17256 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2020 20:04

Hound
Barb
Stranded
All depends on why Derby have breached. Ground was sold for £80m, ours for £27m IIRC. No way is the ground or the land it sits on worth nearly 3x as much in Derby as land 25 mins from Heathrow.

We may still be in trouble but we appear to have played ball so would hope not.

They know all about our finances and gave is the ok on everything we did in the summer.

We are fine.

Seems to be the case, agreed

All the same, edgy times at the moment. Presume any spending plans for this season would have been agreed with the FL so as to keep them onside and presumably as long as the club remain within those plans there’ll be a certain amount of leeway allowed.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2020 20:53

The "wonderkid" Jack Clarke has gone to QPR for the remainder of the season

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 16 Jan 2020 21:46

paultheroyal I have read two separate articles today and in both they quote Reading fc along with Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday as under scrutiny for being in similar position to derby linked to their selling of ground rights!! Should we be worried?

No, we did sell our stadium to our owners, but at £27m (which the FL see as reasonable), whereas Derby did it at over £80m, Sheffield Wednesday backdated the transaction to a different year.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2020 22:38

Chameleon
paultheroyal I have read two separate articles today and in both they quote Reading fc along with Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday as under scrutiny for being in similar position to derby linked to their selling of ground rights!! Should we be worried?

No, we did sell our stadium to our owners, but at £27m (which the FL see as reasonable), whereas Derby did it at over £80m, Sheffield Wednesday backdated the transaction to a different year.

Yeah it seems that we're ok unless we hid something dodgy in the books that the FL didn't spot at the time but has since come to light.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2020 23:24

Chameleon

All the grounds were independently valued but it appears that we were the only club to not get our ground independently valued by a mate of the owner and we also declared the sale in the accounting period that it actually took place.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jan 2020 23:47

On the Derby forum they seem overly confident that the EFL don't have a leg to stand on, that they signed off the stadium sale and would be open to legal measures if they try and punish Derby.

They might be right in the end but if it were us I'd be bricking it right now.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jan 2020 01:07

tidus_mi2 On the Derby forum they seem overly confident that the EFL don't have a leg to stand on, that they signed off the stadium sale and would be open to legal measures if they try and punish Derby.

How many of them are in the know though? Or are most of them just “so called experts”

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jan 2020 06:54

Derby fans I know all seem to have a blind spot for the owner.

Clearly selling an asset to yourself for twice it's market value is a bit dodgy. It's the sort of thing money launderers do so should undergo scrutiny.

I'm not suggesting for one moment he's money laundering, just that the deliberate overvaluation of an asset should be looked into regardless of the circumstances.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2020 08:23

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tions.html

Derby are facing a 21-point deduction that could relegate them to League One after they were charged by the EFL with a breach of spending regulations.

Probs won't come to that, but they're still 16/1 to go down if anyone fancies a punt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2020 08:34

Pepe the Horseman https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7895895/Derby-County-charged-EFL-making-excess-losses-FFP-regulations.html

Derby are facing a 21-point deduction that could relegate them to League One after they were charged by the EFL with a breach of spending regulations.

Probs won't come to that, but they're still 16/1 to go down if anyone fancies a punt.

21 seems a bit strong... these things often seem sensationalised so even if they do get penalised I'd be surprised if it was that much!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2020 08:34

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7895895/Derby-County-charged-EFL-making-excess-losses-FFP-regulations.html

21 seems a bit strong... these things often seem sensationalised so even if they do get penalised I'd be surprised if it was that much!

9 point deduction puts them only a point above the drop zone though :?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2020 08:45

If they hadn't had their recent revival, they'd be certainly very worried. Rooney seems to have made quite a difference

They are a bit of a mess all round tbh this season

I haven't read in detail, but there's a fair bit of noise on twitter that this EFL action is actually nothing to do with their stadium sale. Mind you that sounds like nonsense, and this contradicts:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tions.html

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2020 09:07

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

I genuinely hate Derby - please make this happen!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2020 09:09

paultheroyal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal 21 seems a bit strong... these things often seem sensationalised so even if they do get penalised I'd be surprised if it was that much!

It would be oxf*rd hilarious.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2020 09:10

Hendo
paultheroyal
Hendo

It would be oxf*rd hilarious.

Rooney did say he would take them out of the Championship! :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 09:27

What are we going to do without Derby's annaul bottle job in the playoffs though?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2020 09:30

Old Man Andrews What are we going to do without Derby's annaul bottle job in the playoffs though?

We'd still have Leeds tbf OMA

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2020 09:30

Old Man Andrews What are we going to do without Derby's annaul bottle job in the playoffs though?

Laugh when they bottle getting promoted from League 1 :D

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 09:34

Hound

We'd still have Leeds tbf OMA

The Champions elect?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2020 09:43

tidus_mi2 On the Derby forum they seem overly confident that the EFL don't have a leg to stand on, that they signed off the stadium sale and would be open to legal measures if they try and punish Derby.

Think they are trying to make themselves feel better. The EFL may that be a great organisation but I am fairly sure that even they would check with their lawyers before making any charges. Plus even if they did sign off on the sale surely it all depends on what they actually signed off on. I think Derby valued the stadium at about 39m in their books before the sale, so did the EFL sign off based on this book cost, so when they sold to the owner for almost double that, it is going to raise a few eyebrows.

17256 posts