Relegation

1865 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jul 2021 18:55

Royal_jimmy Relegation..

A possible reality if we can't sign any players due to FFP

Thanks for bringing back the negativity, really needed it.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Jul 2021 19:23

We've enough to stay up with the current squad as it is

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jul 2021 19:44

I've seen us relegated 4 times and 2007/08 is the only time Ive looked at the squad at the beginning of the season and not thought "the squad is nowhere near good enough".

Yes, we are light at full back but we have a decent keeper, 4 more than adequate centre backs, even without Olise, 4 midfielders who would get into just about any team in this division and 2 decent forwards at this level. Yes we need depth but we have decent players more than capable of keeping us clear of a relegation battle this season. We may have to rely on the loan market but needs must.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Jul 2021 19:52

Not sure if this is the right place for this but Reading are officially on the EFL naughty list:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes

Governance
Embargo Reporting Service
In the interests of transparency and in line with the principles of good governance, in June 2021 EFL Clubs approved an amendment to the Regulations to allow the EFL to publish a list of those Clubs under registration embargoes on EFL.com.

Clubs under embargo will be named on this dedicated Embargo Reporting Service page, along with the reason the Club has been placed under embargo. For example, the regulation the Club has failed to comply with.

Reading

Breach of Profit and Sustainability Rules

Just a one liner, other clubs have more breeches

General Twitter chat here about all clubs:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reluctantnic ... 4883208193

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jul 2021 20:57

Royal_jimmy Relegation..

The bed wetters have started early this year.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 07 Jul 2021 21:19

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy Relegation..

Agreed

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 07 Jul 2021 23:31

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy Relegation..

Tell me about it…it’s boring!

We have a decent core of the squad. No chance this team is getting relegated with a spine of Morrison, McIntyre, Laurent, Rino & Joao.

I’d adjust our expectations to lower midtable unless we sign some players, but relegation isn’t a dead cert.

We need to sort the balance of the squad out…sign 2 wide men, a left back, and probably sell Puscas for decent money & replace with a striker. Sign a back up CM on loan.

4-5 signings, of which say 2 on loan

The challenge will be in signing anyone with any real quality, but we should be able to beef out the squad and get the balance sorted

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 07:28

There is absolutely no way of knowing where we will be come May 2022, ridiculous to suggest we will be relegated at this stage. For all anyone knows our academy might have produced players who are the next Michael Olise or Omar Richards, we just don't know yet. Need to give it time.

Always said with the Championship that you have to give it until Christmas to get a good read on where you will end up come the end of the season. Teams can easily go on runs that can move them up the league quickly and you can also have teams who start well then go on a really bad run and fall away.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Jul 2021 08:41

Notts Royal
windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy Relegation..

We have a decent core of the squad. No chance this team is getting relegated with a spine of Morrison, McIntyre, Laurent, Rino & Joao.

I’d adjust our expectations to lower midtable unless we sign some players, but relegation isn’t a dead cert.

We need to sort the balance of the squad out…sign 2 wide men, a left back, and probably sell Puscas for decent money & replace with a striker. Sign a back up CM on loan.

The challenge will be in signing anyone with any real quality, but we should be able to beef out the squad and get the balance sorted

What if we don't sign anyone? Which i'd say in 50-50 right now.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2021 08:46

Relegation is a possibility every year, tbh. So is promotion.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2021 09:37

Elm Park Kid
Notts Royal
windermereROYAL

What if we don't sign anyone? Which i'd say in 50-50 right now.

If we sign nobody then we will likely start the season with a first XI that could look like this (assuming everyone else remains fit and Olise is gone)

Rafael

Holmes
Morrison
McIntyre
Bristow

Laurent
Rinhomota
Swift
Ejaria

Puscas
Joao

We could easily shift to a 3-5-2 formation and Moore isn't listed as he is likely unavailable at the start due to Gold Cup participation.

The bench would be very light but it's not a relegation XI by any stretch.

All we know at the moment is that the embargo existed in June, it may well get lifted some time between now and the end of the window, so I'm not worried as yet and worst comes to worst we get to see how good the next wave of academy lads actually are.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Jul 2021 10:12

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jul 2021 10:56

Snowball https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/american-football/derby-and-two-other-championship-clubs-hit-with-transfer-embargo/ar-AALUru3

Ouch, that article says we can`t pay a transfer fee, can i assume we can get people in on loan?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jul 2021 11:17

Snowball https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/american-football/derby-and-two-other-championship-clubs-hit-with-transfer-embargo/ar-AALUru3

Of course, only Wayne Rooney's Derby County are described as being 'down to the bare bones' in terms of their squad!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2021 11:21

RoyalBlue

Of course, only Wayne Rooney's Derby County are described as being 'down to the bare bones' in terms of their squad!

To be fair, I think they only have 11 senior pros or something and no CBs, so they aren't wrong.

We meanwhile, would have a very weak bench, we at least have a decent-ish starting XI:

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
McIntyre/Bristow

Rhino
Laurent

Ovie
Swift
Puscas

Joao

I'd back that XI to do pretty well in most games.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 11:34

Hendo
RoyalBlue

To be fair, I think they only have 11 senior pros or something and no CBs, so they aren't wrong.

We meanwhile, would have a very weak bench, we at least have a decent-ish starting XI:

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
McIntyre/Bristow

Rhino
Laurent

Ovie
Swift
Puscas

Joao

We have no way of knowing that our youngsters on the bench can't come on and make an impact either, for all we know they will be real prospects. Our bench could end up being stronger than we think.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Jul 2021 11:35

From Despair To Where? we have a decent keeper

Who's that then?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2021 11:40

NathStPaul
Hendo
RoyalBlue

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
McIntyre/Bristow

Rhino
Laurent

Ovie
Swift
Puscas

Joao

We have no way of knowing that our youngsters on the bench can't come on and make an impact either, for all we know they will be real prospects. Our bench could end up being stronger than we think.

Very true. I think Tetek will come on this year and improve and there are always going to be youngsters looking to step up and prove themselves.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Jul 2021 11:43

Hendo
NathStPaul
Hendo

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
McIntyre/Bristow

Rhino
Laurent

Ovie
Swift
Puscas

Joao

Very true. I think Tetek will come on this year and improve and there are always going to be youngsters looking to step up and prove themselves.

Forgot about Tetek, excited to see his progress. When Swift picks up his annual injury he should get plenty of starts.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 08 Jul 2021 11:49

NathStPaul
Hendo
RoyalBlue

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
McIntyre/Bristow

Rhino
Laurent

Ovie
Swift
Puscas

Joao

Id say the fact none of them got a look in even after our play off chances were gone suggests otherwise.

1865 posts