Rival Watch

17149 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by John Smith » 06 Jan 2020 15:12

I see Harry Arter scored goal of the round in the FA Cup this weekend, against Premier League opposition, further proving his ability to perform at the highest level

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 15:15

John Smith I see Harry Arter scored goal of the round in the FA Cup this weekend, against Premier League opposition, further proving his ability to perform at the highest level

He was magnificent too by all accounts.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jan 2020 15:16

John Smith I see Harry Arter scored goal of the round in the FA Cup this weekend, against Premier League opposition, further proving his ability to perform at the highest level

Odd that the goal of the round has already been awarded with one tie still left to play... Could get a decent one from either a Leeds player or an Arsenal player.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Jan 2020 15:35

Out of interest, who has said he isn't quality?
Surely his 3 seasons has already proved he is good enough for the Prem?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2020 15:35

Noone, it's just one of John Smith's tired memes

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jan 2020 15:46

Coppells Lost Coat

If you go to the BFTG Fulham (h) thread then you wil see plenty of doubters. Basically just biased, blinkered fools who don't know enough about the game to accept one of the opposition is better than our players.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2020 16:05

John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat

If you go to the BFTG Fulham (h) thread then you wil see plenty of doubters. Basically just biased, blinkered fools who don't know enough about the game to accept one of the opposition is better than our players.

Change the record.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 20:32

All jokes aside Leeds looking superb against Arsenal thus far.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 06 Jan 2020 20:37

Old Man Andrews All jokes aside Leeds looking superb against Arsenal thus far.

Hurts me to say being married to a Leeds supporting Yorkshire lass but they certainly look impressive. Bit more composure up front and they could have had this sewn up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2020 20:44

Yep, looking very assured, but quite a lot of that is just how awful Arsenal have been.

I'd be pretty confident of us beating Arsenal comfortably based on their first half. Incredibly sloppy in defence, absent in midfield and seem to think they just need to run at the goal, no passing allowed.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2020 21:16

Love a bit of Alex Scott.

Especially how her mere existence winds up the dinosaurs.
Last edited by sandman on 06 Jan 2020 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2020 22:05

Arsenal was dismal first half but dealt with them comfortably second

If they go up they best get used to losing to mid table prem sides

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2020 23:08

Who ever goes up this season needs to up their game considerably. No team is outstanding.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2020 23:32

Lower West Who ever goes up this season needs to up their game considerably. No team is outstanding.

Norwich stand out team last year, really struggling this year whereas United settled have settled in very well

If both promoted as expected, could see Leeds adapting better to the PL than WBA, especially judging by tonight’s performance

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 07:48

I think 1 quality player at goalkeeper, defence, midfield and up front Leeds are a fairly decent Premier League outfit. Getting a striker in is crucial for them, they are desperate for one. Bamford would struggle in an under 11's league.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jan 2020 08:58

Old Man Andrews I think 1 quality player at goalkeeper, defence, midfield and up front Leeds are a fairly decent Premier League outfit. Getting a striker in is crucial for them, they are desperate for one. Bamford would struggle in an under 11's league.

They'd need to get a lot of new players in. Think their keeper looked handy last night actually

But White will go, Cooper isn't up to it. Neither is Bamford or Klich on last nights evidence. Harrison is good, they might be able to get him permanently but maybe not. Costa was binned pretty quickly by Wolves and seems to not be completely to Bielsa's liking.

I can imagine too many of who played yesterday would be first choice in the Prem. Phillips, yes probably - though untested against the best (and tbf Ejaria bossed him at Madejski), Ayling possibly. Hernandez probably too old.

They are quite a big draw though and would no doubts attract some decent players, but they'd need a very good summer window

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jan 2020 09:00

Hound
Old Man Andrews I think 1 quality player at goalkeeper, defence, midfield and up front Leeds are a fairly decent Premier League outfit. Getting a striker in is crucial for them, they are desperate for one. Bamford would struggle in an under 11's league.

They'd need to get a lot of new players in. Think their keeper looked handy last night actually

But White will go, Cooper isn't up to it. Neither is Bamford or Klich on last nights evidence. Harrison is good, they might be able to get him permanently but maybe not. Costa was binned pretty quickly by Wolves and seems to not be completely to Bielsa's liking.

I can imagine too many of who played yesterday would be first choice in the Prem. Phillips, yes probably - though untested against the best (and tbf Ejaria bossed him at Madejski), Ayling possibly. Hernandez probably too old.

They are quite a big draw though and would no doubts attract some decent players, but they'd need a very good summer window

So hopefully if they don’t bottle it again they’ll go straight down. Excellent news.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 09:00

Hound

Think the manager is a huge draw, especially for South American players. I am not actually sure how much money they have tbh, not too up on their ownership situation.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jan 2020 09:01

Hound

Pretty much this, but as we saw with Fulham last year, throwing money at the situation doesn't always work.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 09:01

leon
Hound

So hopefully if they don’t bottle it again they’ll go straight down. Excellent news.

You shouldn't want that as a neutral, you're just trying to be edgy as per usual. Leeds United in the top flight having games against Manchester United, Chelsea etc is good for football.

17149 posts