Rival Watch

17149 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jun 2022 17:08

Derby

Clowes bid accepted by the EFL, he’s ‘buying’ Pride Park from Mel Morris……apparently.

Well, well, well. who knew?

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 26 Jun 2022 17:33

> So the money was key after all. What a surprise

Has anyone been to Cardiff?! Honestly, I don't think you could assume that money is the only deciding factor for Bale. LA might well have one or two other more attractive features over Cardiff. :-)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jun 2022 17:38

For a season or two maybe.

Always got the Cardiff option on a back-burner to see out his days when the MLS ‘magic’ has worn off.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Jun 2022 18:49

dontbedaft > So the money was key after all. What a surprise

Has anyone been to Cardiff?! Honestly, I don't think you could assume that money is the only deciding factor for Bale. LA might well have one or two other more attractive features over Cardiff. :-)

Just went to Cardiff for my brother's stag do, apart from the bay area, it's not the greatest place.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 28 Jun 2022 12:51

Millwall seem to be going all out on signing as many new players as possible

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Jun 2022 13:11

RFCMod Millwall seem to be going all out on signing as many new players as possible

They've signed three players haven't they.....hardly that many.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jun 2022 13:12

Noticed they have signed George Honeyman. Another one I'd have liked at Reading in an ideal world.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2022 13:32

Think they were similar to us in a lot of ooc players so not surprised they are making a number of signings

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 28 Jun 2022 14:37

Their season fits in with what he wants to do though. Regular season finishes at the beginning or October and the post-season if they qualify and get to the final finishes at the beginning of November. If he avoids injury, and I suspect he will now the World Cup is coming up, it means he gets properly fit for the first time in a few years and has a nice little break before the World Cup starts. As he's joining mid-season it will be interesting to know what he is getting paid. Don't all teams have a salary cap and only a few players can earn in excess of it? You'd think those slots would have been filled by the beginning of the season.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Jun 2022 15:00

6ft Kerplunk

Their season fits in with what he wants to do though. Regular season finishes at the beginning or October and the post-season if they qualify and get to the final finishes at the beginning of November. If he avoids injury, and I suspect he will now the World Cup is coming up, it means he gets properly fit for the first time in a few years and has a nice little break before the World Cup starts. As he's joining mid-season it will be interesting to know what he is getting paid. Don't all teams have a salary cap and only a few players can earn in excess of it? You'd think those slots would have been filled by the beginning of the season.

£1.3m for the year apparentl, with an option of an 18 month extension on more money when he can become a designated player

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Jun 2022 15:04

NathStPaul Noticed they have signed George Honeyman. Another one I'd have liked at Reading in an ideal world.

A good signing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2022 15:12

Yeahs he decent

Gourlay waving his magic cash spunking wand and bringing in Tom Lawrence from the look of it

3 players on hefty wages who prob won’t be up to PL standard if they do go up. All play pretty much the same position as well

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jun 2022 15:14

West Brom going balls to the wall. Won't be funny at all if they don't go up.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 28 Jun 2022 15:58

Simon's Church
6ft Kerplunk

£1.3m for the year apparentl, with an option of an 18 month extension on more money when he can become a designated player

I though the non-designated salary cap was about half that?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Jun 2022 16:49

6ft Kerplunk
Simon's Church
6ft Kerplunk Their season fits in with what he wants to do though. Regular season finishes at the beginning or October and the post-season if they qualify and get to the final finishes at the beginning of November. If he avoids injury, and I suspect he will now the World Cup is coming up, it means he gets properly fit for the first time in a few years and has a nice little break before the World Cup starts. As he's joining mid-season it will be interesting to know what he is getting paid. Don't all teams have a salary cap and only a few players can earn in excess of it? You'd think those slots would have been filled by the beginning of the season.

I though the non-designated salary cap was about half that?

The Athletic states that Bale has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the club which will see him earn no more than $1.6125 million (£1.3 million) in that time. (This is using something called Targeted Allocation Money, or TAM). There are additional things to consider too. An 18-month extension is also on the table which would increase his salary and make him LAFC's designated player.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jun 2022 08:25

Hound Yeahs he decent

Gourlay waving his magic cash spunking wand and bringing in Tom Lawrence from the look of it

3 players on hefty wages who prob won’t be up to PL standard if they do go up. All play pretty much the same position as well

Swift, Lawrence and Wallace in the same midfield - they must be going 4-2-3-1 and be very confident in their defenders/defensive midfielders as they aren't going to get much support from that 3.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Jun 2022 08:40

"Derby County could face another points deduction next season if allegations that Wayne Rooney’s agent paid players wages last month are proven"

:roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jun 2022 11:49

Brogue "Derby County could face another points deduction next season if allegations that Wayne Rooney’s agent paid players wages last month are proven"

The absolute definition of a basket case

There but for the grace of God ...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2022 12:34

If they were a horse, they wouldn't just have been shot, but sent off for processing, turned into glue and frozen lasagne, shipped sold and used / eaten by now.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 29 Jun 2022 14:12

Brogue "Derby County could face another points deduction next season if allegations that Wayne Rooney’s agent paid players wages last month are proven"

Rooney apparently paid around £1.5m of his own money for the players May wages. I can't imagine he'd have done that without expecting to get it back. Sounds fishy.

The new owner in waiting apparently has two players lined up that Rooney wanted, so it'll be interesting if these are bargain basement due to restrictions they should be under for the next few years as we have been.

17149 posts