Rival Watch

17149 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by URZZZZ » 25 Nov 2021 13:33

Jokanovic replaced by Heckingbottom

Did well at Barnsley for the duration but has done very little since. Very :shock: he’s been given a four and a half year deal

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2021 13:33

URZZZZ Jokanovic replaced by Heckingbottom

Did well at Barnsley for the duration but has done very little since. Very :shock: he’s been given a four and a half year deal

very confused by that one

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:33

Lower West
morganb Jokanovic gone from Sheff Utd, even after Tuesday's win

Another foreign owned club where promotion is all that matters.

Well yes, what else would matter? It has nothing to do with foreign or not foreign, all club owners want their club to be promoted from the division they are in, especially a club with the wage bill Sheffield United have.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 25 Nov 2021 13:35, edited 2 times in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:35

Hound

Yep weird appointment. Stinks of them putting a yes man in charge who won't make demands to the ownership, just happy to be there.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Nov 2021 13:35

Hound

Jokanovic going doesn’t surprise me, rumoured fall out with lack of funds and basing on their performance on Tuesday, they really need reinforcements

Thought they’d just give it to him on an end of season contract though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2021 13:36

URZZZZ
Hound

Jokanovic going doesn’t surprise me, rumoured fall out with lack of funds and basing on their performance on Tuesday, they really need reinforcements

Thought they’d just give it to him on an end of season contract though

i was thinking in the game that he'd prob go if they lost to us, so the sacking isnt a total surprise

apparently Heckingbottom almost got the job before Jokanovic had it offered, so sounds a bit of a cheap convenient one. 4.5 year deal is bizarre though

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Nov 2021 13:46

NathStPaul
Hound

Yep weird appointment. Stinks of them putting a yes man in charge who won't make demands to the ownership, just happy to be there.

Nail on the head there. Pretty sure that's why Wilder left. And by the sounds of it Jokanovic hasn't been given the backing he was promised.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:57

On another note I think it is worth mentioning the job Wayne Rooney is doing at Derby. It was all a bit of a joke when he first got the job but he has got them fighting for their lives and picking up decent results. Started the season with about 12 fit pros too.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Nov 2021 14:01

NathStPaul On another note I think it is worth mentioning the job Wayne Rooney is doing at Derby. It was all a bit of a joke when he first got the job but he has got them fighting for their lives and picking up decent results. Started the season with about 12 fit pros too.

Yep, basically a slightly more limited situation as our own but they're actually making a much better stab of it than us on current form.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Nov 2021 14:27

tidus_mi2
NathStPaul On another note I think it is worth mentioning the job Wayne Rooney is doing at Derby. It was all a bit of a joke when he first got the job but he has got them fighting for their lives and picking up decent results. Started the season with about 12 fit pros too.

Yep, basically a slightly more limited situation as our own but they're actually making a much better stab of it than us on current form.

He is doing a decent job but I think the situation they are in essentially helps. They are all but doomed through no fault of their own, so there is literally no pressure on them as no-one gives them a hope of clawing back 21 pts to stay up. Be interesting to see what happens if they begin to get close due to other being awful. Getting above Barnsley will be their first target.

Also worth noting that 10 of the 22 points they have won have come directly after the points deductions (6/9 after admin and 4 points this week), as if the weight has lifted off them - ours seems to have had the opposite effect.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2021 14:34

tidus_mi2

dunno, they'd have about the same points as us wouldnt they without deductions?. And far as i know they haven't had about 16 injuries at any point in time

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 25 Nov 2021 17:22

Hound

Think it’s because that is the length of his current contract as under 23 manager so they’ve just replaced his existing one as first team coach instead for the same contract length. Let’s face it though you may as well use contracts in football for bog paper for all they are worth.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 17:29

Hound
tidus_mi2

dunno, they'd have about the same points as us wouldnt they without deductions?. And far as i know they haven't had about 16 injuries at any point in time

Started with a smaller squad though iirc.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2021 17:30

I guess the shame of only beating Reading 1-0 was too much

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Nov 2021 17:35

Snowflake Royal
Hound
tidus_mi2 Yep, basically a slightly more limited situation as our own but they're actually making a much better stab of it than us on current form.

Also limited by the EFL on what they could offer in wages compared to us.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Nov 2021 17:58

Interesting quotes from Sheffield United Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa:

Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Nov 2021 19:33

Orion1871 Interesting quotes from Sheffield United Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa:

Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either.

Haha wow, that's a very direct response.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 08:46

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Hound

yep. I'd say all in they've had about as good a deal as us and doing equally as well (squad size and restrictions compared to injuries). Not that they are making a much better stab at it

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Nov 2021 16:10

Hound
Zip
Snowflake Royal Started with a smaller squad though iirc.

yep. I'd say all in they've had about as good a deal as us and doing equally as well (squad size and restrictions compared to injuries). Not that they are making a much better stab at it

They have drawn a lot of their games and only lost five. We have won more but lost twice as many. You are correct in pointing on that net of points deductions they would be level with us but considering they have been hit so hard by the EFL I think Rooney deserves more credit than Pauno.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 16:19

Zip
Hound
Zip

They have drawn a lot of their games and only lost five. We have won more but lost twice as many. You are correct in pointing on that net of points deductions they would be level with us but considering they have been hit so hard by the EFL I think Rooney deserves more credit than Pauno.

more restricted about as much a handicap as a million injuries or whatever we've had imo

Anyway Pauno won't have that as an excuse going forward hopefully

17149 posts