Rival Watch

17149 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2021 09:05

Have we ever had a thread of who is your most hated football club and why?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Sep 2021 10:07

There was one a few years ago. I remember my answer being "Any club managed by Mourinho".

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2021 10:54

To be honest, when clubs implode it only becomes unfunny when they cease to survive. But chaos, points deductions, relegation...you sign up for jeopardy as a fan. So if Derby go the way of Portsmouth I have no sympathy, but if they go the way of Bury then that's a very sad thing I wouldn’t wish upon any supporter.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Sep 2021 10:59

Jackson Corner We have a great record against them some memorable wins there. Remember Yakobs only goal in the cup win. Shane Longs first goal in the 2-2 2005. But my personal favourite will always be when they needed a win to reach the play offs on the last game of the season. They were so confident there fans were preparing for the semi final.
We were next to useless had bit of a makeshift team and won 3-0 live on Sky. :D

I remember us beating them 4-0 (Savage playing for them) and for the first time being disappointed at such an emphatic win.
At the same time Danny Murphy was scoring the one goal for Fulham at Pompey that sent us down.

I remain convinced that we could have got the required 7 or 8 goals that day to keep us up-Derby were terrible and we were quite good.- but we didn't push on for more goals.
IIRC we were already 4-0 up quite early in the second half.

I don't share the ill will towards Derby -they have many decent fans like any other club but if it were Bournemouth.................................... :D :D :evil: :evil:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2021 11:10

CountryRoyal
Rax
mikey0406 I feel for Derby here, we must have been close in the past and must remain close to a points deduction with our overspending.

The fans suffer… we would be mortified going through this

Deserve everything they get - fiddled the figures (and got found out) and then got Rooney in on the back of a morally iffy gambling deal!

The Brian Clough Trophy may well be a L1 affair next season.

Pretty sure the fans didn’t do that. :roll:

No, but they put the pressure on to demand success and turned a blind eye to the dodgy finances.

And no/light punishment to protect the poor ickle fans just means it keeps happening.

At the end of the day, they'll either still have a club, or build a phoenix and have fun shooting up non-league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2021 11:13

paultheroyal
Brogue Nah oxf*rd em. I remember when they were relegated from the prem. and we played em on the opening day. John Gregory in charge and ravenelli was playing for them 2002 I think. We’d just been promoted from division 2 (old money). I remember reading in their programme something along the lines of. ‘You know you’ve had a bump down to earth when the fixtures list came out and your saw Reading as your opening day fixture’ . This was written in the ducking official programme. Was shocked they could be so condescending. Never liked em since. Deserve all they get, hope they get wound up and cease to exist. Pcunts

I remember that too and BBC Derbyshire and fans phoning in saying same thing.

Absolutely detest the club. I have been gutted to see clubs go to the wall, but Derby, not a oxf*rd chance. Hate them and hope they free fall!!

Pretty sure we've said similar things. Certainly the fans. Plenty on here showed little respect to the likes of Posh, Yeovil, Burton, Rovrum etc.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2021 12:23

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Brogue Nah oxf*rd em. I remember when they were relegated from the prem. and we played em on the opening day. John Gregory in charge and ravenelli was playing for them 2002 I think. We’d just been promoted from division 2 (old money). I remember reading in their programme something along the lines of. ‘You know you’ve had a bump down to earth when the fixtures list came out and your saw Reading as your opening day fixture’ . This was written in the ducking official programme. Was shocked they could be so condescending. Never liked em since. Deserve all they get, hope they get wound up and cease to exist. Pcunts

Absolutely detest the club. I have been gutted to see clubs go to the wall, but Derby, not a oxf*rd chance. Hate them and hope they free fall!!

Pretty sure we've said similar things. Certainly the fans. Plenty on here showed little respect to the likes of Posh, Yeovil, Burton, Rovrum etc.

Twats on an internet forum is not comparable to publishing it in your match day programme

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Sep 2021 12:26

I feel sorry for there fans, players and manager, this is all not there fault.
There owners another matter and blaming Covid was the wrong move they were in a mess long before that.
It is going to be really hard for Rooney to get any response from those players now, they are virtually playing for nothing to survive they would have to achieve potentially 67 points this season which is play off form with a squad made up of misfits. If he does achieve that he really is a gifted manager. (Also administrators are likely to sell anyone of value off in January.)
I always think what if it was Reading and I think if we don’t behave this could be us in the next 18 months.
So good luck Derby fans and I hope you don’t get folded and you at least have a club at the end of all this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2021 12:36

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Rax
Deserve everything they get - fiddled the figures (and got found out) and then got Rooney in on the back of a morally iffy gambling deal!

The Brian Clough Trophy may well be a L1 affair next season.

No, but they put the pressure on to demand success and turned a blind eye to the dodgy finances.

And no/light punishment to protect the poor ickle fans just means it keeps happening.

At the end of the day, they'll either still have a club, or build a phoenix and have fun shooting up non-league.

Tbh I expect they also had their fair share of fans wondering how they were paying for stuff and also concerned/ unhappy with the dodgy stadium sale etc

End of the day nearly all fans want their team to be successful and you have to trust to some extent the owners know what they are doing

Not seen any examples yet of fans protesting about their club buying players/wages etc. No matter what the club there will be those who want to spend and those who are more concerned about keeping with finance guidelines

Obvs it the latter ones who I’ve sympathy with. And no doubts it could be us in a year but at least we seem to have addressed some of the issues now but are of course still dependent on the owners accepting losing money every year

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2021 13:59

Hound
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Tbh I expect they also had their fair share of fans wondering how they were paying for stuff and also concerned/ unhappy with the dodgy stadium sale etc

End of the day nearly all fans want their team to be successful and you have to trust to some extent the owners know what they are doing

Not seen any examples yet of fans protesting about their club buying players/wages etc. No matter what the club there will be those who want to spend and those who are more concerned about keeping with finance guidelines

Obvs it the latter ones who I’ve sympathy with. And no doubts it could be us in a year but at least we seem to have addressed some of the issues now but are of course still dependent on the owners accepting losing money every year

+1

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Sep 2021 14:07

Sheffield United seem to be getting in the swing of things after a slow start

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2021 14:21

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Twats on an internet forum is not comparable to publishing it in your match day programme

Pretty sure I've read similar things in programmes.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Sep 2021 15:27

Jesus, Luton 3-0 Swansea

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Sep 2021 15:39

What even is with today?

We're beating Fulham
Forest beating Huddersfield
Derby beating Stoke
Peterborough beating Birmingham
Tempted to include Luton beating Swansea 3-0 but they seem terrible this season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2021 15:55

We might have a chance of beating Swansea this season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Sep 2021 15:58

windermereROYAL We might have a chance of beating Swansea this season.

70% possession, 0 shots on target, sounds like Stamball

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2021 17:10

tidus_mi2 Jesus, Luton 3-0 Swansea

3-3

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2021 17:18

Some crazy results today. City winning at QPR in the 93rd minutes, that's hilarious. Wells too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2021 17:59

Think qpr are distinctly average but just had a good start

They way they crumbled against us before our own late balls up told a tale about them. Very soft at the back I thought

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Sep 2021 18:04

Hound Think qpr are distinctly average but just had a good start

They way they crumbled against us before our own late balls up told a tale about them. Very soft at the back I thought

Except for Dickie. Came through the best academy so can't put a foot wrong.

17149 posts