Good luck from Hartlepool

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ally1961

Good luck from Hartlepool

by Ally1961 » 20 May 2017 00:37

All the very best in the Play-Off Final. Always kept an eye on Reading since you signed Terry Bell from Hartlepool in 1969. On afternoons Terry worked for my Dad in his Audi franchise cleaning cars and running errands to earn a few extra quid. He became a close friend of the family and as an 8 year old was gutted when he left for Reading. We last met up when he attended a reunion for Hartlepool United about 13 years ago. A top player and my all-time footballing hero. He's also Jeff Stelling's all-time favourite player.

My other memory of Reading is seeing the best footballer most people never saw - Robin Friday. I was very lucky to see 'Man Friday' grace Victoria Park in the early 70s - something I'll never forget. A sheer genius and the best opposition player I've ever seen at Hartlepool United in 51 years.

Hopefully Terry and Robin Friday will be looking down and cheering you on to the Premier League.

Linden Jones' Tash

Re: Good luck from Hartlepool

by Linden Jones' Tash » 20 May 2017 08:13

Cheers mate!

And good luck to you guys in your battle back

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 May 2017 08:13

Cheers, more recently there is of course the Tishbola link. I'm sure you are as surprised and disappointed as us with the way his career has gone.
Good luck next season, hope you get back in the FL ASAP.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 20 May 2017 08:21

Say hi to Jeff from us.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 May 2017 08:47

Nameless Cheers, more recently there is of course the Tishbola link. I'm sure you are as surprised and disappointed as us with the way his career has gone.
Good luck next season, hope you get back in the FL ASAP.

They also got him a decent song, no idea who thought they could fit Tishibola into Gold.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2017 10:53

Ally1961 All the very best in the Play-Off Final. Always kept an eye on Reading since you signed Terry Bell from Hartlepool in 1969. On afternoons Terry worked for my Dad in his Audi franchise cleaning cars and running errands to earn a few extra quid. He became a close friend of the family and as an 8 year old was gutted when he left for Reading. We last met up when he attended a reunion for Hartlepool United about 13 years ago. A top player and my all-time footballing hero. He's also Jeff Stelling's all-time favourite player.

My other memory of Reading is seeing the best footballer most people never saw - Robin Friday. I was very lucky to see 'Man Friday' grace Victoria Park in the early 70s - something I'll never forget. A sheer genius and the best opposition player I've ever seen at Hartlepool United in 51 years.

Hopefully Terry and Robin Friday will be looking down and cheering you on to the Premier League.

Poor old Terry Bell, one of my favourites at the time. Shoved in the back making him concede the own goal at Villa that sent us into the basement for the first time.

Sad to see you go out of the league. I can remember going to a previous Reading game at Hartlepool on the last game of the season when you were again facing that prospect. That time around results went your way. Hope you bounce straight back.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 May 2017 11:27

Tenuous TB link.....he used to live a few doors down.

Good luck to you monkeyhangers, its a tough league to get out of. Might see you down at Maidenhead next season.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1