MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by WarmUpGate

136 posts
Emeraldroyal

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by WarmUpGate

by Emeraldroyal » 11 Mar 2017 16:57

CountryRoyal
Emeraldroyal They (Preston) are an excellent side playing without shackles.
Daryl Horgan must be the signing of the season they got him for next to nothing and he's scored one and laid on another causing us problems all day.
I'm a touch lost for words but with Leeds and Sheff Weds being equally inept today it's not so bad.
We will struggle to hold on now I'm afraid to say and let's be honest you can't fancy us against any of the top 6 :(

But we're in bonus territory really and nobody expected us to be competing for a playoff I know I certainly didn't.

Leeds game is massive now !

We will play really well but lose 0-1 which will give us confidence going into the next game where we play terrible and get dicked.

It's on the box isn't it ?
We're therefore absolutely oxf*rd

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2017 16:57

CountryRoyal Stam's got a very big job on his hands to turn this around. Not so much the results but the performances have been so lacking and a result like this has been coming.

Apart from the game 4 days ago :|

Here you go again...
Last edited by genome on 11 Mar 2017 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 16:57

Emeraldroyal
CountryRoyal
Emeraldroyal They (Preston) are an excellent side playing without shackles.
Daryl Horgan must be the signing of the season they got him for next to nothing and he's scored one and laid on another causing us problems all day.
I'm a touch lost for words but with Leeds and Sheff Weds being equally inept today it's not so bad.
We will struggle to hold on now I'm afraid to say and let's be honest you can't fancy us against any of the top 6 :(

But we're in bonus territory really and nobody expected us to be competing for a playoff I know I certainly didn't.

Leeds game is massive now !

We will play really well but lose 0-1 which will give us confidence going into the next game where we play terrible and get dicked.

It's on the box isn't it ?
We're therefore absolutely oxf*rd

Yep. Sealed our fate. :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 16:58

genome
CountryRoyal Stam's got a very big job on his hands to turn this around. Not so much the results but the performances have been so lacking and a result like this has been coming.

Here you go again...

45 minutes in what 5 games?

Wow. Watch out championship.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2017 17:01

P!ssed Off
RoyalBlue It is the defending really letting us down today. We have had more shots on target than them and most have been pretty good efforts. However, unlike us, they are not prepared to gift goals to their opponents. :cry:

So we've had lots of chances and not scored.
What does that tell you?

That if we'd defended as well as them it might well have been 0-0 and if they'd defended as badly as us 3-3!

Our efforts on target were pretty good too (unlike many in previous games).

And they had a bit of luck too - keeper knew very little about the McCleary's effort that cannoned away to safety off his shoulder. The ref also missed Boyle taking out Swift on the edge of the area as he looked likely to get on the end of a 1-2. Might even have been a second card for Boyle.

Until we gifted the first two goals away we were looking pretty good and I was confident that we were going to get at least a point from the game.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2017 17:05

CountryRoyal
genome

Here you go again...

Don't take this the wrong way m8, but you are the most tiresomely histrionic poster I've come across in quite a few years, with Sutekh a close second

It's like you get personally offended by poor performances.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2017 17:10

Preston aren't excellent, just a solid side with a good home record

We need to learn a new way to play away from home. Just getting picked off at the moment by anything other than the dross in the division. Not scoring and making horrific defensive mistakes

A week of hard work for Stam and co awaits. A win next week would be absolutely massive, but a defeat and we're out of the top 6 and going to find it hard to get back in

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Mar 2017 17:12

genome
CountryRoyal
genome

Here you go again...

Don't take this the wrong way m8, but you are the most tiresomely histrionic poster I've come across in quite a few years, with Sutekh a close second

Whereas you get personally offended by comments on a football forum.
You are tiresome.
Do everyone a favour and log off...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Mar 2017 17:12

I'm prepared to be shot down for this - but honestly I'm not bothered about promotion at all this year.

In fact I think it would be better if we stayed in this league for 1-2 more seasons depending on how we develop.

We're still building and I think we are capable of doing great things over time - if we keep JS.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Mar 2017 17:17

bobby1413 I'm prepared to be shot down for this - but honestly I'm not bothered about promotion at all this year.

In fact I think it would be better if we stayed in this league for 1-2 more seasons depending on how we develop.

We're still building and I think we are capable of doing great things over time - if we keep JS.

I agree, I won't shed a tear if we don't get promoted but that said, if we gain promotion I would equally be delighted. We could go on from this season and continue to build, eventually gaining comfortable promotion within 2-3 seasons, it could equally go the other way and we find ourselves going back to the team of the past two seasons, it's too hard to predict.

I still think we'll finish in the play-offs, with home games against Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham to come, I can't see us not making it, who will miss out? Could be Wednesday, that last game of the season against Fulham could be crucial.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2017 17:21

P!ssed Off
genome
CountryRoyal

You are tiresome.

Was I insulted personally? No. :| Strange comment.

I'd just rather not have to experience a poster having a mental breakdown the every time we lose.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2017 17:24

I'm not massively fussed about promotion this year but missing out on the play offs would be a kick in the teeth after being top 4 most of the season

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Mar 2017 17:24

bobby1413 I'm prepared to be shot down for this - but honestly I'm not bothered about promotion at all this year.

File under > Derby County :lol:

I wouldn't be too disheartened. But promotion has to be the aim every season. We may not spend big bucks, but the players get a good wedge and promotion is the target. Would Stam stick with us for another 2 or 3 years? That'd be a long tenure by today's standards.

We'll step up against Wednesday & Leeds anyway. The defence will get an earful this week. We just need to sort out this scoring goals business...
Last edited by royalp-we on 11 Mar 2017 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 17:24

genome
CountryRoyal
genome

Here you go again...

Don't take this the wrong way but I genuinely couldn't give a fukk what you think. m8.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 11 Mar 2017 17:26

If Fulham manage to beat Blackburn on Tuesday, they'll be up in 6th and play again on Sat. Not losing on Friday is surely the most important thing, as we all know that we'll lose on the TV to Leeds....At the start of the season I said I'd be happy with a top half finish. I stick by that, but I meant 10th....not bloody 7th again!!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 11 Mar 2017 17:34

Feel like we should put an extra player in midfield & go 4231 when playing away from home. Or three at the back ( got a feeling Stam is waiting for Ilori before switching back to it)

Personally think Fulham will finish comfortably in the play offs with Reading , Leeds & Sheff W battiling for the remaining two spaces.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Mar 2017 17:35

genome
P!ssed Off
genome

You are tiresome.

Was I insulted personally? No. :| Strange comment.

I'd just rather not have to experience a poster having a mental breakdown the every time we lose.

Put me on ignore then you utter tool :lol:

I can promise you I won't lose any sleep over it fella.

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 11 Mar 2017 17:42

That's a +1 from me

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Mar 2017 17:51

Kitsondinho If Fulham manage to beat Blackburn on Tuesday, they'll be up in 6th and play again on Sat. Not losing on Friday is surely the most important thing, as we all know that we'll lose on the TV to Leeds....At the start of the season I said I'd be happy with a top half finish. I stick by that, but I meant 10th....not bloody 7th again!!

Yet we have lost just 2 home games all season? :roll:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Mar 2017 17:52

Agreed, would at least like to finish top 6 and have a go at reaching Wembley but its not the be all and end all.

Maybe the pain of missing out might help the players motivation to make it next season

136 posts