CONFIMRED: Russell Kempson

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

CONFIMRED: Russell Kempson

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 09 Aug 2016 17:37

No, not our new striker or yet another winger, but the much travelled, experienced and respected footy hack who is now writing a column for the EPo.

The former Times, Grauniad and Indie journo - following a stint at Richfield Avenue - has stuck the knife in to those with delusions of grandeur in his first column.

The funny thing is in the comments section which proves the point of the piece. Newcastle fans take a bow.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Russell Kempson

by Ouroboros » 09 Aug 2016 21:00

Right.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2016 21:38

Read the article, pretty weak stuff in all honesty.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2016 21:41

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Aug 2016 09:52

Link?

GloucestershireRoyal

Re: CONFIMRED: Russell Kempson

by GloucestershireRoyal » 10 Aug 2016 13:27

I've read the article myself and can understand the frustration of the Newcastle supporters. It's an upsetting and trivial piece of writing that should not have been published.

If I wanted to read such hatred I would pick up a copy of the Daily Mail and head over to Katie Hopkins' column! Absolutely disgraceful work by GetReading.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Aug 2016 13:30

What was said?

I guess it's all about the clickbait now

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Aug 2016 13:46

John Madejski's Wallet What was said?

I guess it's all about the clickbait now

I thought it was a bit cheap, but as you say, it obviously got traffic to the site, which is what they would be looking for

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-11724740

I've reproduced the bit about Newcastle

A most amusing aspect of the pre-season banter was the blinkered blathering from the fans of Newcastle United.
“We’ll soon be back where we belong,” they echoed, so confident of a swift return to the promised land of the Premier League.
Even given the fanatical loyalty of the Geordie hordes, I still find that a strange viewpoint.
Look at the EFL pyramid and the facts don’t lie.
Newcastle now “belong” in the Championship, having surrendered their elite status due to a dismal campaign last time around.
Delusions of grandeur are two a penny in England’s second tier.
Just glance at those who are still living on past glories as they struggle to regain their “rightful place” among the PL big boys.
A small sample - Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Derby County, Leeds United, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Many other lesser lights can be added to that list. Even if their stay in the top flight may have been brief, they also still feel a sense of belonging among England’s crème de la crème.
Reality checks arrive every week in the Championship. Fulham 1, Newcastle 0 at Craven Cottage last Friday immediately springs to mind.
“It’s a wake-up call,” Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez conceded. For him, his players … and their perennially deluded fans.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1