Rival Watch

17149 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2022 14:14

Lots of rumours building that Hull are either about to fire him or Arverladze has already resigned.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 19 Sep 2022 14:26

Snowball
Hound
Franchise FC I’m a little surprised the ref didn’t somehow find a foul there
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly abysmal. As bad a goal as I’ve ever seen

That clown defender who dives after his keeper brushes him….absolutely pathetic

Makes me wonder what are the ten worst Reading concessions?

Worthy of a thread?

Whitbread at home to Oxford on a very wet (?New Year's) day when he thought the ball had gone out of play .

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2022 14:32

Stranded Lots of rumours building that Hull are either about to fire him or Arverladze has already resigned.

It’d surprise absolutely nobody I don’t think after that last game

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Sep 2022 14:37

Hull City. The new Reading. Spend a shed load of money with new owners in an attempt to reach the PL, have it go well for a few games and then finish with a relegation scrap.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 19 Sep 2022 14:48

Sacking a manager who looked to have turned things around for someone who was managing in Uzbekistan was madness at the time so not surprised it’s ended badly (if the rumours are true). Not got a balanced squad especially in midfield either, they’ll probably still stay up comfortably, but hard to see them achieving anything more.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Sep 2022 15:49

so who will go down?

I reckon Coventry are in a false position and will survive. West Brom ditto, prolly Huddersfield too.

People have been writing off Birmingham, but their start has been decent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2022 16:03

South Coast Royal
Snowball
Hound

Worthy of a thread?

Whitbread at home to Oxford on a very wet (?New Year's) day when he thought the ball had gone out of play .

Is that the 4-3 game? If it is it was actually at the end of October in 2000. One of the most brilliant games played at the Mad Stad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Sep 2022 16:17

LUX so who will go down?

I reckon Coventry are in a false position and will survive. West Brom ditto, prolly Huddersfield too.

Still too early really. Wouldn't put money on any side being nailed on for relegation at the moment. The entire League looks pretty even this season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2022 16:21

Hound
Stranded Lots of rumours building that Hull are either about to fire him or Arverladze has already resigned.

It’d surprise absolutely nobody I don’t think after that last game

He’s still there currently. Hull’s next game is a visit from Luton Town on 30 Sep (it’s the Friday night game). Think they may wait to see what that brings, if that’s another disaster then that maybe it.

New owners (Turkish media mogul Acun Ilıcalı and his company Acun Medya) only arrived at the beginning of the year and one of the first moves was to replace Grant McCann with Shota Arveladze. Have heard Acun being interviewed a while ago and he actually came across as someone who was realistic and the right sort of “handle” on the English game, of course his PR persona might differ a little from behind the scenes….

Would think though that if his intention is to change the management then now, when there’s pretty much a fortnight off, would be best but then Stam got probably 3/4 months more than he should have done so who knows.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2022 16:27

Don’t think they’ll sack him officially today with the funeral stuff

Wouldn’t be surprised to see it announced tmrw

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2022 16:34

LUX so who will go down?

Coventry, I'm not sure. They're so far behind it's going to be a massive job. Yes they've played fewer than everyone else. But they've still played 7 without winning.

West Brom and Middlesbrough should probably pull clear. Huddersfield maybe. Brum are always there or thereabouts. Hull frequently too.

Currently just 5 points between 5th and 22nd so pretty much anyone in that area could easily fall into it with a winless run over 5/6 games.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Sep 2022 16:58

LUX so who will go down?

Like Ian, I'm not sold on Coventry either yet, as mentioned, it's still 7 without a win. If they had a couple of wins and draws from their first 7 then I'd probably say otherwise, but they haven't got anything of note yet other than a few draws. They'd need to win all 3 of their games in hand (on most) just to get out of the bottom 3 currently. They'll win eventually, it's probably closer than it is further away but, if they stay in and around, particularly when we reach the halfway stage, it could be a tricky season for them.

I do still think it's too early to tell also. Looking at the current table, it's probably not unfeasible to suggest that anyone from 11th downwards could end up in the bottom 3 this season, granted you probably wouldn't expect West Brom, Middlesbrough or even Millwall to based on realistic expectations, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Not to mention that list doesn't include ourselves, Rotherham or Bristol City who were all expected to struggle but have started well.

I'm not convinced by Huddersfield, Blackpool or Birmingham really. I wouldn't like to put money on that being the 3, but I reckon it would be an educated guess at least.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Sep 2022 18:00

Coventry have only played one home match. I agree they are a long way behind, but their three games in hand are all at home.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Sep 2022 18:06

I think a lot of will come down to when they play teams as well, as I'd expect most will get rearranged for after the World Cup and I don't doubt the situation may look a lot different for the clubs they have to play.

I believe it's 11 games without a win now for Coventry as well.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Sep 2022 19:26

Concession goals?

If you include own goals, then Stuart Morgan's bullet header from the edge of our penalty area that flew past Steve Death in a home FA Cup game versus Arsenal in the early 1970's would be high up the list for me.....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Sep 2022 19:39

Mr Angry Concession goals?

If you include own goals, then Stuart Morgan's bullet header from the edge of our penalty area that flew past Steve Death in a home FA Cup game versus Arsenal in the early 1970's would be high up the list for me.....

We scored all three that day
It’s the only home game I can remember standing in the Town End

Half Time Pizza

by Half Time Pizza » 19 Sep 2022 20:29

LightwaterRoyal
Stranded
Snowball

Worthy of a thread?

#1 is that goal v Burton. Can't think of one worse than that.

I have a feint memory of Federici kicking the ball into Dexter Blackstock against Forest on the opening day costing us a win.

If I am thinking the same incident I thought he kicked it into Karacan and ricocheted to a Forest player who scored. Dreadful goal to concede

Half Time Pizza

by Half Time Pizza » 19 Sep 2022 20:30

South Coast Royal
Snowball
Hound

Worthy of a thread?

I think you are thinking of goalie Phil Whitehead. To be fair he did save the ball going out for a corner

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Sep 2022 20:48

Coventry, Hull, Blackpool - down

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2022 20:58

538's mathematics has Huddersfield, Hull & Blackpool going whilst we finish a glorious 16th.

17149 posts