MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by whoever's got the bottle

221 posts
theresayakonthepitch

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by whoever's got the bottle

by theresayakonthepitch » 16 May 2017 11:51

Just off to bed in Melbourne, Australia ready for a 4:30am alarm. Game is on beIN sports down here.
Feeling really hopeful for a 2-0 win. Wish I was there for this one, but will just have to wait for the final!
Last game I got to was Sheff Weds away. Worthy of the final.
Enjoy the game and be loud!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2017 11:58

It's great that all the pundits are backing Fulham again. Fulham really have to perform and prove them all right. They wouldn't want to let anyone down.

Since the 5-0 nightmare at Craven Cottage lessons have been learned about Fulham. We know Fulham's game inside out now and what their threats are. We have practical experience dealing with them as well as lots of theoretical knowledge. In 225 minutes of football against Fulham since the nightmare at the Cottage, Fulham have scored just one goal against us.

It's going to be an interesting night tonight. Literally any type of result is possible.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2017 12:14

Top Flight Literally any type of result is possible.

A-A
Due to the outbreak of WW3 announced at HT. All males 18 and over (spectators & players) must report to the town hall to enlist, ready to set sail at 9:00am Wednesday morning.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 May 2017 12:17

Winston Biscuit

A-A
Due to the outbreak of WW3 announced at HT. All males 18 and over (spectators & players) must report to the town hall to enlist, ready to set sail at 9:00am Wednesday morning.

Glad I'm unable to attend now. :shock:

The Informant

by The Informant » 16 May 2017 12:18

Winston Biscuit

A-A

At the next RFC game after the war, there could be 22000 minutes applause.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2017 12:22

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... ic=59946.0

Fulham now think they are the underdogs just because TalkSport have now backed Reading and Stam to win promotion.

Fulham with the backing of 99% of the pundits are very much FAVOURITES. The pressure is certainly on you Fulham. You have Prutton backing you. You have Gale backing you. You are backed from London to Brazil. Everyone expects Fulham to win. Now deliver boys in White. Let's see you deliver.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2017 12:26

'favourites' is a subjective term

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 12:27

Key question is who is Peter Beagrie backing ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 May 2017 13:21

They are a strange lot those Fulham fans. Since when did we 'kick lumps out of them'? One crapp tackle from McShane (where he was very clearly fouled in the first place), but other than that....very little.

Proper throw out the toys as we didn't let them do what they wanted to do with their attacking play. Why should Stam change anything when the system he has played against them is working?

Anyway, every other pundit/bookie etc has made Fulm clear favourites.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2017 14:31

on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch.....

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2017 14:32

Hound They are a strange lot those Fulham fans. Since when did we 'kick lumps out of them'? One crapp tackle from McShane (where he was very clearly fouled in the first place), but other than that....very little.

Proper throw out the toys as we didn't let them do what they wanted to do with their attacking play. Why should Stam change anything when the system he has played against them is working?

I watched a replay of the game just to see if I had missed it where we kicked lumps out of them and I didn't really find any examples of our dirty play. Also the Swift corner. The ref was a bit impatient to book him for time wasting. He was just about to take it, then the ref got his card out.

The Fulham fans are very strange indeed. The magnitude of the occasion must be getting to them. They can't analyse things with a clear unbiased mind at the moment. It's amazing what pressure can do to you.

Fortunately for us there is no pressure. The bookies don't fancy us, the pundits don't fancy us, nobody fancies us and as for ourselves. I'm just happy that we finished outside the bottom three after the way it was looking in the summer. Fulham have to meet expectations now and we have nothing to lose.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 14:40

Smallish article in the I today. Almost entirely Fulham oriented. Essentially an interview with Fredericks which says they are under big pressure to win because if they don't all their top players will be sold off.
Apparantly they have lots of good young prospects.
Right at the end it does mention that Obita scored on Saturday.

Nice contrast in that at least one of our bright young prospects has publically stated he's here for the long term and not interested in a move. I genuinely feel that would be true of a number of our players. Can't see Kelly throwing a wobbly a demanding a move to Watford if we don't go up.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2017 14:47

Top Flight
Hound They are a strange lot those Fulham fans. Since when did we 'kick lumps out of them'? One crapp tackle from McShane (where he was very clearly fouled in the first place), but other than that....very little.

I watched a replay of the game just to see if I had missed it where we kicked lumps out of them and I didn't really find any examples of our dirty play. Also the Swift corner. The ref was a bit impatient to book him for time wasting. He was just about to take it, then the ref got his card out.

The Fulham fans are very strange indeed. The magnitude of the occasion must be getting to them. They can't analyse things with a clear unbiased mind at the moment. It's amazing what pressure can do to you.

Fortunately for us there is no pressure. The bookies don't fancy us, the pundits don't fancy us, nobody fancies us and as for ourselves. I'm just happy that we finished outside the bottom three after the way it was looking in the summer. Fulham have to meet expectations now and we have nothing to lose.

Your last paragraph was exactly how I was feeling. Success was staying up. I would of taken 14th place as a triumph, I love the championship but....

Someone explain to me why I have this sick feeling. Why am I constantly nervous? Why could I not eat my avocado and kiwi salad for lunch today? Why am I constantly clock watching....

Reading FC don't do this to me, don't now dangle this carrot of an amazing Wembley experience when it was never expected. I would of taken a one goal deficit going into second leg but you even beat expectations now....

I never had a balloon to burst.... over the past few weeks you have given me that balloon... don't burst it now.... it's so close.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2017 14:47

Top Flight

Your last paragraph was exactly how I was feeling. Success was staying up. I would of taken 14th place as a triumph, I love the championship but....

Someone explain to me why I have this sick feeling. Why am I constantly nervous? Why could I not eat my avocado and kiwi salad for lunch today? Why am I constantly clock watching....

Reading FC don't do this to me, don't now dangle this carrot of an amazing Wembley experience when it was never expected. I would of taken a one goal deficit going into second leg but you even beat expectations now....

I never had a balloon to burst.... over the past few weeks you have given me that balloon... don't burst it now.... it's so close.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 May 2017 16:36

#Now watch me rise up and leave,
All the ashes you made out of me,
When you said that we were wrong, life goes on,
Just look how long I've agreed#

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 16 May 2017 17:35

theresayakonthepitch Just off to bed in Melbourne, Australia ready for a 4:30am alarm. Game is on beIN sports down here.
Feeling really hopeful for a 2-0 win. Wish I was there for this one, but will just have to wait for the final!
Last game I got to was Sheff Weds away. Worthy of the final.
Enjoy the game and be loud!

Right so thats 2 of us with early alarms at least. 2.30am alarm here, fingers crossed will be booking flights at 4.30.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 May 2017 18:16

any team news?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 May 2017 18:39

Obita out, Joey and Tiago in

So not great. Blackett need the game of his life at LB. Kelly on the bench, along with Big Danzell. Same team otherwise

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 May 2017 18:40

Moore Ilori and VdD in defence? Yikes

Would have loved to see McCleary instead of Grabban.

Bring it on

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2017 19:04

Such a shame both Obita and McShane are out and McCleary and Kelly aren't fit to start. That's a big hit to our first XI.

Obviously we've still got plenty of chance, but I'm nervous and far less confident than I would be with those players all fully fit and available to play in the first XI.

This is going to be hard.

221 posts