BFTG CARDIFF

Davezk

Re: BFTG CARDIFF

by Davezk » 28 Aug 2016 14:12

I heard Derby rejected a 7 mil bid for Martins. He won't be coming here.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Aug 2016 14:27

If Stam has worked out that we need a tackler in midfield and if VdB fits the bill then that's encouraging.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Aug 2016 14:47

CountryRoyal
The Prisoner
Maneki Neko Fcuk u

You are welcome.

At least we got some more actual comment and insight into the game with later posts.

My point was that all we had really had up to when I posted was some sh1tty chant, and that if we can't get to the games I want to hear what our fans made of the performance. I thank those who have posted since, with the possible exception of Maneki.

A bit silly when you said "objective reports". It's a fukking Reading forum.

Bit harsh on Brendy too given he started the thread with exactly what Prisoner was asking for.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Aug 2016 15:14

Maneki Neko
The Prisoner Didn't go today. Just wanted to say as someone who lives nowhere near Reading, and who relies on this thread for some degree of objective view from the game this has to be one of the worst BFTG threads for some time.

Some toss poem/chant seems to be the highlight.

Did anyone actually go?

Fcuk u
:roll:

Never forget that it's far more important to dream up the next piece of instantly forgettable shite to "sing" than talk about the match.

Back from the game is no longer worth the read because most of those with something worth posting gave up visiting this dump long ago.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2016 15:19

Woodcote Royal
Maneki Neko
The Prisoner Didn't go today. Just wanted to say as someone who lives nowhere near Reading, and who relies on this thread for some degree of objective view from the game this has to be one of the worst BFTG threads for some time.

Some toss poem/chant seems to be the highlight.

Did anyone actually go?

Fcuk u
:roll:

Never forget that it's far more important to dream up the next piece of instantly forgettable shite to "sing" than talk about the match.

Back from the game is no longer worth the read because most of those with something worth posting gave up visiting this dump long ago.

Examples?

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Aug 2016 15:25

leon If Stam has worked out that we need a tackler in midfield and if VdB fits the bill then that's encouraging.

It's fairly obvious that Stam always knew we needed a ball winner in midfield but he had to play VDB at the back because Cooper clearly isn't good enough on the ball for Stam. Now that we have Moore I think VDB will be a regular fuxture in midfield.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Aug 2016 15:54

I hope so

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2016 16:10

Maneki Neko
LumpWarden This was the worst attended championship football match I've ever been to - can't believe the official attendance of 15k - looked more like about 9k to me

Anyone who thinks the atmosphere at the madstad is bad should take a look in at Cardiff - truly woeful

Was pretty shocked by Cardiff. Agreed on those numbers, and no noise whatsoever.
Very poor

Reading gave no Cardiff no opportunity to get going. Crowds respond to what's happening on the pitch. The game plan silenced them.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2016 16:19

Nuremberg Royal Sounds promising from what you have said.
In what way was Blackett an improvement on Obita in your opinion? Good news if it continues.

Was a solid debut nothing more. Any player that's come through a premiership academy is going to be technically good. Can fill in centre half as well. Any player that's come through a premiership academy is going to be technically good, and is going to challenge our own home grown talent.

In Stam's post match interview. He seemed to be suggesting that Obita's role might be elsewhere. In midfield or on the wing.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2016 18:58

Lower West In Stam's post match interview. He seemed to be suggesting that Obita's role might be elsewhere. In midfield or on the wing.

On the bench!

I've not seen him play live yet but my expectation is that he'll be a more solid defensive option than Obita who in turn should, as a converted winger, offer a better attacking option. That means Stam has not only given himself cover and competition but different tactical options at left back as well.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2016 19:01

Platypuss Most importantly for the way we play AAH looks pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet.

He's rather hit and miss in that respect, IMO.

How the new guy trains on and competes for the number 1 will be interesting to watch.

jazz

by jazz » 28 Aug 2016 20:08

sloughroyal123 Unrelated note but Derby have just signed Matej Vydra fo £8 million :D :D

Equally unrelated, but Michall Antonio has been called up to the England squad.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2016 20:18

sloughroyal123 Unrelated note but Derby have just signed Matej Vydra fo £8 million :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluHwh3hJhI

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 29 Aug 2016 16:20

Very encouraged by the performance at the back, Moore as cool as a cucumber, Blackett solid too and perhaps time to push Obita forward to left wing, wasn't too impressed with Beerens again and he should have finished his chance.

Joey VDB - Imo man of the match, solid and won/intercepted when he had to. Also it was like watching a different player passing the ball and putting through Beerens and G Mac in behind the defence

If we pick up away wins like this, who will care how we did it come the end of the season, yes similar to LVG's philosophy but if we finish in the top 6 who cares about the backwards passing! I just want to see the team do well and it annoys me when clueless fans are moaning at the passing back. Just remember 6 months back when we were needlessly constantly pumping long balls back to the opposition.

All great teams are built on a solid defence and if we continue like this away, we will be in a very good position come the end of the season.

See past the frustrating away possession football, get behind the boys and take a look at the bigger picture!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Aug 2016 20:44

Listening to Man City vs West Ham yesterday on the radio. Man City played a very similar formation in first half, defensive midfielder dropping back with full backs pushing up wide and forward. . Guardiola was encouraging Stones to push forward into midfield when he had the ball and there was space. Perhaps this is what Stam is working towards. Why Copper wasn't his first choice.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 30 Aug 2016 10:26

remember 6 months back when we were needlessly constantly pumping long balls back to the opposition.

No

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Aug 2016 10:53

Lacoste

He is a top striker at this level. He'll bag 20 this season.

Mr Lacoste I will wager you that he won't as he is not a top striker at any level. Name your price

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2016 11:50

John Smith
Lacoste

He is a top striker at this level. He'll bag 20 this season.

Mr Lacoste I will wager you that he won't as he is not a top striker at any level. Name your price

i think he was joking. Vydra is broken.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 30 Aug 2016 18:16

How many away fans were there? I saw the goal and there looked to be about 53 fans in the away end. :shock:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Aug 2016 18:34

No Fixed Abode How many away fans were there? I saw the goal and there looked to be about 53 fans in the away end. :shock: