Tanner did well by all accounts and keeps featuring under Stam. Anyone know if he's still out of contract? The only details I can find online say his contract ended in June.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jul 2016 22:51

Esteban Tanner did well by all accounts and keeps featuring under Stam. Anyone know if he's still out of contract? The only details I can find online say his contract ended in June.

His contract expires next summer.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 21 Jul 2016 04:24

LWJ The stand out player for me was Swift who looked a class above everyone else on the pitch in the first half. Shame he went off at half time as we didn't look as good after that.

Agree with this, Swift was fantastic and looks a real skilful player with a nice touch.

Overall a really enjoyable game in the evening sunshine with a great vocal support from us, also loved the smoke bomb at the most random time in the most unexpected place haha

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Jul 2016 08:10

Rea Ding
LWJ The stand out player for me was Swift who looked a class above everyone else on the pitch in the first half. Shame he went off at half time as we didn't look as good after that.

Agree with this, Swift was fantastic and looks a real skilful player with a nice touch.

Overall a really enjoyable game in the evening sunshine with a great vocal support from us, also loved the smoke bomb at the most random time in the most unexpected place haha

Made me laugh that hours before the game I saw on Instagram that one Reading fan posted a pic of his match ticket and a smoke grenade stating he was looking forward to the game #nopyronoparty

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jul 2016 17:53

K9hassel
maffff
bobby1413 It was the same fckers who were acting up at Blackburn last season. The ones who sit near the top of Y25.

The chunky Ginger in the middle reminds me of the sign that used to hang over The Jolly Porter

I think the beardy ginger one is the guy who spends all game shouting out C***, as if it's his favourite new swear word.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jul 2016 18:26

I see we're being generous in what constitutes a beard these days.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Jul 2016 22:41

Not sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw this pic. I mean FFS. Is this what it has come to?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 21 Jul 2016 23:28

bobby1413
Rea Ding

Made me laugh that hours before the game I saw on Instagram that one Reading fan posted a pic of his match ticket and a smoke grenade stating he was looking forward to the game #nopyronoparty

Wasn't even that bloke, the Instagram guy goes with the guys who were at the front of the side stand in the picture, wasn't behind the goal :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jul 2016 09:09

tmesis
K9hassel
maffff

I think the beardy ginger one is the guy who spends all game shouting out C***, as if it's his favourite new swear word.

These are the kind of tossers that put me off going. What do they get out of the game? They're clothes are terrible, they're way out of shape and only in their early 20's if that. Surely if you're watching a load of athletes performing then you'd be inspired to be fit/active like them? In the environment you have at most games I would be embarrassed to be swearing around kids and families like that, or rushing the stewards like on Tuesday when these are just people trying to earn their £50 for the night. Clowns.

Or have I just got old?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Jul 2016 09:27

The Cap Not sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw this pic. I mean FFS. Is this what it has come to?

Just be careful m8, some of that firm may be members here. The last thing you want is to pish one of them off.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 22 Jul 2016 15:49

John Smith
tmesis
K9hassel

These are the kind of tossers that put me off going. What do they get out of the game? They're clothes are terrible, they're way out of shape and only in their early 20's if that. Surely if you're watching a load of athletes performing then you'd be inspired to be fit/active like them? In the environment you have at most games I would be embarrassed to be swearing around kids and families like that, or rushing the stewards like on Tuesday when these are just people trying to earn their £50 for the night. Clowns.

Or have I just got old?

clothes = subjective
shape: one of them is fat the rest look ok, maybe a bit small but hard to assess

The guy on the far right looks like he can handle himself, the rest look like they're
prolly game but would need the numbers

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jul 2016 16:01

Brosef Stalin
John Smith
tmesis

Or have I just got old?

clothes = subjective
shape: one of them is fat the rest look ok, maybe a bit small but hard to assess

The guy on the far right looks like he can handle himself, the rest look like they're
prolly game but would need the numbers

Yeah but enough about your fantasy gay orgy.

boycey

by boycey » 22 Jul 2016 16:06

let the kids have their fun

wife and two kids

#nopeadonoparty

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 22 Jul 2016 16:57

Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on one photo (which shouldn't have been posted). Luckily, I'm sure you have perfect figures, know how to grow proper beards and are properly game. Relax, it's ok not to wear football shirts to football and it's ok to be young.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Jul 2016 17:13

Larry_Parnell Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on one photo (which shouldn't have been posted). Luckily, I'm sure you have perfect figures, know how to grow proper beards and are properly game. Relax, it's ok not to wear football shirts to football and it's ok to be young.

u ok hun? x