BFTG - Brentford

129 posts
OLLIE KEARNS

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by OLLIE KEARNS » 15 Feb 2017 13:00

No Fixed Abode
genome
John Smith I still think it looks a yard offside!

The interesting part of this picture is it shows up some of our defensive issues from last night. Blackett has got pulled into midfield, there is no pressure on the player with the ball, Moore steps up to play offside instead of tucking in and tracking the run of their one forward, Gunter is pointing up the pitch instead of pushing across and Williams plays Vibe onside by not holding the line. A really poor goal to concede. Hard to blame Williams when he's being asked to play somewhere alien to him. I wonder if he'd have shut the initial pass down in his normal position and so made everything else irrelevant....
McShane is both leader and organizer at the back and no doubt we'll benefit greatly with him back in the side. Hopefully he's back just in time for this run of very testing games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2017 13:12

NewCorkSeth
genome
NewCorkSeth Go to 50 seconds on the official rfc youtube highlights of the game and pause. He's offside.

He isn't. Here's a better quality screenshot, after he's kicked it.

Williams is playing him onside.

I have no idea how to upload screenshots but his upper body is nearer to the goal line than Williams @ the 50 second mark. That is offside. If he didn't lean forward so much he would be onside.

Here's literally the exact moment he hits the ball (nudged it right to the frame on Youtube - I'm bored at work today :lol: )

To me, it looks like his body is level with Williams.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Feb 2017 13:16

On a positive note, what an absolute peach of a pass from Liam Kelly that sent McCleary away down the right wing to set up our opening goal. Kelly is going to be some player for us.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 Feb 2017 13:17

LWJ Is it not done based on your feet?

No its based on any part of the body that is legal to score....

So an arm would mean you're onside but a head means you're offside

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2017 13:32

Top Flight On a positive note, what an absolute peach of a pass from Liam Kelly that sent McCleary away down the right wing to set up our opening goal. Kelly is going to be some player for us.

Gotta to agree. He made it look so simple.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 15 Feb 2017 13:54

OLLIE KEARNS
Battered for 50 minutes

:lol:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 15 Feb 2017 14:16

I would still say at least 9 times out of 10 the lino would flag for that. I also thought Mcleary was off in the build up to our first goal.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Feb 2017 14:35

Thought Brentford looked very decent, their 23 in particular looked a right handful, though he was given room to do so.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 15 Feb 2017 15:09

Out of interest, does anyone know when we last went into the lead, fall behind, but still won? I cannot image it was in the last three season or so, as we would have gone to pieces after losing the lead. I think that we were able to come back like this shows how much better the team spirit and determination is this season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2017 15:28

The Royal Forester Out of interest, does anyone know when we last went into the lead, fall behind, but still won? I cannot image it was in the last three season or so, as we would have gone to pieces after losing the lead. I think that we were able to come back like this shows how much better the team spirit and determination is this season.

Forest away in 2011 :shock:

Donny at home 2010 and Palace at home 2008 also.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 15 Feb 2017 15:50

genome
The Royal Forester Out of interest, does anyone know when we last went into the lead, fall behind, but still won? I cannot image it was in the last three season or so, as we would have gone to pieces after losing the lead. I think that we were able to come back like this shows how much better the team spirit and determination is this season.

Thanks,

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Feb 2017 15:56

genome

Best away game ever

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2017 15:59

John Smith
genome

Best away game ever

Depends on the criteria. West Ham away 2012 was better for me - didn't go to Southampton away 2012

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2017 16:00

Palace at home in 2005 was none too shabby as well with a Lita overhead kick to equalise then two late penalties missed by Reading and just as you thought that it was going to finish all square up popped Sonko

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2017 16:01

Jackson Corner I would still say at least 9 times out of 10 the lino would flag for that. I also thought Mcleary was off in the build up to our first goal.

I thought he was clearly offside and was amazed the lino didn't give it - at least he treated both sides equally!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2017 16:05

Dennis the Butler Play like that, with players out of position, and the only thing we'll get from the next two games is a hammering !

Clever mind games by Stam - lulling our forthcoming opponents into complacency at the thought of an easy win against a team with players all out of position and a defence full of holes!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Feb 2017 16:11

genome
NewCorkSeth Go to 50 seconds on the official rfc youtube highlights of the game and pause. He's offside.

Yep, you can clearly see from the cut of the grass.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Feb 2017 16:32

genome
NewCorkSeth
genome

I have no idea how to upload screenshots but his upper body is nearer to the goal line than Williams @ the 50 second mark. That is offside. If he didn't lean forward so much he would be onside.

Here's literally the exact moment he hits the ball (nudged it right to the frame on Youtube - I'm bored at work today :lol: )

To me, it looks like his body is level with Williams.

all of him is onside in that pic, shirley

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Feb 2017 16:39

We were crying out for someone to settle the defence

:lol:

not seeing it tbh. the defence has been/still is all over the place.

but then its extremely makeshift/patchwork currently

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 15 Feb 2017 17:06

Well, we got there in the end. On general football thread, at beginning of season, I said that I really fancied the 'Fud to do well this season. And, I'd say, their performance last night showed that they are definitely a force to be reckoned with once they tighten up at the back. As highlighted when they were 3-1 up against Bright'un recently with minutes to go. As for Hogan going to Villa.....certainly did us a favour. Jaap man's post match comment "I need to give Brentford a compliment because they are one of the best playing sides in the league." Says it all really.

129 posts