The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
biff

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by biff » 24 Jul 2017 23:18

Stopped following a spastic pseudo-named mafffff after some HILARIOUS retweets of old results to add to confusion. twitter is painful.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Jul 2017 23:25

WAZZOCK
genome
urz13 Courtney Friday has been poor. There seems to be some kind of Chronicle love affair on twitter currently - but they've been useless all summer. Didn't get the Clement or Bodvarsson news, was wrong about Oliviera and have not really reported any credible rumours all summer.

Thought he'd been okay up until Forestieri-g8.

There's only so much they can do if the club are basically lying to them about things, but him and Smudger have been asking the right questions and seem much more pro-active than Jonathan Low.

All I'd say about that though, is why would the club do him any favours if all he does is slag them off? Realistically print media is at deaths door, so what value is there for the club to give the nod to some small time 'journalist' with a complex? Watts is a very good example of someone demonstrating two-way respect with the club, and the results he got were tremendous. Friday will never have that because he constantly acts like and insufferable scrote.

Some quick Twitter analysis

None of the club, Brian Tevreden, or the senior players (that I can see) follow Courtney Friday on twitter
The club follows Smudger - but Tevreden doesn't - and I didn't spot any senior players in his follow list either.

Tevreden, the club, and a couple of senior players follow Jonathan Low
All of the above, and additional senior players follow Charles Watts.

Admittedly maybe with Charlie Watts, they've forgotten to unfollow him. Or like getting Arsenal news! (Gmac is an Arsenal fan, isn't he?)

But the difference between even Jonathan Low, who hasn't been doing the job for that long, and Smudger is pretty stark all the same. Maybe the club haven't forgiven the chronicle yet for *that* article?

In which case, if the Chronicle guys are running up against a brick wall all the time, maybe that's why they get a bit tetchy. Don't know. But to me it doesn't look like Friday is helping his own case. He's going to out-Kempson Kempson if he doesn't watch out.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jul 2017 02:11

biff Stopped following a spastic pseudo-named mafffff after some HILARIOUS retweets of old results to add to confusion. twitter is painful.

Good times :mrgreen:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Jul 2017 07:59

maffff
biff Stopped following a spastic pseudo-named mafffff after some HILARIOUS retweets of old results to add to confusion. twitter is painful.

Good times :mrgreen:

Haha, I do find some of those old tweets both farking annoying to the point of raging about it. And also quite funny.

The worst is half way through a game that I'm not at at and someone retweets from 2-3 years ago saying "GOALLLLL!!!!!!! Reading equalise against <team name>". I always check the date but the immediate surge of excitement is always there, followed by the joy sucking angry realisation that it's an old tweet.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Jul 2017 08:04

no RFCDan? Usually he's good for arguing about religion, or posting that he's only been given £5k in cash for his birthday.

I did see this post recently (edited as I didn't want to be unfair to those pictured):

1) who describes their brother as "beautiful"?
2) can someone photoshop some willies in their hands or something equally humorous

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2017 08:12

WAZZOCK On the subject of insufferable scrotes....

Constant self promotion on such a low level, he genuinely thinks he's something special.

He just had work experience with the Chronicle, hasn't he?

Just saying, taking shots at young blokes trying to get their foot in the door is pretty lame. Same goes for Friday.

There is far worse from Reading fans on Twitter.

jar95

by jar95 » 25 Jul 2017 09:17

Some right tools on Twitter, most have been mentioned

Nath St Paul who is living off something he done a few years ago, but is the most negative person
Sir Dodger Royal - has to be a wind up account surely?
Jake Moore and his merry men - think they're top lads

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2017 10:35

bobby1413 The worst is half way through a game that I'm not at at and someone retweets from 2-3 years ago saying "GOALLLLL!!!!!!! Reading equalise against <team name>". I always check the date but the immediate surge of excitement is always there, followed by the joy sucking angry realisation that it's an old tweet.

Urgh I hate that.

I think mafff is guilty of it by the way :P Fooled me during the Rotherham home game by retweeting that we had gone 1-0 down. I was pissed off for a couple of minutes, realised it was old, and then we actually did go 1-0 down :lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jul 2017 11:49

Hey! I didn't do it once in June.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jul 2017 12:58

There's a bloke called Gary Rickett who pops up on various fan group pages on Facebook (not sure if he's on Twitter) and all he post is stuff about Reading not spending enough cash. If you try to mention anything like a reasoned argument as to why this is not possible he'll just start aiming childish insults at you. Total oxf*rd.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2017 13:03

I will postul8 that idiocy isn't limited to the internet.

On my dog walk a couple of mornings ago I bumped into another dog-walker in an RFC jacket, got chatting about the club, and he started going on about how we keep selling all of our players to Luton. I tried correcting him that it's just Jack Stacey but he wasn't having it.

Bemused.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jul 2017 13:12

genome I will postul8 that idiocy isn't limited to the internet.

On my dog walk a couple of mornings ago I bumped into another dog-walker in an RFC jacket, got chatting about the club, and he started going on about how we keep selling all of our players to Luton. I tried correcting him that it's just Jack Stacey but he wasn't having it.

Bemused.

:lol:

Should've tried talking to the dog...

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Jul 2017 13:35

genome I will postul8 that idiocy isn't limited to the internet.

Bemused.

Sean Long loan deal, get with the times pal.

And no, I don't have a dog.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2017 13:38

He's gone to Lincoln

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Jul 2017 13:53

genome He's gone to Lincoln

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013–2017 Reading 0 (0)
2015–2016 → Luton Town (loan) 9 (0)

Head in the sand?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jul 2017 14:00

But he was talking about this summer :?

And a loan isn't a sale :?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jul 2017 14:48

The problem with the internet is that you give all the idiots in the world a platform to express their idiocy infinitely and if they choose, certain anonymity. If not than at least confrontation is limited to a few words on a computer screen.

Slightly off topic but there was a game hunter in Spain who killed herself on account of all the online abuse she got for persuing a legal, if contentious, activity. Would these people have said what they said to her face? Maybe some, but most I doubt it.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jul 2017 15:37

CountryRoyal The problem with the internet is that you give all the idiots in the world a platform to express their idiocy infinitely and if they choose, certain anonymity. If not than at least confrontation is limited to a few words on a computer screen.

Slightly off topic but there was a game hunter in Spain who killed herself on account of all the online abuse she got for persuing a legal, if contentious, activity. Would these people have said what they said to her face? Maybe some, but most I doubt it.

Game hunter? I'll shed no tears and I would have no qualms telling anyone who thinks hunting animals for sport is fun what a ham shanker they are to their face.

double d

by double d » 25 Jul 2017 17:58

Tilehurstsouthbank
CountryRoyal The problem with the internet is that you give all the idiots in the world a platform to express their idiocy infinitely and if they choose, certain anonymity. If not than at least confrontation is limited to a few words on a computer screen.

Game hunter? I'll shed no tears and I would have no qualms telling anyone who thinks hunting animals for sport is fun what a ham shanker they are to their face.

Yeah like that American nobjockey who killed Cecil the lion. He is one of the people that if I ever come across in my life I would call him a bellend and punch him square in the nuts.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 25 Jul 2017 20:19

Kendall Jones (look her up) is by far the worst. She killed an animal which only had 120 left. Hamster looking oxf*rd

709 posts