Relegation

1865 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2021 14:12

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal Think Puscas will really miss Azeez.

Hopefully Rahman knows how to cross, but he's not going to have much to aim for.

Why single out the one player?

With all our midfield signings, i do hope that allows Ejaria/swift to push right up alongside Puscas to be each others foil. But thats wishful thinking.

Azeez? Because I thought he started extremely well and managed to pop up all over the place causing problems and particularly supporting Puscas by attacking the far post on his side.

Rahman? Because he's the only new flank player we have and we know Yiadom rarely tries to cross. Ejaria, when back, rarely tries to cross and certainly never early, Hoilett is toilet. Assuming Halilovic will play central. Dele-Bashiru doesn't look like a wide player.

Puscas? Because he's our only recognised senior striker that's fit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2021 14:16

Think AH more likely to play wide. Apparently a decent cross and set piece on him

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 02 Sep 2021 15:40

Despite the lack of striker cover;this squad really should be able to get out of the mire.

Rafa
Yids. Dann Moore Baba
Laurent Swift DWater
Ejaria Puscas Toilet/TDB

When will see Ovie though ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Sep 2021 15:41

If you could stop calling one of our players Toilet, that would be fucking great.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Sep 2021 15:51

No one has ever thought of making that rhyme so probably very happy with himself.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Sep 2021 16:02

I'm looking forward to seeing Danny Drink-Water-Closet play

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2021 16:25

Football 365 review of our summer dealings - pleasant reading!!!!

Reading risk on experience
Reading have had a difficult summer, put into positions even a trained gymnast would be proud of, to be able to desperately bring aboard new recruits.

Given the ages and lack of recent game time their two deadline-day signings Danny Drinkwater and Scott Dann possess, gymnastic positions will not be their forte. On paper, Reading have pulled together a crop of excellent players – for five years ago. Add former starlet Alen Halilovic and Chelsea left-back Abdul Baba Rahman to the mix and you have a roster of players who would have looked prime for challenging for domestic honours not long ago rather than fighting against relegation to League One now.

But this is not five years ago, and in reality Dann has not been up to first-team standard at any level since the first lockdown, while Drinkwater’s decline began long before. Halilovic failed to light up the league at a slightly better Birmingham last season and Rahman has looked poor in almost every minute he has played in English football. If they all get a reprieve for showcasing their undoubted but hard to unlock talents a step lower, they had better get to it quickly before the level goes even further down.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2021 17:39

Hound Think AH more likely to play wide. Apparently a decent cross and set piece on him

Fingers crossed.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 02 Sep 2021 17:42

Hendo If you could stop calling one of our players Toilet, that would be fucking great.

Noted and will do.But please however refrain from using the F word; I regret I am of a generation which find it distasteful and unacceptable.You would not use it in work would you,without serious implications ;or use it in mixed company.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Sep 2021 18:08

Westwood52
Hendo If you could stop calling one of our players Toilet, that would be fucking great.

Noted and will do.But please however refrain from using the F word; I regret I am of a generation which find it distasteful and unacceptable.You would not use it in work would you,without serious implications ;or use it in mixed company.

Find the f word distasteful but have no problem with disrespecting people by a) spelling their names consistently wrong and b) calling someone Toilet as their name.

:|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Sep 2021 18:20

Hendo
Westwood52

Find the f word distasteful but have no problem with disrespecting people by a) spelling their names consistently wrong and b) calling someone Toilet as their name.

Another HNA?! banger of a pathetic argument :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Sep 2021 19:27

CountryRoyal
Hendo
Westwood52

Another HNA?! banger of a pathetic argument :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2021 23:41

Westwood52

Regularly in both.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Sep 2021 00:24

Well, we are a bog standard team.

Playing at the Select Car(sey) stadium.

And a third pun.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Sep 2021 06:41

Snowflake Royal
Westwood52

Regularly in both.

The “mixed company” bit is the kicker for me. We wouldn’t want women to discover foul language now, would we? They’d probably pass out from shock.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2021 08:06

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
Westwood52

Regularly in both.

The “mixed company” bit is the kicker for me. We wouldn’t want women to discover foul language now, would we? They’d probably pass out from shock.

Who would have thought a guy who can't be bothered to spell people's names properly even when asked would be a misogynist dinosaur.

I've heard *gasp* some of the ladies drink, swear, smoke and work these days. For shame!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Sep 2021 08:12

The more he posts the more I am convinced Westwood must be a parody poster. Nobody is actually like that surely?? Awful.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2021 08:52

paultheroyal Football 365 review of our summer dealings - pleasant reading!!!!

Reading have had a difficult summer, put into positions even a trained gymnast would be proud of, to be able to desperately bring aboard new recruits.

Given the ages and lack of recent game time their two deadline-day signings Danny Drinkwater and Scott Dann possess, gymnastic positions will not be their forte. On paper, Reading have pulled together a crop of excellent players – for five years ago. Add former starlet Alen Halilovic and Chelsea left-back Abdul Baba Rahman to the mix and you have a roster of players who would have looked prime for challenging for domestic honours not long ago rather than fighting against relegation to League One now.

But this is not five years ago, and in reality Dann has not been up to first-team standard at any level since the first lockdown, while Drinkwater’s decline began long before. Halilovic failed to light up the league at a slightly better Birmingham last season and Rahman has looked poor in almost every minute he has played in English football. If they all get a reprieve for showcasing their undoubted but hard to unlock talents a step lower, they had better get to it quickly before the level goes even further down.

:lol: Might as well just relegate us now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2021 08:55

Well it's a view, not one I would say based on too much especially as Dann played 15 full PL games just last season but they may be right. My view is, play-offs may be the target but forget that but this squad should be comfortably mid-table by the end of the season.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Sep 2021 09:17

Stranded

Well it's a view, not one I would say based on too much especially as Dann played 15 full PL games just last season but they may be right. My view is, play-offs may be the target but forget that but this squad should be comfortably mid-table by the end of the season.

It is a fairly good summary but i think it misses the point why we got all these 'experienced' players in.
I stopped reading after it says Brum were slightly better than us last season, as all credibility was lost.

1865 posts