The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Sep 2018 23:01

Yeah he's another cliche merchant same with Liam Moore. Full of all the buzz phrases they think supporters want to hear in order to curry favour. There's literally nothing that can be said other that "we are shit".

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Sep 2018 09:15

Players and social media really is a lose-lose situation

---> If they don't come out and acknowledge fans or the performances they get knocked and criticised for it

---> if they do come out and tweet or post, then fans just ridicule their comments and get more irate

---> if they are active on social media (like that pr1ck Liam Kelly) then they are subject to comments like "an hour after losing and he's on instagram screwing about without a care in the world".

Sadly, the way things are, all of the above are fair reactions.

When players say "We know we played sh1te, we all feel terribly, believe me we are not happy about it", I would happily accept it ***IF*** the next game they played entirely different, like they had a point to prove. Even losing is fine by me, as long as I can see urgency, intensity, passion, blood, sweat and a real urge to make a point. But we haven't seen that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Sep 2018 10:24

bobby1413 Players and social media really is a lose-lose situation

---> If they don't come out and acknowledge fans or the performances they get knocked and criticised for it

---> if they do come out and tweet or post, then fans just ridicule their comments and get more irate

---> if they are active on social media (like that pr1ck Liam Kelly) then they are subject to comments like "an hour after losing and he's on instagram screwing about without a care in the world".

When players say "We know we played sh1te, we all feel terribly, believe me we are not happy about it", I would happily accept it ***IF*** the next game they played entirely different, like they had a point to prove. Even losing is fine by me, as long as I can see urgency, intensity, passion, blood, sweat and a real urge to make a point. But we haven't seen that.

I don’t use twitter which is probably for the best but I just don’t care about fan interaction on social media and stuff. Players should be seen and not heard. Just put your head downs and get on with your effing jobs. If you’re going to say something be honest or don’t bother at all.

Last point is absolutely spot on which is even harder to take. We’re paying money to get mugged off by a bunch of vvankers who don’t care about us or our club, and then have the cheek to tell us they try their best. If that was true then we could understand, but it quite clearly and obviously isn’t.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Sep 2018 09:37

bobby1413 Players and social media really is a lose-lose situation

Apart from the third one obvs, which is just entitled bentness from the fans

Oh and the second one

And the first of course

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2018 09:53

Twitter is increasingly a playground for morons who lack intellecual circumspection.

Just because you have a voice, doesn't mean you have anything to say or have to say it. And that goes for fans and players.

Mr. Pharmacist

by Mr. Pharmacist » 05 Sep 2018 14:13

From Despair To Where? Twitter is increasingly a playground for morons who lack intellecual circumspection.

Just because you have a voice, doesn't mean you have anything to say or have to say it. And that goes for fans and players.

I've actually had to retire from twitter because of this.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2018 09:22

Anyone familiar with that Taking The Biscuit account? Truly awful fan run account that has started to make some of the worst points known to man. Keep an eye on it.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 10 Sep 2018 10:21

How weird is that Maffff bloke on twitter. he's a fully grown man making up rumours like a child.

Just catching up with the thread hence why its late x

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2018 10:23

Theroyalbox How weird is that Maffff bloke on twitter. he's a fully grown man making up rumours like a child.

He used to be decent on there. He has completely lost his mind since Stam left, literally can't bear it that he's not here anymore.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2018 10:49

Old Man Andrews Anyone familiar with that Taking The Biscuit account? Truly awful fan run account that has started to make some of the worst points known to man. Keep an eye on it.

Pretty sure that's run by Jay.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2018 10:50

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews Anyone familiar with that Taking The Biscuit account? Truly awful fan run account that has started to make some of the worst points known to man. Keep an eye on it.

Gorman? Should have known. What a oxf*rd bell.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Sep 2018 12:50

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox How weird is that Maffff bloke on twitter. he's a fully grown man making up rumours like a child.

He used to be decent on there. He has completely lost his mind since Stam left, literally can't bear it that he's not here anymore.

He is insanely active on there, seems to come up repeatedly on my Timeline, most usually with some attack on Clement

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Sep 2018 12:53

I vaguely remember this being mentioned about a month ago, but what the feck is EdibleReading about?

I used to like the guy (?) but recently in the last 2-3 months he's (?) become increasingly arrogant, snobby, superior and just a bit of a knob.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2018 14:41

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman

Yuh. He made a cracking post about our poor body language, before someone pointed out the example he was using was from the only game we've won this season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2018 14:46

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Pretty sure that's run by Jay.

Yuh. He made a cracking post about our poor body language, before someone pointed out the example he was using was from the only game we've won this season.

Yeah saw that. The players were also climbing steps at the time.

Everything you need to know about that utter bell is clear for all to see with the pathetic flag he takes to games. Has his own surname on it rather than the club name, he's an egotistical numpty.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Sep 2018 14:55

Old Man Andrews clear for all to see with the pathetic flag he takes to games. Has his own surname on it rather than the club name, he's an egotistical numpty.

Chortle, yea I have seen that flag within Y25 and also at the back of Club 1871

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2018 15:37

bobby1413
Old Man Andrews clear for all to see with the pathetic flag he takes to games. Has his own surname on it rather than the club name, he's an egotistical numpty.

Chortle, yea I have seen that flag within Y25 and also at the back of Club 1871

He's also my nailed on pick for the person behind that Reading FC Truth account. Both that and the Takin The Biscuit account started at the same time. Gorman used to be quite venomous and apparently calmed down in recent months. I think he uses the fan accounts to hide behind so he can dish out abuse all the time.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Nov 2018 12:43

Anyone advocating Brian Tevreden to "come home" deserves an immediate and permanent place on the Twatter idiots shitlist.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 19 Nov 2018 12:53

sandman Anyone advocating Brian Tevreden to "come home" deserves an immediate and permanent place on the Twatter idiots shitlist.

Why’s that then?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Nov 2018 13:07

WAZZOCK
sandman Anyone advocating Brian Tevreden to "come home" deserves an immediate and permanent place on the Twatter idiots shitlist.

Why’s that then?

709 posts