URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by URZZZZ » 28 Jul 2020 14:24

Hound
URZZZZ
Hound
surprised to be honest. Thought it was a clear red

Nah, was an awful call from an awful referee and could potentially cost Brentford a place in the premier league as they were the better team before that

its one of those - he touched the ball so its claimed to be not a foul - but if it'd been a millisecond later, it'd been a leg breaker. Hence why i'd consider it a red.

It was given as dangerous conduct is assume? Hence its always pretty subjective, so think it should have stayed with the ref

In the midst of the situation, can see why it was given because of the actions of Henry, and it didn’t look a great tackle

But on replay, whilst it could be viewed as dangerous, you’d be issuing loads of red cards each game if that counts as one. Think that’s where VAR could have been useful

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jul 2020 14:39

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Hendo Red card has been rescinded for the Brentford lad.

Poor decision, once more the referee is undermined for no good reason.

The fact it wasn't even a foul doesn't help the referee.

It was a foul I the referee’s opinion and the pictures seem to support that....presumably no reason has been given for overturn g it ?
Rescinding should only ever be on the basis of fact, not just a difference of opinion.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2020 14:48

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ
Nah, was an awful call from an awful referee and could potentially cost Brentford a place in the premier league as they were the better team before that

its one of those - he touched the ball so its claimed to be not a foul - but if it'd been a millisecond later, it'd been a leg breaker. Hence why i'd consider it a red.

It was given as dangerous conduct is assume? Hence its always pretty subjective, so think it should have stayed with the ref

In the midst of the situation, can see why it was given because of the actions of Henry, and it didn’t look a great tackle

But on replay, whilst it could be viewed as dangerous, you’d be issuing loads of red cards each game if that counts as one. Think that’s where VAR could have been useful

I’m not sure that’s true. How often do you see people running at full pelt before diving into a tackle with their studs up?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 14:57

Hound
URZZZZ
Hound

I’m not sure that’s true. How often do you see people running at full pelt before diving into a tackle with their studs up?

Not very.

Having watched it, I don't think that's a red. It's not that close and he's going across the player, not in to him and in control imo.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2020 15:56

URZZZZ
Hound
Old Man Andrews The fact it wasn't even a foul doesn't help the referee.

He's been around in the Championship for years, consistently awful. Theres a reason why he has never been promoted.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jul 2020 17:28

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Hound

He's been around in the Championship for years, consistently awful. Theres a reason why he has never been promoted.

Although being a consistent member of the Championship officials list means you are one of the highest rated 25-30 refs around and if you don’t come up to standard you woukdn’t Be getting games at that level.
Just to put the opposite spin on it...

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jul 2020 20:34

Hendo
Hound
Jackson Corner How do Fulham escape FFP?

by getting promoted presumably

They also have parachute payments so probably have the grace of a year or two before anything serious, much like Villa. They had to go up otherwise they were going to be screwed.

And, as far as I know, infrastructure investment is outside FFP (in this case stadium improvements)

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 20:53

leon
Hendo
tidus_mi2 Be interesting if Bournemouth do end up sueing over the missed Sheffield United goal against Villa, with parachute payments, a hefty payout from Hawkeye or the PL will surely give Bournemouth way too much of a financial advantage next season.

That said I don't think they would be successful if they should, just thinking hypothetically if they were to win such a case.

Don’t think there is much chance of that. It’s a pretty thin argument to point at that one specific moment which sent them down over the course of a 38 game season in which they lost 22 games.

Yeah. As presedents go - it would be pretty monumentally bad for sport.

For sure, surely all teams could point to one or more moments in a season that were defining. Surely there must have been points Bournemouth won over the season that could have been controversial

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 20:54

URZZZZ
Hound
Old Man Andrews The fact it wasn't even a foul doesn't help the referee.

Maybe they could sue someone

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jul 2020 19:08

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Poor decision, once more the referee is undermined for no good reason.

The fact it wasn't even a foul doesn't help the referee.

It was a foul I the referee’s opinion and the pictures seem to support that....presumably no reason has been given for overturn g it ?
Rescinding should only ever be on the basis of fact, not just a difference of opinion.

But ... a foul isn't of itself a reason for a red card. The pictures may support that it was a foul but clearly, according to a lot of us on here and the panel making the decision, it wasn't deserving of a red card. Sadly, had a major influence on the outcome of the first game.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jul 2020 19:09

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Although being a consistent member of the Championship officials list means you are one of the highest rated 25-30 refs around and if you don’t come up to standard you woukdn’t Be getting games at that level.
Just to put the opposite spin on it...

In his case that's the Taller Than Ronnie Corbett Award

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Jul 2020 20:04

Brentford 2 up already

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jul 2020 20:04

Lovely stuff. Cracking game too.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2020 20:12

Brilliant counter for their first. Keeper to goal in 10 seconds.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jul 2020 20:14

Would much rather Brentford go up, try and play football the right way and I admire their business model. If they can get a couple of experienced heads in combined with some excellent youngsters on loan/Championship buys then they could stay up.
Swansea would be complete and utter fodder in the Premier League though, Norwich-lite.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Jul 2020 20:55

Brentford taking no prisoners tonight, Swansea have to score twice now to take this to extra time.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2020 20:56

Brentford back to their best then. Hopefully they play like this against Fulham.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Jul 2020 20:56

Old Man Andrews Would much rather Brentford go up, try and play football the right way and I admire their business model. If they can get a couple of experienced heads in combined with some excellent you,ngsters on loan/Championship buys then they could stay up.
Swansea would be complete and utter fodder in the Premier League though, Norwich-lite.

Agree with you about Brentford. All feels a bit like Reading in 2006, a good team with some quality, nice club well run and everything ticking along nicely, good feel about the club.

New ground next season? I also agree that if they can add a little quality and depth and not desminate the squad with loads of new random signings they could do well next year, in the same way we did in 2007

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jul 2020 20:59

I like to see new teams in the Prem, like Blackpool, Hull the first time or Burnley. Brentford would be my new go to Prem team I think and they have a good business model, a good style of football and most importantly, an attractive manager with long and flowing hair.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jul 2020 21:00

Simmops I like to see new teams in the Prem, like Blackpool, Hull the first time or Burnley. Brentford would be my new go to Prem team I think and they have a good business model, a good style of football and most importantly, an attractive manager with long and flowing hair.

He's no Gareth Ainsworth

17256 posts