Rival Watch

17149 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by Stranded » 17 Sep 2021 22:02

NathStPaul Derby officially have the administrators in.

Not official yet. They have applied to have them in. So will be next week. I assume there is still a very small chance they could just be wound up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2021 22:04

It’s a big shame for the fans, sounds an absolute mess there

Rax

by Rax » 17 Sep 2021 22:11

mikey0406 I feel for Derby here, we must have been close in the past and must remain close to a points deduction with our overspending.

The fans suffer… we would be mortified going through this

Deserve everything they get - fiddled the figures (and got found out) and then got Rooney in on the back of a morally iffy gambling deal!

The Brian Clough Trophy may well be a L1 affair next season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2021 22:15

Hound It’s a big shame for the fans, sounds an absolute mess there

Yeah especially how they’ve been pretty close to promotion on a good few occasions relatively recently. 50% of their last 8 seasons have ended up in the play offs, and two of those got to the final.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2021 22:16

Rax
mikey0406 I feel for Derby here, we must have been close in the past and must remain close to a points deduction with our overspending.

Deserve everything they get - fiddled the figures (and got found out) and then got Rooney in on the back of a morally iffy gambling deal!

Pretty sure the fans didn’t do that. :roll:

Rax

by Rax » 17 Sep 2021 22:22

CountryRoyal
Rax

Pretty sure the fans didn’t do that. :roll:

I never said they did - however if ever there was a club that deserved the book being thrown at them, it's Derby.

:roll: :roll:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Sep 2021 22:59

Tbh I feel sorry for the Derby fans. They were a massive club when I was a kid and if it can happen to them it can happen to most other clubs. I really hope it’s not us next season but that will depend on our owners I guess.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2021 23:06

They won`t go to the wall, Wigan and Bolton have proven you can go into administration and come back stronger. if it`s just a 12 point deduction they still have 39 games to dig themselves out of it, obviously if it`s 21 they are gone.
They are a big side but there are a few in L1 already.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Sep 2021 23:07

Nah oxf*rd em. I remember when they were relegated from the prem. and we played em on the opening day. John Gregory in charge and ravenelli was playing for them 2002 I think. We’d just been promoted from division 2 (old money). I remember reading in their programme something along the lines of. ‘You know you’ve had a bump down to earth when the fixtures list came out and your saw Reading as your opening day fixture’ . This was written in the ducking official programme. Was shocked they could be so condescending. Never liked em since. Deserve all they get, hope they get wound up and cease to exist. Pcunts

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2021 23:21

Brogue Nah oxf*rd em. I remember when they were relegated from the prem. and we played em on the opening day. John Gregory in charge and ravenelli was playing for them 2002 I think. We’d just been promoted from division 2 (old money). I remember reading in their programme something along the lines of. ‘You know you’ve had a bump down to earth when the fixtures list came out and your saw Reading as your opening day fixture’ . This was written in the ducking official programme. Was shocked they could be so condescending. Never liked em since. Deserve all they get, hope they get wound up and cease to exist. Pcunts

Yes i forgot about that, an outrageous thing to print in the official programme, fukk em.

RATM

by RATM » 17 Sep 2021 23:36

windermereROYAL
Brogue Nah oxf*rd em. I remember when they were relegated from the prem. and we played em on the opening day. John Gregory in charge and ravenelli was playing for them 2002 I think. We’d just been promoted from division 2 (old money). I remember reading in their programme something along the lines of. ‘You know you’ve had a bump down to earth when the fixtures list came out and your saw Reading as your opening day fixture’ . This was written in the ducking official programme. Was shocked they could be so condescending. Never liked em since. Deserve all they get, hope they get wound up and cease to exist. Pcunts

Yes i forgot about that, an outrageous thing to print in the official programme, fukk em.

I remember something else about that day. Once inside their NEW ground my dad noticed that they had no provision for wheelchair users. They were literally dumped in front of the hoardings like 1970s Stamford bridge. Horrendous

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Sep 2021 23:37

I remember that too and BBC Derbyshire and fans phoning in saying same thing.

Absolutely detest the club. I have been gutted to see clubs go to the wall, but Derby, not a oxf*rd chance. Hate them and hope they free fall!!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 18 Sep 2021 00:27

windermereROYAL They won`t go to the wall, Wigan and Bolton have proven you can go into administration and come back stronger. if it`s just a 12 point deduction they still have 39 games to dig themselves out of it, obviously if it`s 21 they are gone.
They are a big side but there are a few in L1 already.

A little different to the clubs mentioned - if they are found to have produced false accounts for 5yrs it won’t just be the EFL that will be sanctioning them.

Be very surprised if they are still afloat at this point next year.

Got to feel for the fans in all this.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Sep 2021 00:35

paultheroyal

Absolutely detest the club. I have been gutted to see clubs go to the wall, but Derby, not a oxf*rd chance. Hate them and hope they free fall!!

Gotta say lads, it's a little mental to want an entire club to liquidate and for hundreds of jobs to be lost because of some mild condescension that happened 19 years ago.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Sep 2021 00:44

I remember regulalrly playing them in the Third Diviaion in the 80s, they've no more right to anything than any other club.

Serial offenders. No real sympathy for the fans, they were happy to roll with the good times under Morris.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 Sep 2021 03:41

We have a great record against them some memorable wins there. Remember Yakobs only goal in the cup win. Shane Longs first goal in the 2-2 2005. But my personal favourite will always be when they needed a win to reach the play offs on the last game of the season. They were so confident there fans were preparing for the semi final.
We were next to useless had bit of a makeshift team and won 3-0 live on Sky. :D

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Sep 2021 07:26

genome
paultheroyal

Gotta say lads, it's a little mental to want an entire club to liquidate and for hundreds of jobs to be lost because of some mild condescension that happened 19 years ago.

Who died and made you god of ‘clubs that I don’t like but aren’t allowed to want them to go into liquidation because you have said it’s mean’ ? Admittedly that’s quite a long name for a god and might not catch on. But look yeah , football is tribal, one of the tribes is in trouble, one of their own has gone radio rental and started burning it down. And it just so happens to be a tribe I detest. I’m just going to stand at the edge and watch it burn, burn to the ground laughing and pointing.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 18 Sep 2021 08:42

Brogue
genome
paultheroyal

Who died and made you god of ‘clubs that I don’t like but aren’t allowed to want them to go into liquidation because you have said it’s mean’ ? Admittedly that’s quite a long name for a god and might not catch on. But look yeah , football is tribal, one of the tribes is in trouble, one of their own has gone radio rental and started burning it down. And it just so happens to be a tribe I detest. I’m just going to stand at the edge and watch it burn, burn to the ground laughing and pointing.

Totally agree with Brogue, and the majority on here. Stuff them. I recall the programme incident and I was also there for our last Prem fixture in 2008. Their fans were making up crap about the Pompey/Fulham score.

As far as I am concerned...bye bye Derby, and thank you for hopefully picking up one of the relegation places :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Sep 2021 08:53

Jackson Corner But my personal favourite will always be when they needed a win to reach the play offs on the last game of the season. They were so confident there fans were preparing for the semi final.
We were next to useless had bit of a makeshift team and won 3-0 live on Sky. :D

Yeah, that was oxf*rd funny. We saved a penalty as well, IIRC.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2021 08:58

Barney
Brogue
genome

Totally agree with Brogue, and the majority on here. Stuff them. I recall the programme incident and I was also there for our last Prem fixture in 2008. Their fans were making up crap about the Pompey/Fulham score.

As far as I am concerned...bye bye Derby, and thank you for hopefully picking up one of the relegation places :D

oxf*rd me I never knew so much hate existed on here. I have no love for Derby but pretty sure they must have some decent fans like us. Now if we were talking about Millwall that would be different.

17149 posts