Team for Fulham (h)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Team for Fulham (h)

by windermereROYAL » 13 May 2017 22:15

For me Evans and Swift and Grabben didn`t do enough today to retain their places.
.........................................................................................AHH......................................................................
Gunter...................................Moore..........................Blackett (Ilori).......................................Obita (Blackett)
...........................................................................Joey VDB......................................................................................
McCleary............................................Kelly (Swift)................................................Williams
......................................Kermy..................................Mendes....................................................

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Team for Fulham (h)

by NewCorkSeth » 13 May 2017 22:46

windermereROYAL For me Evans and Swift and Grabben didn`t do enough today to retain their places.
.........................................................................................AHH......................................................................
Gunter...................................Moore..........................Blackett (Ilori).......................................Obita (Blackett)
...........................................................................Joey VDB......................................................................................
McCleary............................................Kelly (Swift)................................................Williams
......................................Kermy..................................Mendes....................................................

That team looks Oxf*rd. What position are McCleary and Williams playing?

Davezk

by Davezk » 13 May 2017 22:49

I agree Swift was poor. Evans was ok.

AAH

Gunter Moore Ilori Obita (if ok)

Van den Berg, Kelly (if fit)

McCleary Willams Beerens

Kermorgant

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 May 2017 00:18

__________Moore______Ilori_______ Blackett________
Watson____________________________________Gunter
_____________________Kelly_________________________
________McCleary_____Williams_____Swift_________
__________________Kermogrant____________________

Grabban can fukk off

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 May 2017 02:02

If Obita is fit, we should stick with 3 at the back + wingbacks I think - Ilori in for McShane. If he's not, we'd have to push Blackett out to LB and bring VDB in as the third centre back (or Evans) - but I think that's a little bit of a risk for such a huge game. Bringing in Watson is another option, but I doubt Stam will throw him in with such little experience.

Praying that Obita is fit. If he just rolled his ankle he should hopefully be alright, so fingers crossed.

I'd like to see:
AAH
Gunter Ilori Moore Blackett Obita
Evans
Williams Kelly
Kermorgant McCleary

Think we missed Kelly a little going forward, and he's that bit more quick and snappy in defence than a Swift, who could come on to change it for us if need be.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 May 2017 10:47

John Madejski's Wallet __________Moore______Ilori_______ Blackett________
Watson____________________________________Gunter
_____________________Kelly_________________________
________McCleary_____Williams_____Swift_________
__________________Kermogrant____________________

Grabban can fukk off

I thought Grabban played quite well against Fulham. He did a decent job and might have scored if a ball that was pulled back for him wasn't intercepted just as he was shaping up to shoot.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 May 2017 15:20

windermereROYAL For me Evans and Swift and Grabben didn`t do enough today to retain their places.

Evans job was a negative one, IMO - he blocked the space for Cairney to play into, which worked reasonably well, but didn't give him any room for creating anything himself. Joey didn't look on it when he came on, and we know from experience it takes him a while to play himself back into match-fitness. If Macca hadn't got himself a suspension, I'd have gone with Evans, but maybe could do with the extra experience.

Swift wasn't great, really wasn't his kind of game though, and I can't see it being much different on Tuesday. Kelly has a bit more of a bite to him.

Mendes for Grabban seems fair enough, but I thought Grabban actually did reasonably well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 May 2017 15:29

McCleary for Grabban, Kelly for Swift and Beerens for McShane for me - if Obita is fully fit that is.

If he isn't then I think we need to go 5 at the back and try to work out how we fill that LB position. It really is the one spot we can't adequately cover imo

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 May 2017 15:38

Hound McCleary for Grabban, Kelly for Swift and Beerens for McShane for me - if Obita is fully fit that is.

If he isn't then I think we need to go 5 at the back and try to work out how we fill that LB position. It really is the one spot we can't adequately cover imo

Gunter comes across, and McCleary plays wing-back the other side?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 14 May 2017 17:19

AAH

Gunter
Ilori
Moore
Blackett

Mclearly
Swift
Kelly
Williams
Beerens

Kermorgett

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 May 2017 18:05

muirinho
Hound McCleary for Grabban, Kelly for Swift and Beerens for McShane for me - if Obita is fully fit that is.

Gunter comes across, and McCleary plays wing-back the other side?

Gunter on his wrong side against Fredericks is not something that feels me with optimism though. It might be what we have to do - else Blackett there again and maybe Joey in a back 5 - but again not really what I'd like to see

Just hoping if it is just a strain it can be patched up with a few painkillers to get Obita through

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 May 2017 19:30

There was an earlier game where Obita looked to have suffered a serious injury but was back playing again within 3 or 4 days-I wonder if he is susceptible to severe cramp.
As for Tuesday's side I feel that McCleary has to play as their left-back isn't great defensively and I think Joey is too slow both in thought and movement so Kelly rather than him for me.
Although Grabban is often not strong enough when the ball is played to him I do think he reads Kermorgant and vice versa whereas Mendes is more of a battering ram.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 May 2017 19:37

as long as we have a credible Plan B......I really couldn't give a xxxx

Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Half Horse » 14 May 2017 19:49

We will play five at the back again - we need to negate the attacking threat from Fulham's fullbacks. Ilori in for McShane and VDB in for Obita (Blackett moves to wing back) if he's not fit.

RoyalJack

by RoyalJack » 14 May 2017 21:09

Could always play GMac at lwb, pace to deal with their bloke and forays forward could pin them back

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 May 2017 21:14

RoyalJack Could always play GMac at lwb, pace to deal with their bloke and forays forward could pin them back

Not ideal but it's not a horribly bad shout.

If we go 4 at the back with Blackett LB, Fulham might as well just go straight to Wembley.

RoyalJack

by RoyalJack » 14 May 2017 21:31

Al Habsi

Gunter Illori Moore Blackett McCleary

Kelly

Swift Williams

Beerens

Kermorgant

Can easily go 442 with GMac one side and Beerens on the other and taking a CB off if we're chasing the game

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 15 May 2017 07:14

We played a winger (Harriott) at wing-back in the fog game. Fredericks was running riot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2017 07:39

The other possibility - though risky and at odds with the way we have handled Fulham in the last couple of games - would be to play McCleary and Beerens/Popa as out and out wingers Very high up the pitch to try to stop their full backs making so many attacking runs

It may work, but you'd need Evans/Williams to be very sharp defensively and able to cover if they got 2 on 1 against our full backs

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 May 2017 14:27

If Obita is fit:

-----------------------Ali-------------------
-Gunter-Ilori-Moore-Blackett-Obita-
-----------Williams---Kelly-
-------------------Beerens
-----------Kermorgant-Mendes

If Obita isn't

----------------------Ali
-Gunter---Moore--Ilori----Blackett
-------------------vdB
----------Williams---Kelly
----------------Beerens-
----------Kermorgant-Mendes

Alternatively, put Kelly in where I'd have Beerens and Evans deeper with Williams (thought Evans was decent in the first leg), if Kelly if fit - that is.

An alternative, double up the wings
----------------------Ali
-Gunter----Moore--Ilori-----Blackett
-------------Williams-Evans
McCleary--------Kelly--------Beerens
-----------------Kermorgant

Or we could send Danzell/Wieser out to wreak havoc, injure their best players - Cairney, Aluko, Ayite, Kebano, Johansen and Fredericks (plus Malone, because he's a oxf*rd). Since they can only have 3 subs they'll have to play on with 7 men against our 10. We can probably sacrifice either of them to criminal charges and wash our hands of them.