17149 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by paultheroyal » 14 Jan 2022 15:45

Mid Sussex Royal
Needle I'd take Jagielka :wink:

But yeah, that's shit. Was kind of hoping they'd pull off the great escape, although recent events might have meant at our expense.

Yes defs particularly if Dann is now out for a bit

Jagielka would be a great signing, but he would stay up north and end up somewhere like Stoke City.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jan 2022 15:54

But yeah, that's shit. Was kind of hoping they'd pull off the great escape, although recent events might have meant at our expense.

You seem to be forgetting, he`s seen us play, he knows how shit we are.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jan 2022 15:58

Stranded
Hound
Stranded Derby have apparently been placed under a new embargo meaning they cannot register any players. Appears as part of this Phil Jagielka's contract has also been cancelled meaning he is not available tomorrow now (his deal ends next week).

As it stands, any player whose deal runs out this month - so Baldock would fall into this, will not have deals renewed and they cannot currently sign anyone else.

EFL asking for proof of funds to show they can complete the season - may mean Derby have to sell players as well to fund the rest of the season.

bit shit that isn't it? Kind of doing their best to make sure they go down

It is but the sale is dragging on, so I guess it is only right that they ensure they have enough money to get through to the end of the season as they will not want them to go bust in the season. Them staying up or not is not their concern after all but them going bust could impact the rest of the division.

Would actually help us though :wink:

I don't want Derby to go bust, I don't want any team to go bust but if them going bust meant the difference between survival and relegation I would take it every day.

For the record, for anyone unaware, if Derby go bust, their results would be expunged, we'd lose 1pt, Peterborough and Barnsley would lose 3pts.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Jan 2022 16:11

windermereROYAL

You seem to be forgetting, he`s seen us play, he knows how shit we are.

Yes that's quite a problem

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2022 09:36

paultheroyal
Mid Sussex Royal

Yes defs particularly if Dann is now out for a bit

Jagielka would be a great signing, but he would stay up north and end up somewhere like Stoke City.

Lol, good call.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 10:15

tidus_mi2
Stranded
Hound

It is but the sale is dragging on, so I guess it is only right that they ensure they have enough money to get through to the end of the season as they will not want them to go bust in the season. Them staying up or not is not their concern after all but them going bust could impact the rest of the division.

I don't want Derby to go bust, I don't want any team to go bust but if them going bust meant the difference between survival and relegation I would take it every day.

For the record, for anyone unaware, if Derby go bust, their results would be expunged, we'd lose 1pt, Peterborough and Barnsley would lose 3pts.

Yep it would be grim if Derby were liquidated. However it imperative we stay in this division. Ideally they survive but are unable to strengthen and nailed on for relegation.

zaskar

by zaskar » 15 Jan 2022 10:24

tidus_mi2
Stranded
Hound

If they were to go bust, would that mean just two teams relegated or four teams promoted in order to keep the championship at twenty four?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 10:40

zaskar
tidus_mi2
Stranded

If they were to go bust, would that mean just two teams relegated or four teams promoted in order to keep the championship at twenty four?

2 relegated from tier 2 and 3 promoted from tier 3 will maintain 24 at tier 2 next season that would then mean 3 relegated from tier 3 with 4 promoted from tier 4 and finally only 1 down from tier 4 with 2 promoted from tier 5.

The non league world would be where the “issue” is eventually resolved though it may mean one of the conference feeders plays with a team short.

However I think it is extremely unlikely that Derby will go bust before the end of the season.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2022 13:18

Cardiff are worse than us !!! and that`s pretty hard to achieve.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jan 2022 14:32

Royals and Racers Cardiff are worse than us !!! and that`s pretty hard to achieve.

Just lost and Blackburn down to 10 men

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 14:47

Mid Sussex Royal
Royals and Racers Cardiff are worse than us !!! and that`s pretty hard to achieve.

Cardiff’s home form is shocking. I thought they would start pulling away from the bottom three but they are very much in the mix.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2022 17:03

Dire result from Peterborough as well

We need to win there. And hope Derby either lose some players or something worse

Thankfully Cardiff are a bit useless. Is Moore injured for them still? Hope so

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 17:07

Hound Dire result from Peterborough as well

We need to win there. And hope Derby either lose some players or something worse

Thankfully Cardiff are a bit useless. Is Moore injured for them still? Hope so

Moore has covid again. Apparently unvaccinated.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:31

Mid Sussex Royal

Blackburn are on fire though tbf.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 18:31

It`s hard not to grudgingly admire Derby, Rooney is doing a hell of a job there, wouldn't be surprised if he was at Everton next season.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 18:35

windermereROYAL It`s hard not to grudgingly admire Derby, Rooney is doing a hell of a job there, wouldn't be surprised if he was at Everton next season.
yup, without the 21 point deduction, would be somewhere around tenth with 35 points from their scratch team…including Baldock

Off of bottom place today :shock:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 18:55

AthleticoSpizz
windermereROYAL It`s hard not to grudgingly admire Derby, Rooney is doing a hell of a job there, wouldn't be surprised if he was at Everton next season.
yup, without the 21 point deduction, would be somewhere around tenth with 35 points from their scratch team…including Baldock

Shows a few things

1) how it pays to have a manager who can motivate the players because they are clearly playing for their lives and are passionate for him

2) how mentally shit Barnsley are :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 19:10

Simmops
AthleticoSpizz

Shows a few things

1) how it pays to have a manager who can motivate the players because they are clearly playing for their lives and are passionate for him

Another team that think bringing in unknown foreign managers is the way to go. even that prick at west brom has been found out now.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 19:16

windermereROYAL
Simmops
AthleticoSpizz yup, without the 21 point deduction, would be somewhere around tenth with 35 points from their scratch team…including Baldock

Shows a few things

Another team that think bringing in unknown foreign managers is the way to go. even that prick at west brom has been found out now.

No coincidences that British managers are always better then foreign ones

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2022 20:26

Could do with Stoke doing us a favour and winning at Hull tomorrow

17149 posts