Rival Watch

17149 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Franchise FC » 04 Feb 2023 20:18

Snowflake Royal I'm looking forward to the magic number going lower than our current total of points.

Yeah , that as well

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Feb 2023 21:52

Mid Sussex Royal Looking ok - bottom 4 sides still not progressing past a point a game so 10 more points may do it; the earlier predictions of 52-55 points for safety look wide of the mark now.

Next run of games key, esp. as we have Rotherham and Blackpool in consecutive home games.

Win those 2 and job close to done.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Feb 2023 23:09

Zip
Mr Optimist
Zip
Their fans were not bigging themselves up at all. They were delighted and surprised to have won the game

They have endured rotten luck. Losing Sala who was their record signing was bad enough. They may well have stayed up if Sala hadn't died in that awful accident and now they are paying many millions for that transfer. A double hit.

I hope they stay up.

I’m with you Zip, if it wasn’t for bad luck they’d have no luck. I hope they stay up as long as it isn’t at our expense! I like to see all Welsh clubs do well and I’m hoping more locally Wrexham can get back in the league this year. I’m enjoying Colwyn Bay’s unbeaten league season in Cymru North at the moment,drew the first game and then have won the next 18 in a row!

With you all the way on this and as you say I want Cardiff to stay up but absolutely not at our expense.

Cardiff is a good away day. Hope they don't get relegated

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Feb 2023 23:14

tidus_mi2
Sutekh
Zip

Yep. We are not creating much at all and another run of poor results can happen again. Usually by this stage of the season you want certain teams to win or lose. I have no idea whether I wants teams in the bottom six or top six to win.

For the record Reading's next 7 games are Watford (h), Sunderland (a), Rotherham (h), Cardiff (a), Blackpool (h), Middlesbrough (a), Sheffield United (h) and after that lot we should know if the club are going to be safe or still worrying that it might go to a dodgy end to the season.

I'll predict 8pts of that lot. Wins against Rotherham and Blackpool, draws against Watford and Cardiff, defeats to Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United.

I'd love to be more optimistic but our away form is diabolical, so unless we change things up I don't see us getting much change from those teams, could maybe sneak a win against Cardiff because they're in pretty terrible form right now.

Sunderland (A) - win
Blackpool (H) - win
Cardiff (A) - loss
Rotherham (H) - win
Middlesbrough (A) - loss
Sheff Utd (H) - loss

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 Feb 2023 23:50

Loum being suspended for two games may be a blessing in disguise!! His whole gameplay at present is totally disgusting and he cannot pass the ball for shit!!
Hopefully Fornah can come in and take his chance.

Regarding the next run of games, getting these points on the board as quick as possible is a must!! I really cannot take much more of this dire morbid style of football we play, yes, i get it. however, if Ince continues with this brand of football once were safe then its a big Ince "Out" from me.

How do you expect to get bums on seats playing like this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2023 23:54

Disgusting is rather strong!

Hope Fornah gets more of a chance, but I think Casadei is a more like for like replacement for Loum. Unless Ince does something more eccentric like putting McIntyre in there.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Feb 2023 08:18

Blackpool v Huddersfield on Tuesday.

Draw would be nice, but worst case we'll be 9 points ahead of bottom 3. If Huddersfield win, that will be ahead of Cardiff, who have played 1 game more.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 06 Feb 2023 22:07

Wigan get a creditable draw at Blackburn. Prolly ok for us :P

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2023 23:34

QPR have signed free agent Chris Martin following his release by Bristol City.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Feb 2023 08:11

Sutekh QPR have signed free agent Chris Martin following his release by Bristol City.

Could be a decent option off the bench for them. 34 now and whilst he's appeared in 17 games, he's not started since August and on average he is only playing 15 mins per apperance since that last start.

Probably the best striking option out of the free agents but that's not saying much.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Feb 2023 08:20

The Sheffield United takeover by Nigerian billionaire Dozy Mmobuosi for £90M from their current Saudi owners is an interesting story.

Firstly, £90M for a team very likely to be in the Premier League next season is a ridiculously cheap price to pay, but poor Blades are owned by the only Saudi's not worth Billions! So, a fire sale explains the cheap price; however, when people have dug into the source of the potential new owners wealth, serious questions are raised.

For the 9 months to September 2022, his main holding company, Tingo, reported net revenues of over US$800M, and on track to hit $1.2Bn; amazing numbers when in 2017, Mmobuosi was charged with issuing a dud cheque for $75,000, (it was later settled out of court) and his company (which is in telecoms) hadn't been doing any competitve activity in the sector at the time.

He also owns an Airline (Tingo Airlines) which, though valued at $1Bn, owns no planes, has no staff, has no landing slots anywhere in the World, hasn't made a single flight nor does it have an Air Operators Certificate.

The EFL decison on whether Mr Mmobuosi is allowed to purchase Sheffield United is awaited with interest.......

Fuller story here:

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/202 ... field-utd/

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Feb 2023 08:21

Stranded
Sutekh QPR have signed free agent Chris Martin following his release by Bristol City.

Could be a decent option off the bench for them. 34 now and whilst he's appeared in 17 games, he's not started since August and on average he is only playing 15 mins per apperance since that last start.

Probably the best striking option out of the free agents but that's not saying much.

I also imagine that until Coldplay tour again, he is at a bit of a loose end.......

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2023 09:09

Mr Angry The Sheffield United takeover by Nigerian billionaire Dozy Mmobuosi for £90M from their current Saudi owners is an interesting story.

Firstly, £90M for a team very likely to be in the Premier League next season is a ridiculously cheap price to pay, but poor Blades are owned by the only Saudi's not worth Billions! So, a fire sale explains the cheap price; however, when people have dug into the source of the potential new owners wealth, serious questions are raised.

For the 9 months to September 2022, his main holding company, Tingo, reported net revenues of over US$800M, and on track to hit $1.2Bn; amazing numbers when in 2017, Mmobuosi was charged with issuing a dud cheque for $75,000, (it was later settled out of court) and his company (which is in telecoms) hadn't been doing any competitve activity in the sector at the time.

He also owns an Airline (Tingo Airlines) which, though valued at $1Bn, owns no planes, has no staff, has no landing slots anywhere in the World, hasn't made a single flight nor does it have an Air Operators Certificate.

The EFL decison on whether Mr Mmobuosi is allowed to purchase Sheffield United is awaited with interest.......

Fuller story here:

No way can this go through :lol: If I was a Blades fan, I'd be seriously worried.

There is also a similar story with regards to a potential takeover over of Morecambe - https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status/1621729803463233536

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Feb 2023 09:27

Mr Angry The Sheffield United takeover by Nigerian billionaire Dozy Mmobuosi for £90M from their current Saudi owners is an interesting story.

Fuller story here:

No problem, he'll get through OK. Sounds a bit of a dozy Mmobuosi though.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 07 Feb 2023 09:42

The Poundland Prince v Nigerian “billionaire”. I think the saying, out of the frying pan and in to the fire, was made for situations like this. Then again, another popular saying is people in glass houses…

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Feb 2023 20:33

Huddersfield lead after some of the worst defending you'll even see.

Cardiff into the bottom 3 as it stands.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Feb 2023 20:49

Stranded Huddersfield lead after some of the worst defending you'll even see.

Cardiff into the bottom 3 as it stands.

Blackpool down to 10 as well !

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Feb 2023 20:53

Good good, not there yet but be good to see the bottom 2 start to get cut adrift.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Feb 2023 21:31

1-1 at Blackpool
1-2
2-2 !!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 07 Feb 2023 21:57

Embarrassing interview from Billy Sharp after Sheffield United finally squeeze past Wrexham in the Cup.

17149 posts