BFTG - Norwich home

141 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Norwich home

by Nameless » 27 Dec 2016 12:50

Silver Fox 2 points on McShane, firstly 'greed with the posts telling Alex Neil to wind his neck in. If your tactic at free kicks is to stand over the ball then expect to get it kicked at you and in that case don't use a player with poppadom ankles in this way.

Secondly, he was a bit of a shambles yesterday after getting that bang in the head early doors, every time AAH gave him the ball he didn't seem to know where he was. He probably should have been subbed and I wouldn't be surprised if he misses Friday with concussion

That's the bang on his head that saw the physio's tape up his wrist and him spend the rest of the match in pain from what looked like a nasty wrist injury ?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Dec 2016 14:05

Ooh, well done you, I assumed his wrist had been strapped from kick off. If that's the case what's his excuse for appearing so befuddled for the rest of the game?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Dec 2016 14:10

Silver Fox Ooh, well done you, I assumed his wrist had been strapped from kick off. If that's the case what's his excuse for appearing so befuddled for the rest of the game?

I'd guess his wrist was hurting like hell !
It got banged a couple of times during the game and he was clearly in pain.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 Dec 2016 14:46

Stranded
Nameless
sandman Rugby fans should be spending more time encouraging their own sport to sort out the way it deals with concussions before lecturing football on it's rules.

If you looked at any rugby forums you would find they are doing that. The George North situation has been universally condemned.
What is the football policy on concussion by the way ?
And of course no one has been lecturing football on it's rules, just suggesting that there is an obvious problem with ensuring fans are up to date with changes....

What he said.

Wasn't lecturing in the slightest merely citing an example of where a sport does all it can to ensure all those involved in the sport are aware of rule changes.

How hard would it be to put together a video like this to explain the change to offside for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6SKgwx7syo

In fairness all of those looks straight red card offences to me. But serves 'em right for picking up the ball in the first place.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2016 15:25

Silver Fox Ooh, well done you, I assumed his wrist had been strapped from kick off. If that's the case what's his excuse for appearing so befuddled for the rest of the game?

He's Irish...they're not the brightest

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 27 Dec 2016 16:00

Just seen highlights. Howson managed to chest it on the line ..... once. The other 3 touches were handball. :lol:
Maybe the ref could have played advantage & given us the goal ... then gone back and given him a red for each handball :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Dec 2016 16:02

If the ref had allowed the goal he could hardly gave sent Howson off for denying us a goal !
Could he have really stretched it and allowed the goal, sent Howson off AND given us a penalty ?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Dec 2016 16:05

BR0B0T

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 27 Dec 2016 16:18

For those arguing about offside free kick being given in own half, this explains it.
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

"If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play."

"Q3: The Law now says that the IDFK for offside can be taken in the player’s own half but how can this be correct?
It is correct because:
a player CAN NOT be in an offside POSITION in their own half
a player CAN commit an offside OFFENCE in their own half if they go back into their own half from an offside position "

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 27 Dec 2016 18:27

NewCorkSeth
BR0B0T

GO F YOURSELF

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2016 19:00

Winnershroyal
NewCorkSeth
BR0B0T

GO F YOURSELF

Think, he's talking to you Seth!!!

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 27 Dec 2016 19:25

BR0B0T
Winnershroyal
NewCorkSeth ...

GO F YOURSELF

I'm Irish too and a Doctor, but I'm thick as pig shit last time I checked.

Thought the days of cheap stereotyping were long gone :(

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2016 19:30

Emeraldroyal
BR0B0T
Winnershroyal
GO F YOURSELF

I'm Irish too and a Doctor

(

this seems unlikely

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 27 Dec 2016 19:32

BR0B0T
Emeraldroyal
BR0B0T

I'm Irish too and a Doctor

(

this seems unlikely

My diagnosis ?

You're not very funny :D

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 28 Dec 2016 00:41

Once again got away with one, up until the red card Norwich were all over us and I think they would have gone on to score another the way the game was going.

Very pleased and impressed with Liam Kelly what a great player and so glad to see him finally getting his chance, fought for everything and hit some great passes.

One area of concern for me although I could be looking into it too much. Joey Van Den Berg seems to take an age on the ball sometimes when the easy pass is on. Also there have been a few games where he has made near costly mistakes. I felt he was lucky with that tackle yesterday in the first half, it was very high from where I was sat. I personally would prefer Evans in that role myself.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 28 Dec 2016 01:46

sandman Rugby fans should be spending more time encouraging their own sport to sort out the way it deals with concussions before lecturing football on it's rules.

Since when were 'sports' fans restricted to following and/or commenting on any given sport ?

Anyway it was a valid point :roll:

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 28 Dec 2016 04:20

bracksroyal10 Once again got away with one, up until the red card Norwich were all over us and I think they would have gone on to score another the way the game was going.

One area of concern for me although I could be looking into it too much. Joey Van Den Berg seems to take an age on the ball sometimes when the easy pass is on. Also there have been a few games where he has made near costly mistakes. I felt he was lucky with that tackle yesterday in the first half, it was very high from where I was sat. I personally would prefer Evans in that role myself.

Couldn't agree more with both assertions!! Evans > JVDB in so many ways!!

And I also thought Norwich would beat us once that equaliser had gone in. They were by far the better side until that point although we did look dangerous when we attacked at speed. We were taken apart by Fulham less than a month ago. They had worked out how to nullify our passing game and could do the same on Friday unless the return of Swift and Kermie can prove otherwise.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Dec 2016 08:18

bracksroyal10 Once again got away with one, up until the red card Norwich were all over us and I think they would have gone on to score another the way the game was going.

You see this bit I don't buy. Norwich were on top but we were starting to get a foothold again. The handball basically stopped us scoring anyway (and you could argue that none of the players involved in the scramble stopped until the ball was in the goal anyway), so without it we would have been 2-1 up.

Norwich have very fragile confidence at the moment, so falling behind again so quickly having got level would have taken them a few minutes at least to get out of their systems. So don't agree we got away with one at all.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 28 Dec 2016 10:43

Stranded

You see this bit I don't buy. Norwich were on top but we were starting to get a foothold again. The handball basically stopped us scoring anyway (and you could argue that none of the players involved in the scramble stopped until the ball was in the goal anyway), so without it we would have been 2-1 up.

Norwich have very fragile confidence at the moment, so falling behind again so quickly having got level would have taken them a few minutes at least to get out of their systems. So don't agree we got away with one at all.

Agree with you on this to a degree Stranded, on reflection unlike the Sheffield game we managed to secure the three points and kill the game rather than have a panic in stoppage time and invite on pressure which we seem to do quite a lot!

The big positive is we now have options in our midfield from the starting XI all the way through to the bench with Williams & Swift returning, Kelly is like a new signing and offers a great range of passing and work rate in midfield. Stephen Quinn has also yet to come back too so plenty of experience/options now depending on the scenario going into the final stretch of a game.

Looking at it right now, I think with Kermorgant hitting form and Samuel stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't see it as a disaster if we fail to bring anyone in come the end of January. It would certainly take a very good 15-20 goal a season striker to become available for any trasnfer to happen. Securing GMac, Williams and Kelly on new deals for me is a bigger priority.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Dec 2016 12:31

bracksroyal10
Stranded

Agree with you on this to a degree Stranded, on reflection unlike the Sheffield game we managed to secure the three points and kill the game rather than have a panic in stoppage time and invite on pressure which we seem to do quite a lot!

The big positive is we now have options in our midfield from the starting XI all the way through to the bench with Williams & Swift returning, Kelly is like a new signing and offers a great range of passing and work rate in midfield. Stephen Quinn has also yet to come back too so plenty of experience/options now depending on the scenario going into the final stretch of a game.

Looking at it right now, I think with Kermorgant hitting form and Samuel stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't see it as a disaster if we fail to bring anyone in come the end of January. It would certainly take a very good 15-20 goal a season striker to become available for any trasnfer to happen. Securing GMac, Williams and Kelly on new deals for me is a bigger priority.

Williams will be gone. No-way will Reading offer him a contract anywhere near the money he`s been on for the last 4 years.

141 posts