Rival Watch

17299 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by genome » 14 Jul 2020 19:02

Old Man Andrews Their Facebook page is a delight. Think some of their supporters genuinely need welfare checks from the police.

don't blame them tbh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jul 2020 19:04

genome
Old Man Andrews Their Facebook page is a delight. Think some of their supporters genuinely need welfare checks from the police.

don't blame them tbh

Yeah another club screwed over by owners who are in it purely to line their pockets. They are doomed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jul 2020 19:05

Didn't realise Super League had restarted.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2020 19:05

Wigan go from -7 GD to 0 in one game.

1 more for positive. :lol:

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2020 14:52

Even with there 12 point deuction they are likely to now be in the championship. Is this a first for a team going into administration getting a points deduction and still staying up?
I hope that someone does save them nobody wants another bury situation on there hands.

Is Dave Whelan likely to step in temporarily and save them??

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 14:53

linkenholtroyal Is Dave Whelan likely to step in temporarily and save them??

He has a broken leg that he suffered in an FA Cup final. He cannot step anywhere.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2020 15:07

linkenholtroyal Even with there 12 point deuction they are likely to now be in the championship. Is this a first for a team going into administration getting a points deduction and still staying up?
I hope that someone does save them nobody wants another bury situation on there hands.

Southampton started L1 with a 10 point deduction for admin in 2009/10 and finished 7th.

Wigan should stay up - you would expect them to beat Charlton at the weekend and Fulham may rest a few ahead of the play-offs next Weds - so will be amazed if they are not 12 or more points clear of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2020 15:48

Stranded
linkenholtroyal Even with there 12 point deuction they are likely to now be in the championship. Is this a first for a team going into administration getting a points deduction and still staying up?

Southampton started L1 with a 10 point deduction for admin in 2009/10 and finished 7th.

Wigan should stay up - you would expect them to beat Charlton at the weekend and Fulham may rest a few ahead of the play-offs next Weds - so will be amazed if they are not 12 or more points clear of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

Will be good for them. I myself never ever want to see another bury situation but I get the feeling it will become more common. Get the feeling this summer will be a bit of a fire sale for league 1 and 2 with them selling off there best players to survive another season. Especially if the fans aren’t in the stadiums next year.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2020 17:17

Brentford already 1-0 up, Leeds and West Brom must be bricking it right now, West Brom more so since they're only a point ahead if Brentford win tonight.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2020 17:25

Stranded

Leeds has a 15pt deduction in League 1 and got to the playoff final IIRC. Pretty sure Bournemouth had a similar deduction In League 2 and survived.

Birmingham had a 9pt deduction last season.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 15 Jul 2020 17:35, edited 3 times in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 17:26

tidus_mi2 Brentford already 1-0 up, Leeds and West Brom must be bricking it right now, West Brom more so since they're only a point ahead if Brentford win tonight.

Why are Leeds "bricking it" when they are at home to Barnsley tomorrow and a win all but sees them promoted? Leeds are by far the best side in the Championship, they are up and will be Champions. :roll:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2020 18:06

Old Man Andrews
tidus_mi2 Brentford already 1-0 up, Leeds and West Brom must be bricking it right now, West Brom more so since they're only a point ahead if Brentford win tonight.

Why are Leeds "bricking it" when they are at home to Barnsley tomorrow and a win all but sees them promoted? Leeds are by far the best side in the Championship, they are up and will be Champions. :roll:

I know you've got a hard on for Leeds but I did say West Brom would be more concerned.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 18:08

tidus_mi2
Old Man Andrews

I know you've got a hard on for Leeds but I did say West Brom would be more concerned.

I said nothing that isn't factually accurate. You will respect Leeds.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2020 18:17

Old Man Andrews
tidus_mi2
Old Man Andrews Why are Leeds "bricking it" when they are at home to Barnsley tomorrow and a win all but sees them promoted? Leeds are by far the best side in the Championship, they are up and will be Champions. :roll:

They are probably going to be promoted, but it would still be funny if they didn't.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jul 2020 18:42

I hope Leeds get promoted, will be great not having them in this division, even if it’s only for one season.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jul 2020 18:47

From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Leeds has a 15pt deduction in League 1 and got to the playoff final IIRC. Pretty sure Bournemouth had a similar deduction In League 2 and survived.

Birmingham had a 9pt deduction last season.

Fiorentina were deducted 15 points after Calciopoli and still managed to finish 6th. Of course it helped that a few other clubs had points deductions and Juventus had been relegated.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2020 18:51

Old Man Andrews
tidus_mi2
Old Man Andrews Why are Leeds "bricking it" when they are at home to Barnsley tomorrow and a win all but sees them promoted? Leeds are by far the best side in the Championship, they are up and will be Champions. :roll:

I can accept they have a very good team but respect? Never.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jul 2020 19:20

They benefited hugely from the covid break as would have run out of steam as per usual if the season had played out in March

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2020 19:26

Birmingham are dire. Pretty fortunate there isn’t another couple of additional games left or they’d be very worried

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2020 19:29

Hound Birmingham are dire. Pretty fortunate there isn’t another couple of additional games left or they’d be very worried

Well Hull and Luton are playing each other on Saturday so either they both get 1pt or one gets 3pts. Nervous times for Birmingham and Huddersfield.

17299 posts