Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by LUX » 11 May 2022 13:18

he's a very confused little boy.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 13:19

Silver Fox So basically Nathan envies Bournemouth but knows it's wrong so he's trying to claim that everyone else feels the same? Moron

No we all do. As Reading supporters we wll feel like the success should be happening to us and not others, as a fanbase we are very entitled. Small club mentality. The issue is there are very few of our supporters who can admit it and have a decent level of honesty.

Get a clue.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 13:20

LUX he's a very confused little boy.

Little boys?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 May 2022 13:25

NathStPaul
Silver Fox So basically Nathan envies Bournemouth but knows it's wrong so he's trying to claim that everyone else feels the same? Moron

No we all do. As Reading supporters we wll feel like the success should be happening to us and not others, as a fanbase we are very entitled. Small club mentality. The issue is there are very few of our supporters who can admit it and have a decent level of honesty.

Get a clue.

blimey, you've got us all down to a T.

Have you ever thought of taking up psychology? Or social commentary?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 May 2022 13:48

Only took 649 pages to start discussing what defines a rival in a thread titled Rival Watch. My 2 cents.
Rivals = a team we have beef with on and / or off the pitch. Success and money do not come into it, it is just salt in the wounds.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2022 13:56

NathStPaul

Get a clue.

Thanks for speaking for the whole fanbase but lol @ all of this.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 May 2022 14:01

Hendo
NathStPaul

Get a clue.

All true. You need to realise what the club is.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 11 May 2022 14:19

morganb This is where the rivalry survey stems from:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootyLimbs/s ... 7461641216

It is Bournemouth (and Southampton) fans saying Reading are rivals, not the other way around

I note that the *smaller clubs* in the Premier League all have their nearest clubs as their rivals. That is probably why we feature in both Bournemouth and Southampton., not in first place but after other South Coast teams. whilst the *bigger clubs* is more about which teams can finish above them.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2022 14:23

NathStPaul
Hendo
NathStPaul No we all do. As Reading supporters we wll feel like the success should be happening to us and not others, as a fanbase we are very entitled. Small club mentality. The issue is there are very few of our supporters who can admit it and have a decent level of honesty.

Get a clue.

Absolutely not true. I don't believe that success should be happening to us rather than other teams, success is earned. No one deserves success or promotions or anything - it is all earned. Be that Man City, Newport or anyone in between.

I want Reading to be successful, no doubt about that, but I don't think we deserve it over any other team.

I don't think we're an entitled fanbase at all, especially when you compare it to some of the other teams in the football pyramid.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 May 2022 15:47

Hendo
NathStPaul
Hendo

Absolutely not true. I don't believe that success should be happening to us rather than other teams, success is earned. No one deserves success or promotions or anything - it is all earned. Be that Man City, Newport or anyone in between.

I want Reading to be successful, no doubt about that, but I don't think we deserve it over any other team.

I don't think we're an entitled fanbase at all, especially when you compare it to some of the other teams in the football pyramid.

Quite - entitled fans can be found mostly at clubs like Sunderland and Wednesday who believe they should be in the top flight just because they have big stadiums and can fill them.

I would say there is a risk that there are some fans who had their formative years watching the club between 2005 and 2012 who had the feeling embedded that we were a top Champ/low Prem club but I think the majority still realise where we have come from as a club but understand that being in the top 2 divisions is pretty vital for the club's future but we have to earn the right to remain there.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2022 16:17

Hendo
NathStPaul
Hendo

Agreed.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 May 2022 16:30

It goes without saying, you are where you deserve to be. There is no justification for anyone to be in a certain league or position just because someone perceives them as that.

I don't envy Bournemouth because we aren't as good as Bournemouth. We don't deserve to be as good as them because we aren't as good them and have been run extremely poorly for nearly a decade now. They are having their success period now, a lot of clubs of this stature have that before dropping back to levels they were previously at.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 May 2022 17:47

NathStPaul The rivalry with Bournemouth stems from the jealousy of some sections of our support. We want to be them, we are desperate to be Bournemouth.

It's far deeper in time than that and the other way round.

They don't feature for us, we do for them. That's not about our envy. That would make no sense

Edit: I was not expecting OMA to go full idiot on this and spark pages of nonsense. Apologies. Already covered at gross length.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 May 2022 08:40

NathStPaul
Hendo
NathStPaul No we all do. As Reading supporters we wll feel like the success should be happening to us and not others, as a fanbase we are very entitled. Small club mentality. The issue is there are very few of our supporters who can admit it and have a decent level of honesty.

Get a clue.

Hi OMA

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 May 2022 13:24

Are we still posting stuff about Wayne Rooney's Derby County in the Rival Watch thread?

If we are, they have announced today that Chris Kirchner and the administrators have exchanged contracts on the purchase of the club, so Kirchner - who will be funding the club from next week - is the new owner..........

..............the purchase being "conditional on the sale of the stadium, EFL approval and receiving secured creditor consent".

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 May 2022 14:35

Mr Angry Are we still posting stuff about Wayne Rooney's Derby County in the Rival Watch thread?

If we are, they have announced today that Chris Kirchner and the administrators have exchanged contracts on the purchase of the club, so Kirchner - who will be funding the club from next week - is the new owner..........

..............the purchase being "conditional on the sale of the stadium, EFL approval and receiving secured creditor consent".

Isn't the deadline approaching for the sale of the stadium too, otherwise the whole thing goes to shit and a 15 point deductions carries into next season; or that's what Alan Nixon of The Sun claimed earlier today.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 May 2022 15:35

PATRIQT
Mr Angry Are we still posting stuff about Wayne Rooney's Derby County in the Rival Watch thread?

Isn't the deadline approaching for the sale of the stadium too, otherwise the whole thing goes to shit and a 15 point deductions carries into next season; or that's what Alan Nixon of The Sun claimed earlier today.

Hang on, hang on
As I recall the stadium doesn’t belong to the football club, so why and how could that be a condition ?
Unless MM has gifted it back to the club

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 17 May 2022 15:44

Franchise FC
PATRIQT

Hang on, hang on
As I recall the stadium doesn’t belong to the football club, so why and how could that be a condition ?

That Nixon chap suggests the buyer wont go through with the deal without the stadium, and to date Morris wont budge on the price. Sounds like it could do down to the wire.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 May 2022 16:23

Franchise FC
PATRIQT

Hang on, hang on

Kirchner wants the council to buy the stadium, I don't believe he has the funds for it, and he won't buy the club if Mel Morris owns the stadium. The council are up for this but obviously have to agree a deal, with the issue being that Mel Morris effectively paid £80m for it when he "bought" it from the club. Of course at the time he said that was a fair price :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2022 16:32

I do find the Derby fans are probably desperate for good news hence why so many are quick to declare CK the saviour because contracts have been exchanged with Quantama but the reality is that until it's all official there is still so much that can derail this.

17149 posts